United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-09-2023, 10:48 AM
MUFC One Love

Comfortable win.

Unread 23-09-2023, 10:50 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I'd gladly take a score draw. Beggars can't be choosers.
a draw against Burnley ffs

Anything less than a win is failure. They’re really shit.

Unread 23-09-2023, 10:52 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
a draw against Burnley ffs

Anything less than a win is failure. They’re really shit.
Bookmarked

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:00 AM
doudou

Hostile crowd of pissed up yonners. Shite, weak referee and var. just the kind of test we’ve constantly failed over the past 10 years

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Hostile crowd of pissed up yonners. Shite, weak referee and var. just the kind of test we’ve constantly failed over the past 10 years
Burnley fans will be up for it too.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:05 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
It's the perfect storm for our lot. Would genuinely take a draw, especially if Hoijland was to bag.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:08 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
I think he will do something to shake it up. I think this could be the first step to redemption for Maguire. He comes in, plays a blinder and united keep a clean sheet for the win .

0-2 to the reds
From a neutral perspective maguire deserves to start.
It how you run a squad. If the current options aren’t doing well, replacements have to be brought in.

Other wise it would be called favouritism which is what…… is being accused…

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:09 AM
Lok

Maguire in with Martinez in midfield? Crazier things have worked.

Not sure I could stomach watching Maguire lumber around for 90 minute

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:10 AM
believe

I’m not sure anyone will think favouritism will be the main motive for not picking Maguire tbh.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:13 AM
dunk

Weren't Maguire's last 2 appearances an absolute embarrassment for his Country and included an Own Goal? Yeah, deffo deserves a spot.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:14 AM
doudou

Genuinely can’t remember Maguire playing well for more than 20-odd minutes in the last 2 years. He’s finished at United and everyone knows it.

Lindelof is a liability but a better fit for the gameplan.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:16 AM
dunk

To be remembered that this isn't the Burnley who lump it towards a striker and work on second balls. They're City-extremely lite . All passing and combinations and movement, the absolute worst thing for Maguire to face.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:23 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Burnley fans will be up for it too.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:24 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
From a neutral perspective maguire deserves to start.
It how you run a squad. If the current options aren’t doing well, replacements have to be brought in.

Other wise it would be called favouritism which is what…… is being accused…
Probably the worst post I’ve ever seen on this forum.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Probably the worst post I’ve ever seen on this forum.
Turns out managers can’t even pick players they want to now. Not allowed to give time to implement a style of play.

Why have a manager at all? Just stick an AI on, judge it on “field tilts” and other £#%&!er stats and have the AI pick the starting squad

Or of course just ask ancelotti nicely , I’m sure he would

Hojlund to bag a brace

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:34 AM
dunk

Unfortunately the loud and clueless element of our support are well on their way to hounding Erik out, or at least the campaign has started in earnest. They want instant success and it has to be one as some sort of facsimilie of what Pep does or it doesn't count, and no reasoning for anything less will be tolerated. End of. Just a matter of time now, the players have got wind that the fans() are wavering and are looking to twist the knife, just as they did with Ole. They'll get him binned and then we can emply de Zerbi and start the whole process again and find out it was Potter that was the actual brains behind him.

The loud and stupid majority always get their way eventually.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Unfortunately the loud and clueless element of our support are well on their way to hounding Erik out, or at least the campaign has started in earnest. They want instant success and it has to be one as some sort of facsimilie of what Pep does or it doesn't count, and no reasoning for anything less will be tolerated. End of. Just a matter of time now, then we can emply de Zerbi and start the whole process again and find out it was Potter that was the actual brains behind him.
Fortunately, none of those will be amongst our travelling support today.

You’re describing Twitter and insta ugandan reds.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:37 AM
Seamus

I’m in the Burnley end. I hope they don’t gang up on me

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Fortunately, none of those will be amongst our travelling support today.

You’re describing Twitter and insta ugandan reds.
Oh I know who I'm describing. Their influence is finding it's way into the proper supporters though.

Unread 23-09-2023, 11:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I’m in the Burnley end. I hope they don’t gang up on me
You’ll blend in well tbf