Unread 21-07-2020, 08:02 AM
Red Santos

He's much better than Lindelof

Quick and aggressive.

Would've improved our defence

isnt he injury prone though?

Unread 21-07-2020, 08:10 AM
Throw

Wouldn’t want to be his central defensive partner in a successful pairing at a big club as you’d soon get the nickname Saltfish wouldn’t you?

Unread 21-07-2020, 08:42 AM
puressence

35 mill decent defender who can’t stay fit. Next

Unread 21-07-2020, 08:43 AM
Baron

Are City really going to start with two left footed centre backs? Is this Pep moving the game on again

Ake is a good player, am I arsed he's joining CIty? Not in the slightest.

Happy they're not going for either of the RB Leipzig lads first & foremost.

Unread 21-07-2020, 08:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Are City really going to start with two left footed centre backs? Is this Pep moving the game on again

Ake is a good player, am I arsed he's joining CIty? Not in the slightest.

Happy they're not going for either of the RB Leipzig lads first & foremost.
Yep.

Chelsea will probably buy both

Unread 21-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Mr_Ed

What's worrying is that Chelsea and City, if rumours are true, are going about their transfer business already.

Given the Coronavirus effect, we're hugely in debt, and the Glazer family aren't going to come out of this very well at all financially (assuming they still own a shit load of retail space in the US), then I'd suggest we've not got two pennies to rub together.

Unread 21-07-2020, 08:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
What's worrying is that Chelsea and City, if rumours are true, are going about their transfer business already.

Given the Coronavirus effect, we're hugely in debt, and the Glazer family aren't going to come out of this very well at all financially (assuming they still own a shit load of retail space in the US), then I'd suggest we've not got two pennies to rub together.
Said similar the other day, United are doing £#%&! all this summer, they had a nibble at Bellingham and asked a price for Sancho and one or two others, have been surprised to find that asking prices haven't halved in the wake of the lockdown and will now gently back away from the market as there's 'no value', and by the time they've come to this conclusion Chelsea, City, Juve, Munich and others are all well into their recruitment for next season. Shambolic.

Of course we might have 3 deals all ready to go once CL qualification is secured.. but how likely is that?

Unread 21-07-2020, 09:02 AM
Ethers

Some people put far too much importance in having a left and right footed centre back ffs. It really doesn’t matter all that much.

You’d be looked at as mental if you insisted a midfield pairing had to have one of each.

Unread 21-07-2020, 09:14 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Some people put far too much importance in having a left and right footed centre back ffs. It really doesn’t matter all that much.

You’d be looked at as mental if you insisted a midfield pairing had to have one of each.
Just play Greenwood there - solves it.

Unread 21-07-2020, 09:49 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

All started with Big Louis moaning about it constantly iirc..

Unread 21-07-2020, 10:05 AM
puressence

Another defender the inventor of the wheel will ruin

Unread 21-07-2020, 10:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Another defender the inventor of the wheel will ruin

Unread 21-07-2020, 10:29 AM
utd99

Uh oh..City and Chelsea are in for him. Probably means that three quarters of the forum will have suddenly shifted from “£#%&! the bargain bin” to “how did we £#%&! this up?”

Unread 21-07-2020, 10:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Uh oh..City and Chelsea are in for him. Probably means that three quarters of the forum will have suddenly shifted from “£#%&! the bargain bin” to “how did we £#%&! this up?”
I remain wholly not arsed. Which means we’ll probably sign him

Didn’t he start at Chelsea?

Unread 21-07-2020, 10:35 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Few times. Then he went on the Chelsea F.C English Football League loan experience .

Unread 21-07-2020, 10:36 AM
utd99

Quote:

Yep. One of the eight million kids they human trafficked. Serious talk of him going back there a year ago, but they were in the middle of binning Sarri. He’s really not a bad player, but it’s hard to tell when they’re in such poor teams. I doubt many knew what VvD had in him.

Unread 21-07-2020, 11:07 AM
DuanePipe

He's a perfectly capable centre back with injury problems.

But he is to Ruben Dias as Jack Grealish is to Bruno Fernandes.

Dias is the centre back people should be squabbling over. But as we saw with Fernandes, because he looks like a man playing against children in Portugal, people tend to take a similar view to him than they did with VVD playing in Scotland.

If you want your centre backs to be able to defend and pass the football, Dias is the one.

Unread 21-07-2020, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
He's a perfectly capable centre back with injury problems.

But he is to Ruben Dias as Jack Grealish is to Bruno Fernandes.

Dias is the centre back people should be squabbling over. But as we saw with Fernandes, because he looks like a man playing against children in Portugal, people tend to take a similar view to him than they did with VVD playing in Scotland.

If you want your centre backs to be able to defend and pass the football, Dias is the one.
Diaz, Upamecano and Konate all better options than Ake.

City might buy 2 though, would Ake class as homegrown having been in England since he was a kid?

Unread 21-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Neo

Arsed. He's too short.

Centre-backs, like goalkeepers, should be minimum height of 6'2".

How much money is that bald @#%&! going to spend on defenders, ffs.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

This.

Really not arsed about him. If we get him, great, if not, sure there's others out there...

Not that I trust our scouting system, however...

Ole does play a lot of FM, though, so he will have his own scouting network on his laptop.
Closed Thread