United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Switching Off

Fixture list would be a help. If you can get a head start early nowadays it makes a difference. If we can win our first 5 I'm all in.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:18 PM
Halloween

Shame we aren't linked to Neves. Him, Sancho and a decent, quick, left-footed CB would make us genuine title contenders.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:19 PM
Parlabane

Would love to believe we could win it next year but I don't think its realistic

Get 2 or 3 key players in and we can put pressure on the front two next season and possibly take advantage of any slip up they might have, top two is certainly more feasible.

The season after next is where we really should be challenging for the title

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:20 PM
dunk

Honestly still think there is another season of development, filled with ups and downs, to come for this squad even with 3-4 top signings

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Vedder

3 defenders and it’s on. I’m prepared to miss out on Sancho if it means we can get two top class fullbacks and a world class CB next to Maguire.

Our fullbacks are nowhere near good enough. I don’t care if Bissaka can defend, the game had moved on, he’s a disaster in the attacking third. Palace let him have acres of space all night knowing he’s poor on the ball, I just think two world class fullbacks completely transforms the side and is as good as signing sancho. They would add so much to us going forward.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly still think there is another season of development, filled with ups and downs, to come for this squad even with 3-4 top signings
Definitely.

We're not going to jump from battling to for 4th straight to Champions, but I do believe we can close a seemingly bigger gap.

Most teams can. Liverpool had their nearly year and you could argue they were building up to it, but they significantly improved when VVD and Allisson came in. To the point of getting
20 additional points the following season.

You can see goals in us now. Goals and players that can turn the games we've suffered in in recent years. Last night was an example. We wouldn't have won that 12 months ago. We wouldn't have come back as early as we did against Bournemouth.

In simple terms, we've got four or five players capable of 15-25 goals each.

That's worth 15-20 extra points. Do that and we'll be up between 80 and 90 points.

The flaws in the team will produce the odd bad run and daft result like Southampton, but it would still be progress.

Start well, get some momentum, bit of luck with injuries and we should have our best season since Fergie left.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:37 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Whisper it.....

TWICI

who's in ?
100% in the ‘on’ camp.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Definitely.

We're not going to jump from battling to for 4th straight to Champions, but I do believe we can close a seemingly bigger gap.

Most teams can. Liverpool had their nearly year and you could argue they were building up to it, but they significantly improved when VVD and Allisson came in. To the point of getting
20 additional points the following season.

You can see goals in us now. Goals and players that can turn the games we've suffered in in recent years. Last night was an example. We wouldn't have won that 12 months ago. We wouldn't have come back as early as we did against Bournemouth.

In simple terms, we've got four or five players capable of 15-25 goals each.

That's worth 15-20 extra points. Do that and we'll be up between 80 and 90 points.

The flaws in the team will produce the odd bad run and daft result like Southampton, but it would still be progress.

Start well, get some momentum, bit of luck with injuries and we should have our best season since Fergie left.

Negative waffle, be gone !
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
100% in the ‘on’ camp.
My guy...

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Negative waffle, be gone !

My guy...

I'll get me coat

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I'll get me coat
Butchers ?

I think we're a lot closer to city than the table shows this year and Liverpool won't be the same force next year.
Few signings.

It's on I'm afraid......fully On.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:50 PM
dragflick

Cool

Quote:
Butchers ?

I think we're a lot closer to city than the table shows this year and Liverpool won't be the same force next year.
Few signings.

Reeks of it.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Reeks of RAWK

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:58 PM
puressence

It’s coming oles 25th anniversary of joining

Unread 17-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Butchers ?

Few signings.

I agree with that. City have lose 9 this year and have clearly regressed from their best level.

Liverpool maintaining what they've done seems almost impossible.

The gap will close from both sides.

Unread 17-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Cream

Our defence may be leaky but we’re unbeaten in something like 19 games.

Trouble will be trying to offload one of our 56 centre backs.

Unread 17-07-2020, 03:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Our defence may be leaky but we’re unbeaten in something like 19 games.

Trouble will be trying to offload one of our 56 centre backs.
13 clean sheets in those 19, so not that leaky, actually.

Unread 17-07-2020, 03:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Reeks of RAWK
Less of that in here thanks.

Unread 17-07-2020, 04:12 PM
utd99

Equivalent of an 89 point season post-Fernandes.

Fergie numbers

Unread 17-07-2020, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Even with a few top quality signings, can't see us actually winning the league next year. But it would be fantastic to be proved wrong.

Unread 17-07-2020, 07:06 PM
armchair

Liverpool are kind of old.
Closed Thread