United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
This is the first seasons it's happened iirc, English teams took the lead. If European clubs find that they can't sign UK based players after English window shuts and that their own plans are disrupted with players moving they will likely follow suit.
No, was the same last summer.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So two of our main targets are in the same league...

Same shit different year. They can't get deals done in an efficient manner.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
So two of our main targets are in the same league...

Same shit different year. They can't get deals done in an efficient manner.
And they are hampered when looking for replacements by the early window; and round we go.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:59 PM
AK14

The shortened window is ridiculous when you consider other European clubs can still sign players once our window closes.

That being said I think that who ever is in charge of transfers has royally £#%&!ed this window up. It looks like we’ll be signing Maguire (if anyone) for the fee that’s been quoted to us all summer. It’s laughable that we’ve wasted all this time and still end up paying what Leicester want.

It does look like that since Dybala was dangled under Woodward’s nose that all other transfers have been put on hold. Again we’re going for the ‘marquee’ signing instead of what we actually need and putting all our eggs in that basket

Or so it seems...

If we end up signing Maguire and Dybala it will look like a good window on paper. But the way we’ve dragged our feet after such a shit season is depressing as £#%&!.

Unread 01-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Lok

It's not rocket science. Have a few alternatives for each position and set deadlines for when you move down the list.

We're going to end up with £#%&! all.

Reckon we'll go for Cahill on deadline day.

Unread 01-08-2019, 07:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/st...803805701?s=21

Ole’s not a fan of the short transfer window...

Who can blame him with Woodward in charge of getting deals done.

(Click the tweet for the video)
Got shambles written all over it. Shock.

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Clownbones

I have more and more sympathy with each doomed manager that takes this job in good faith.

Putting on a brave face and staying professional* as they get a fraction of what they ask for.

It's not so much that we dont get players - everyone misses out on players - it's the seemingly ridiculous levels of posturing and bullshit that we leak to the press and then fail to deliver on.

We are all talk.

We need about six new players. Wont all happen in one window, but you can tell by the increasingly defeatist attitude of Ole what's going on.

"Some of these players wont be here"

"We're hoping to get a couple in"

"The short window"

*except Mourinho

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Sparky***

I genuinely can't believe people didn't see this coming.

£#%&!ing alarm sirens should have been blaring last summer when we were in a much better position to strengthen having finished 2nd. We ended up with Fred and Dalot.

Then our chief exec was briefing against our manager to the press about his transfer targets. Absolute madness.

Solskjaer will be gone by december and another manager will have come a cropper thanks to our poisonous owners and their little maggot of a chief exec.

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:16 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

£#%&!ing alarm sirens should have been blaring last summer when we were in a much better position to strengthen having finished 2nd. We ended up with Fred and Dalot.

Then our chief exec was briefing against our manager to the press about his transfer targets. Absolute madness.

Solskjaer will be gone by december and another manager will have come a cropper thanks to our poisonous owners and their little maggot of a chief exec.
Sean Dyche

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:21 PM
dunk

Quote:

There's no money mate.

Even if they do manage to get slabhead, that just means we aren't signing anyone of note for 2-3 summers, barring the miracle of CL qualification or a huge fee coming in.

The Dybala one actually does strike me as possible as there's no actual outlay, possibly a slightly higher wage, but I'm sure they can live with that.

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
There's no money mate.

Even if they do manage to get slabhead, that just means we aren't signing anyone of note for 2-3 summers, barring the miracle of CL qualification or a huge fee coming in.

The Dybala one actually does strike me as possible as there's no actual outlay, possibly a slightly higher wage, but I'm sure they can live with that.
oh there's money alright.

it's just being £#%&!ing siphoned off to pay debts and prop up the lifestyle of that family of £#%&!ing vultures

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

it's just being £#%&!ing siphoned off to pay debts and prop up the lifestyle of that family of £#%&!ing vultures
And the manager will get thrown under the bus.

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:45 PM
dunk

Quote:

There really isn't. How much do the Glazers take a year? £30m? That won't even buy a decent player ffs (Daniel James notwithstanding) They are having to take loans against shares in United to prop them up, despicable as that is, it's not taking money out of the club.

Servicing the debt is the crippler

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
There's no money mate.

“There’s no money. Unless we spend a world record fee on a defender. In which case I’ll just move on to saying there won’t be any money next season”

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

“There’s no money. Unless we spend a world record fee on a defender. In which case I’ll just move on to saying there won’t be any money next season”
2018 results..

RECORD TOTAL REVENUE OF £590.0 MILLION

OPERATING PROFIT OF £44.1 MILLION

Of the £44.1m profit, how much will be used for Maguire? How much comes out of the profits for 2019 and 2020, for instance.

Not that difficult. Especially when still paying off previous buys and already committed to £60-odd million for Wan-Bissaka and James.

Unread 01-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
2018 results..

RECORD TOTAL REVENUE OF £590.0 MILLION

OPERATING PROFIT OF £44.1 MILLION

Of the £44.1m profit, how much will be used for Maguire? How much comes out of the profits for 2019 and 2020, for instance.

Not that difficult. Especially when still paying off previous buys and already committed to £60-odd million for Wan-Bissaka and James.
That isn’t how it works though, transfer fees are paid across the length of their contract, almost every club does it that way.

Unread 01-08-2019, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
That isn’t how it works though, transfer fees are paid across the length of their contract, almost every club does it that way.
It does, but every time you add another 5 year deal with a large transfer to be paid in installments over the length it adds to the costs for the next year and eats into the profit.

If they take slabhead on a 5 year deal, £20m now and £15m a season for the next 5 years it has an affect on the profit, reducing it by £15m a year, plus the added wages. So signing 5-6 players on big monies isn't possible, really, and we've already signed 2, without major out-goings or a huge jump in profit, Like not paying interest and dividends

So committing to Slabhead this summer, means less to spend next summer and the following summers, especially given the lack of CL football.

Unread 01-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Correct. Plus that £44m operating profit includes net expenditure on transfers. There is quite clearly money to spend, Young, Jones and Smalling are taking close to £20m a season in salary (not including driving down the value of the club and costing us CL), we spent £90m on a striker that can't trap a ball, I could go on but the issue is what we spend money on, not the amount we have.

Unread 01-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
It does, but every time you add another 5 year deal with a large transfer to be paid in installments over the length it adds to the costs for the next year and eats into the profit.

If they take slabhead on a 5 year deal, £20m now and £15m a season for the next 5 years it has an affect on the profit, reducing it by £15m a year, plus the added wages. So signing 5-6 players on big monies isn't possible, really, and we've already signed 2, without major out-goings or a huge jump in profit, Like not paying interest and dividends

So committing to Slabhead this summer, means less to spend next summer and the following summers, especially given the lack of CL football.
But you’re not taking into account the fact that yes, we might be paying £15m
extra a year for Maguire, but there will also be players we ‘finish’ paying for over those years too.

Unread 01-08-2019, 09:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Correct. Plus that £44m operating profit includes net expenditure on transfers. there is quite clearly money to spend, Young, Jones and Smalling are taking close to £20m a season in salary (not including driving down the value of the club and costing us CL), we spent £90m on a striker that can't trap a ball, I could go on but the issue is what we spend money on, not the amount we have.
It includes net expenditure on transfers for that season. So you have £44m to play with, either one hit or installments for the next year, in theory, I realise it isn't exactly that.

The money on Young, Jones, Smalling etc. is spent though, committed, so it isn't available to spend.

Realistically, they can't buy Wan-Bissaka, James, Maguire, Longstaff and Fernandes, the money just isn't there, and the ones they do buy will be paid for over the next few years.

Dybala probably the most likely signing as no outlay.

Quote:
But you’re not taking into account the fact that yes, we might be paying £15m
extra a year for Maguire, but there will also be players we ‘finish’ paying for over those years too.
There will, but most were much cheaper, and therefore less money wise each year, or whatever the deal was. Hence them bartering over every penny and baulking at asking prices.

Or I'm completely wrong and there's hundreds of millions to spend but they can't give it away...
Closed Thread