Default Harry Kane v Jordan Sanhco

£#%&! off Dortmund, hello Spurs.

No poll. cba.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:32 PM
dunk

Scholes talking %@#$&!s.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:34 PM
armchair

You'd get kane with the same money up front and a bit more over three years. Spurs have a lot of shit to pay off.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
You'd get kane with the same money up front and a bit more over three years. Spurs have a lot of shit to pay off.
Nah. Crown Jewels. They’d sell anyone else but he’s there forever.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:41 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nah. Crown Jewels. They’d sell anyone else but he’s there forever.
just like andy cole at newcastle.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:42 PM
ScarFace

We don't need a striker though.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:44 PM
magic_cantona

Sancho is 21 and would give us a mental attack and contribute with assists and goals. And he plays online with the lads.

Harry Kane brings his own translator and lots of Brylcream. We dont need another forward. We do need a great winger.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:46 PM
armchair

none of you are familiar with negotiations I see.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:46 PM
BarryX

Sancho for me. Good mates already with the Utd forwards according to Lingard, which will only add to the camaradarie we've seen on the pitch, post lock-down. Also Kane's injury record would surely raise a few eyebrows in terms of the risk for such a big outlay. Both great players, one proven, one still up-and-coming but a great talent. Jadon gets my hypothetical vote.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
just like andy cole at newcastle.
No, not really. Cole had been at Newcastle 2-3 years when we bought him.

Spurs daren’t sell Kane.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
No, not really. Cole had been at Newcastle 2-3 years when we bought him.

Spurs daren’t sell Kane.
That's exactly how it was with Cole. Keegan had to address the fans out side the club etc.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
That's exactly how it was with Cole. Keegan had to address the fans out side the club etc.
Nah, this would be different. ‘He’s one of their own’ and the only thing they’ve got going for them. Selling him would be a white flag and the fans would know it.

Unread 05-08-2020, 10:55 PM
armchair

Quote:
Nah, this would be different. ‘He’s one of their own’ and the only thing they’ve got going for them. Selling him would be a white flag and the fans would know it.
I think you underestimate how Andy Cole was at Newcastle. He was a legendary figure at Newcastle.

Quote:
In all, Cole scored 68 goals in 84 matches for Newcastle, giving him a strike rate of 81%.

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think you underestimate how Andy Cole was at Newcastle. He was a legendary figure at Newcastle.
Oh I know. But as I say, he’d been there 2 or 3 years, rather than since he was 7 or whatever, also, they had the messiah in charge doing the selling, Spurs don’t have that. They dare not sell him.

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:02 PM
armchair

Spurs would sell anyone to balance the books. I think we'd easily get Kane for 150 with half of that in staged payments. We may was well look at other targets if only that we look like were are looking at other targets.

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:05 PM
NedKelly

I dunno... I think Kane is a great player (certainly not past it, as some on here have suggested), but he’d surely demand to be the first pick up top. So one of Martial, Rashford, or Greenwood would be taking a step back. Sancho wouldn’t be able to make those demands imo, allowing for more fluidity with our frontline.

I also think Sancho just plain suits what we’re trying to do more. If you’d have asked me a year or two ago I’d have chosen Kane...

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:07 PM
armchair

All I'm saying is spurs would want to do a reasonable deal whereas dortmund are dealing in pre-covid prices.

And spurs aren't great of doing deals.

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
All I'm saying is spurs would want to do a reasonable deal whereas dortmund are dealing in pre-covid prices.

And spurs aren't great of doing deals.
Levy? Reasonable deal?

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:14 PM
armchair

Quote:
Levy? Reasonable deal?
They have a lot of big loans to pay and covid has changed a lot.

Unread 05-08-2020, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Sancho for me, even if Kane is a realistic prospect.
Closed Thread