United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Default Re: FC's new ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Mao, you're so ignorant on the subject I wouldn't even know where to start. I'd tell you to stop embarrassing yourself but something tells me that! Would fall! On deaf ears!
Here we go

Tell me where I am wrong here...

FC don't have enough money for a ground

FC charged £1000 for a table at their 'gala evening'

FC stand for affordable football

(evidently their idea of affordable is fairly 'elastic')

FC are constantly asking for 'donations' to the DF, offering to sell 'shares' in the ground for £2000 (again, that theory of affordable is tenuous at best)

Certain fans will pay the thousands requested, others (which FC has touted for and used for publicity simply won't be able to afford said thousands)

And so you have the situation I refer to where a 'fan' who is willing to spend thousands is on FB telling all and sundry how they are going to awards dinners etc....

No different to Utd in any respect as far as I'm concerned! If you have the money you are welcome to bask in the limelight!

Or candlelight in this instance

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:07 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Here we go

FC are constantly asking for 'donations' to the DF, offering to sell 'shares' in the ground for £2000 (again, that theory of affordable is tenuous at best)

Certain fans will pay the thousands requested, others (which FC has touted for and used for publicity simply won't be able to afford said thousands)

And so you have the situation I refer to where a 'fan' who is willing to spend thousands is on FB telling all and sundry how they are going to awards dinners etc....

No different to Utd in any respect as far as I'm concerned! If you have the money you are welcome to bask in the limelight!

The only thing that is wrong there is the behaviour of the fan, over which FC have no control.

I do not see anything wrong in asking those that can afford it to help pay for something which everyone can enjoy. And payment into the various funds have absolutely no standing when it comes to deciding club policy. That is still one member one vote and membership is very affordable.

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Withers

Quote:
Here we go

FC don't have enough money for a ground- They do, just short in donations but have the facility to borrow the rest if needed

FC charged £1000 for a table at their 'gala evening'- They did

FC stand for affordable football - They do

FC are constantly asking for 'donations' to the DF, offering to sell 'shares' in the ground for £2000 (again, that theory of affordable is tenuous at best)- Not true- The DF and the community shares are seperate. The community shares are investments, not donations. Anybody who is a member can invest between £200- £20000. If you invest £20000 you have no more rights than somebody investing £200

Certain fans will pay the thousands requested, others (which FC has touted for and used for publicity simply won't be able to afford said thousands) They can invest from £200, they can pay by installments. Can't get much more affordable

And so you have the situation I refer to where a 'fan' who is willing to spend thousands is on FB telling all and sundry how they are going to awards dinners etc.... Your issue there is with the fan not FC as a club, however if they get nominated for an award surely someone needs to turn up and collect it?. You would probably accuse them of being arrogant if they didn't

No different to Utd in any respect as far as I'm concerned! If you have the money you are welcome to bask in the limelight! For every person you know who has invested there are a hundred who you don't know. Funny definition of basking in the limelight.

Otherwise, good post.

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:24 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I'm Pro FC tbh.
same here

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Not really, we just don't have enough donations yet.

Quote:
Didn't know about this myself, but I don't see the problem really. Do you have to go to the gala evening in order to qualify to go to the matches? If not, so what? If people want to pay to go to those kinds of fundraising events, fair play to them. It's not my thing, but as long as a) it's still one member one vote, b) it doesn't stop anyone going to matches and c) it doesn't give those people any kind of special privileges, then I'm fine with it.

Quote:

I went the other week, paid in and got a programme and had change from a tenner. How is that not affordable? Why are you confusing gala dinners with matches?

Quote:
FC are constantly asking for 'donations' to the DF, offering to sell 'shares' in the ground for £2000 (again, that theory of affordable is tenuous at best) Certain fans will pay the thousands requested, others (which FC has touted for and used for publicity simply won't be able to afford said thousands)
See, this is where your ignorance shines through. The Community Share scheme isn't the Development Fund. And where on earth have you got £2,000 from? Personally I paid £500. I believe the minimum is £200. People have organised syndicates where they're paying £20 in some cases. This means people can still be involved even if they can't afford thousands. Please tell me you can grasp this simple concept. The key is that, no matter how much you invest, you have no more say in anything than anyone else.

Quote:
Well, a fan's private facebook page is hardly the club's fault is it?

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Zorg

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...dium-in-moston

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
The only thing that is wrong there is the behaviour of the fan, over which FC have no control.

I do not see anything wrong in asking those that can afford it to help pay for something which everyone can enjoy. And payment into the various funds have absolutely no standing when it comes to deciding club policy. That is still one member one vote and membership is very affordable.
Isn't this what United did?

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:47 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Isn't this what United did?
It's the opposite of what United did.

They've asked someone who can't afford it to pay for it.

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

See, this is where your ignorance shines through. The Community Share scheme isn't the Development Fund. And where on earth have you got £2,000 from? Personally I paid £500. I believe the minimum is £200. People have organised syndicates where they're paying £20 in some cases. This means people can still be involved even if they can't afford thousands. Please tell me you can grasp this simple concept. The key is that, no matter how much you invest, you have no more say in anything than anyone else.

Well, a fan's private facebook page is hardly the club's fault is it?

By the way, this constant use! Of exclamation! Marks! Makes you look like an absolute cretin.

As I said I have no issue with FC 'getting' their own ground

So what if the minimum is £200, if Utd suddenly offered shares (community or otherwise) in OT, you lot would be up in arms!

How many residents of Clayton signed-up for these 'community shares' when ten acre lane was on the cards?? It's their community after all

FC should learn to walk before trying to run FFS! If they stopped paying their players over the odds (Dave Chadwick and that shit-haired striker of his mate signed from Prescott cables are 2 prime examples) then they should be able to save and build their own ground without going as I said in my first post cap in hand to the fans..

As for my use of !! You are about the 100th person to comment on it, I use them to illustrate my irritation!! There are numerous comments and responses on here and other sites about it! Im not going to stop doing it because some skag-head looking dick thinks it makes me less intelligent than him am I

Plus the more I know it winds people up the more I enjoy typing them!!

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
As for my use of !! You are about the 100th person to comment on it, I use them to illustrate my irritation!! There are numerous comments and responses on here and other sites about it! Im not going to stop doing it because some skag-head looking dick thinks it makes me less intelligent than him am I

can't see rodders recovering from that,tbh.

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
forwardirektion

Jesus Mao, you regret coming for the first few seasons we get it.........At least you missed out on some shit seasons at united when chelsea were winning things and got to go back when we were winning stuff.

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Jesus Mao, you regret coming for the first few seasons we get it.........At least you missed out on some shit seasons at united when chelsea were winning things and got to go back when we were winning stuff.

can't see maoers recovering from that, tbh.

Unread 06-04-2011, 09:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well, because the 2 grand at United makes you a customer and at FC a shareholder.

I'm not saying one is better than the other and FC isn't my thing, but the difference is pretty obvious.
a shareholder in what? it's doing nothing different to united or any other football club. all this %@#$&!s about the fans having one share one vote is manufactured gimmick to make fc fans feel part. i've got 200 quids worth so i want to manage next week is that ok?

don't want to get into the whole things that has been done a thousand times but fc did what it did well for 3 years. it made a point and gave fans an option to watch football after ditching ST's. after that its moo, protests at OT are none existent because we're playing and fc are now do far detached from United that they are just another team with another set of fans.

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:03 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
a shareholder in what? it's doing nothing different to united or any other football club. all this %@#$&!s about the fans having one share one vote is manufactured gimmick to make fc fans feel part. i've got 200 quids worth so i want to manage next week is that ok?

don't want to get into the whole things that has been done a thousand times but fc did what it did well for 3 years. it made a point and gave fans an option to watch football after ditching ST's. after that its moo, protests at OT are none existent because we're playing and fc are now do far detached from United that they are just another team with another set of fans.
You don't have to buy the shares in order to go and watch! At United it costs a shitload to even get in the door, at FC it doesn't, simple as that.

The second bit might be true but it's none of my business to be honest.

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
My only regret is being in Blackpool when I should have been at Anfield!

It was 1 season btw, I quickly saw the animal farm type 'worthiness' developing and got out

I don't really understand your point tbh, I know you are trying to imply something witty along the lines of glory hunting but you are barking up the wrong tree (or should that be oinking? Because let's be honest you are one of the pigs, and are the pigs mouthpieces ain't ya!)

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Zorg

Quote:
So what if the minimum is £200
So why did you say it was £2,000?

Quote:
if Utd suddenly offered shares (community or otherwise) in OT, you lot would be up in arms!
Well, I think there's a key difference between OT and FC's ground, but I'll see if you can work that out for yourself.
Why are you rolling your eyes at 'community'? Do you actually know what it means?

Quote:
How many residents of Clayton signed-up for these 'community shares' when ten acre lane was on the cards?? It's their community after all
Apparently a few of them did. Overall the reaction locally was extremely positive, as the ground would have been (and will be now in Moston) for their own use too, thus improving the local area. When FC aren't playing local residents will be able to use the facilities.

Quote:
FC should learn to walk before trying to run FFS! If they stopped paying their players over the odds (Dave Chadwick and that shit-haired striker of his mate signed from Prescott cables are 2 prime examples) then they should be able to save and build their own ground without going as I said in my first post cap in hand to the fans..
Again, difficult to know where to start here. I've no idea how much Chadwick's on, or who this Presot player you're on about is. We don't pay our players any more than anyone else. Where have you got that from?

Anyway, 'going cap in hand' to the fans...the club is the fans. We're funding our own ground and our own future. The funding was fully in place, but due to city's plans for East Manchester, they didn't want FC in the ointment and the millions on offer from the arabs was too much for the council to turn down, so they pulled the plug and promised a new site. Not really FC's fault tbh.

Quote:
As for my use of !! You are about the 100th person to comment on it, I use them to illustrate my irritation!!
Well, you must be irritated all the time then, as you do it after virtually every sentence. As I said, it makes you like a cretin, or a young child.

I was right, anyway: it did fall on deaf ears. I'd suggest you read what Withers says above, and what I've said, and maybe even what's on the FC website - you know, educate yourself a bit about a subject you appear to be interested in.

But something tells me that instead, you'll choose instead to produce these rather sad, confused rants that have only a tenuous link with reality. Whilst shouting!!1

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:11 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
My only regret is being in Blackpool when I should have been at Anfield!

It was 1 season btw, I quickly saw the animal farm type 'worthiness' developing and got out

I don't really understand your point tbh, I know you are trying to imply something witty along the lines of glory hunting but you are barking up the wrong tree (or should that be oinking? Because let's be honest you are one of the pigs, and are the pigs mouthpieces ain't ya!)
Now i honestly don't believe you've read a book, where did you nick that analogy from??
I'm not getting into an argument with you because it's been done a million times before and you've clearly made your mind up. It's just a bit sad to see you sniping at something you clearly enjoyed when you were there, you loved bringing your big flag and swinging about didn't you

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:16 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

For instance, I know of one 'fan' who on FB already looks down on and is quite open about his 'better than yow' fan status...
Is he a brummie ?

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:19 AM
elephantstone

Thumbs up Re: FC's new ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Otherwise, good post.
I bet you had a 'Grand' table.

Unread 06-04-2011, 10:20 AM
irk

Quote:

I know people in a syndicate where they've paid £10 each ffs.
tramps.

they'll feel right at home in moston
Closed Thread