United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-01-2024, 06:58 AM
believe

Football Wigan v Manchester United - 8:15pm 08/01/24 - FA Cup Official Match Thread

Feels like months since I’ve watched a game. Won’t see this one.

Magic of the FA Cup

Unread 08-01-2024, 08:44 AM
no fun

Really fancy us to get something here

Unread 08-01-2024, 08:56 AM
est.1878

Big question is did hyman sort his four together

Any chance of a frozen pitch?

815 on a Monday night is a new intolerance

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:00 AM
Stickman

Hopefully get a goal.

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:07 AM
redhegemony

Looking forward to hearing the report on the vegan pies

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:15 AM
wiganste

Finishing work at 11 for this.

Pie barms and booze - what a combination!

Should be a good away end tonight - almost 7,500. Everyone sorted for tickets, will be a belter

2-1 to Wigan

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:26 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Big question is did hyman sort his four together

Any chance of a frozen pitch?

815 on a Monday night is a new intolerance
Had to go corporate in the end £210 per ticket taking my eldest lad.

All mates and their respective children got sorted via other means. I’ve even offered to drive everyone so will miss the ‘hot buffet’ laid on as part of the corporates. Tickets are in the stand with everyone else so should be a good un. Should be a good away end with those numbers - Blackburn away tackle.

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:29 AM
wiganste

£210?
I thought they were £180? Still scandalous at those prices with no free bar

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:34 AM
dragflick

We're not up there til about 6ish I don't think as the designated drivers can't get out of work too early. Looking forward to it though, loads going

Hope he plays Amad from the start with Hojlund and Rashford/Garnashers on the other side.

3-1 Wigan.

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:39 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

210 quid to get into Wigan! Mental eh. What times we live in. Enjoy lads. Be banging in there. Huddle together as it will also be bastard freezing.

1-0 Wigan

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:40 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
£210?
I thought they were £180? Still scandalous at those prices with no free bar
I was initially told that I had to buy them through Wigan who in turn use some agency (seat unique) or something so ended up at £210 after fees and shit

I was later showed that you could buy them via United at £180 which was a wonderful wonderful surprise.

Slow cooked beef apparently too…

MATCH DAY MENU
MAINS

Slow cooked beef steak, onions, and potatoes, topped with golden short crust pastry
Thyme roasted potatoes
Carrots, peas, cauliflower and broccoli
Caramelised onion gravy

VEGETARIAN/VEGAN – MUST BE PRE-ORDERED
A pithivier of butternut squash, spinach, chestnuts, cranberries and vegan feta with sprouting
broccoli, roasted carrots and sauteed potatoes served with a tomato and basil sauce

DESSERT
Vanilla cheesecake
chocolate sauce and vanilla whipped cre

Need to ask Jem what a pithivier is.

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:48 AM
believe

Slow cooked beef steak, onions, and potatoes, topped with golden short crust pastry = meat and potato pie

I honestly couldn’t fathom anyone paying 200 quid to watch a game of football

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:52 AM
est.1878

Ngl the veg option looks best there

Recently had utd top exec hospitality and the mushroom soup genuinely the highlight, and not in a snidey way. Albert TKM and bry were good value. We might be in need of an exec review thread tbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
With taxis can easily pay that for a mediocre meal and night out these days. Town pints being 6. 50 is end of days

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:54 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Slow cooked beef steak, onions, and potatoes, topped with golden short crust pastry = meat and potato pie

Well, my son is home from university, is keen to do a few more away matches but getting tickets and coordinating with him whilst he’s away at uni is challenging - it’s a local away with a big United allocation, mates are all going…who gives a £#%&!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Ngl the veg option looks best there

Recently had utd top exec hospitality and the mushroom soup genuinely the highlight, and not in a snidey way. Albert TKM and bry were good value. We might be in need of an exec review thread tbs

With taxis can easily pay that for a mediocre meal and night out these days. Town pints being 6. 50 is end of days
This too.

After all that….1-0 Wigan.

Unread 08-01-2024, 09:56 AM
est.1878

Don't worry tatty has locked the 1-0 utd or else daily full forum bad rep. This one is pants off relax, lads

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:33 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well, my son is home from university, is keen to do a few more away matches but getting tickets and coordinating with him whilst he’s away at uni is challenging - it’s a local away with a big United allocation, mates are all going…who gives a £#%&!.
Not knocking it mate fair play to anyone who's still prepared to do it, it just blows my mind.

To put it in to context me and the wife went out on West Beach on the Palm on Saturday. Brunch from 12-5 (all you can eat and drink) was about 70 quid each. We probably spent another 100 quid after brunch so for about 9 hours we spent 240 quid eating and drinking in the sun. For the same you're in Wigan for two hours

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:36 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Same.

Ive been in the United hospitality bit a few times for £#%&! all. A couple of different ones too, the Platinum Club (I think its called) and then just the "standard" ones. It's decent but I wouldn't be paying thousands for it. I've knocked it back for normal tickets in the past.

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

But Wigan vs United in the FA Cup third round is an actual event featuring top class (allegedly) sportsmen. An event that may only occur every X number of years (or never again).

The other is just you and your Mrs eating and drinking.

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:42 AM
silv

Quote:
Not knocking it mate fair play to anyone who's still prepared to do it, it just blows my mind.

To put it in to context me and the wife went out on West Beach on the Palm on Saturday. Brunch from 12-5 (all you can eat and drink) was about 70 quid each. We probably spent another 100 quid after brunch so for about 9 hours we spent 240 quid eating and drinking in the sun. For the same you're in Wigan for two hours
Cost of living pinch really hitting those in the polluting nations

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Cost of living pinch really hitting those in the polluting nations
Stick to the football please but for your reference it was the first time we've been out together outside of Xmas for 18 months.