United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
_

Unread 25-11-2022, 12:39 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Boiler Reds

I've recently moved into a rented property and it's got a f***ing payg gas and electric meter that I'm not allowed to change. The heating is gas and I'm generally only home at evenings and weekends. Is it more efficient to have the heating on low all day and turn it up a bit when i get in, or just having the boiler off all day and then turning it on for the heating for a few hours in the evening?

Unread 25-11-2022, 12:53 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
I've recently moved into a rented property and it's got a f***ing payg gas and electric meter that I'm not allowed to change. The heating is gas and I'm generally only home at evenings and weekends. Is it more efficient to have the heating on low all day and turn it up a bit when i get in, or just having the boiler off all day and then turning it on for the heating for a few hours in the evening?
Depends how well insulated the house is, and how new the heating system is.

The better insulated the house and newer the boiler is the lower the daytime temperature needed as the home will heat quickly and for little gas.

If its an old house and old system, I'd set the daytime set back temperature at 17 deg, and your occupation hours at 21 deg. Cost a lot more if you have to heat house from 10 degrees. Better to maintain a set back temp.

Biggest tip for anyone is to set your boiler heating temp as low as you can get it to whilst maintaining comfort. ie, start it at 50, and go lower. The boiler will condense more, will still heat your home but burn a lot less gas.

Same applies with hot water temp on a combi. 46 degrees is hot enough for any shower or bath, and will wash dishes. Otherwise you are paying to heat hot water to 60 degrees and then adding cold

Unread 25-11-2022, 01:23 PM
Poop

Thought this about the womens team.

Etc, etc....

Unread 25-11-2022, 01:27 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot

The better insulated the house and newer the boiler is the lower the daytime temperature needed as the home will heat quickly and for little gas.

If its an old house and old system, I'd set the daytime set back temperature at 17 deg, and your occupation hours at 21 deg. Cost a lot more if you have to heat house from 10 degrees. Better to maintain a set back temp.

Biggest tip for anyone is to set your boiler heating temp as low as you can get it to whilst maintaining comfort. ie, start it at 50, and go lower. The boiler will condense more, will still heat your home but burn a lot less gas.

Same applies with hot water temp on a combi. 46 degrees is hot enough for any shower or bath, and will wash dishes. Otherwise you are paying to heat hot water to 60 degrees and then adding cold
how do I achieve this?

Unread 25-11-2022, 01:35 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
how do I achieve this?
Info here mate

Unread 25-11-2022, 01:37 PM
est.1878

Quote:

Fiesta feeling on here for this wc....

Unread 25-11-2022, 01:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Alright Jim f*** off

Unread 25-11-2022, 01:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
how do I achieve this?
Set your thermostat and timer....

Unread 25-11-2022, 03:09 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:

This is good information.