United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2007, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

I don't wanna make this an anti-Fletcher thread JC so I'll just say this, he's 24 now and United are about to spend big for the 2nd summer running on a player for his position. We also have a real talent in Darron Gibson coming through. I suspect as such in 18 months or so, rather like happened with Pip Neville and Nicky Butt he'll realise he's never gonna be a first teamer at United and will leave to get that football.

Unread 27-04-2007, 09:34 AM
MUFC One Love

No £#%&!ing about, our strongest team. Take key players off when we're winning. It actually works against you resting in games like this because we'll end up chasing a goal and that tires the players out more.

Keep the momentum, full team, onto Milan.

Unread 27-04-2007, 09:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't wanna make this an anti-Fletcher thread JC so I'll just say this, he's 24 now and United are about to spend big for the 2nd summr running on a player for his position. We also have a real talent in Darron Gibson coming through. I suspect as such in 18 months or so, rather like happened with Pip Neville and Nicky Butt he'll realise he's never gonna be a first teamer at United and will leave to get that football.
They didn't realise that til they were 28, though.

Four more years! Four more years!.....

Some players are happy to just be a squad member. Players who aren't first choice can still end up playing 30+ games a season.

We know how much Fergie likes him too (Do you remember when he used to talk about him in the same bracket as Ron and Roo. He's stopped that now )

I'd expect that the better he gets, the less likely he is to leave. I don't expect him to leave anytime soon.

Unread 27-04-2007, 09:40 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
No £#%&!ing about, our strongest team. Take key players off when we're winning. It actually works against you resting in games like this because we'll end up chasing a goal and that tires the players out more.

Keep the momentum, full team, onto Milan.
Correct and I think he will.

I suspect Smith might come in for Giggs and Fletcher will go to the right hand side with Ronnie on the left.

Unread 27-04-2007, 10:29 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Do you really reckon Nicky B is happy playing for that lot?

I’d give you a pound to a penny that he would rather be on the bench at OT.

As far as Fletcher is concerned, while he may not be Roy Keane, he is certainly doing what is asked of him at the moment and what more do you want?

IMHO the wizard is just proving that he knows a little bit more about the game then most (if not all) of us.

£#%&! me posting again? I must be feeling energetic!

Unread 27-04-2007, 10:31 AM
jem

Default rest giggs, can't really afford to rest scholes

is richardson still injured?

anyway...

kuszczak

o'shea - brown - heinze - evra

fletch - carrick - scholes - ronaldo

rooney - smith

Unread 27-04-2007, 10:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

As far as Fletcher is concerned, while he may not be Roy Keane, he is certainly doing what is asked of him at the moment and what more do you want?

:
I don't want or expect any more of him.

Unread 27-04-2007, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is richardson still injured?

anyway...

kuszczak

o'shea - brown - heinze - evra

fletch - carrick - scholes - ronaldo

rooney - smith
Is Eddy injured or summat?

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Whalefish

I'm quite worried about Andy Johnson, Arteta, Pip, Carsely and Yobo. Think they'll all have blinders.

Pre match nerves already. Effin hell.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm quite worried about Andy Johnson, Arteta, Pip, Carsely and Yobo. Think they'll all have blinders.

Pre match nerves already. Effin hell.
If I ever meet you I'm gonna take you by the shoulders and give you a damn good shake! The we'll go to a bar and I'll buy you a Mojito.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
If I ever meet you I'm gona take you by the shoulders andgive you a damn good shake! The we'll go to a bar and I'll buy you a Mojito.
Good stuff.

But seriously, Andy Johnsons pace.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Good stuff.

But seriously, Andy Johnsons pace.
yeah and his devastating finishing ability...................

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:41 AM
dodger

Quote:
Richardson and Smith in.

I'm expecting a 3-1 Everton victory. We'll be knackered, one eye on Tuesday etc etc.
Please don't £#%&! this up Fergie. Please please please.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
yeah and his devastating finishing ability...................
He'll take the piss. I can feel it in me bones.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He'll take the piss. I can feel it in me bones.
You're scared of Carsely, I suspect you have Osteoporosis.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Whalefish

Him and Fernandes to boss the midfield. Arteta and Osman to provide the creativity out wide.

McFadden and Johnson to wreak havoc amongst our patched up back four.

The first twenty mins are going to be edge of the seat stuff as they came right at us.

Unread 27-04-2007, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Him and Fernandes to boss the midfield. Arteta and Osman to provide the creativity out wide.

McFadden and Johnson to wreak havoc amongst our patched up back four.

The first twenty mins are going to be edge of the seat stuff as they came right at us.

I think you need therapy. Also milk.

Unread 27-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Tiberian

League is the priority, we are in control and need to maintain that control. Everton will be a difficult enough game without resting key players. Win and we have one hand on the trophy, would mean if we beat City and Chelsea do not win against Arsenal next week that we would virtually be champions. Win our next 2 league games and we are champions.

Unread 27-04-2007, 12:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
League is the priority, we are in control and need to maintain that control. Everton will be a difficult enough game without resting key players. Win and we have one hand on the trophy, would mean if we beat City and Chelsea do not win against Arsenal next week that we would virtually be champions. Win our next 2 league games and we are champions.
That seems to be the general train of thought.

Winning the next two would allow us to lose at Chelsea and go into the last day needing to beat West Ham.

It's not that I don't think we can get something at Stamford Bridge, but I don't want us going there needing anything.

For 24 hours last week Chelsea were in a position that if they won their remaining games then they are champions. We can't allow them that luxury again.

Unread 27-04-2007, 01:44 PM
El Calafate

Exclamation Everton Squad for tomorrow

Wright, Hibbert, Yobo, Stubbs, Lescott, Naysmith, Arteta, Carsley, Neville, Osman, Fernandes, Beattie, McFadden, Ruddy, Van der Meyde, De Silva, Anderson, Valente.

nft.
Closed Thread