Unread 19-06-2023, 10:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Current visit Dubai league table.

El homo 1
Silv 0
Esters -1

I know it’s hardly going to be played out on public forums but the lack of any real news on this is slightly concerning. A summer of missed transfers and ETH saying there’s no value in the market is pretty much the last thing we need.

Only slightly concerning? It's an absolute £#%&!ing shambles. You've got one of the biggest sports clubs in the world in effective limbo because the owners are complete and utter @#%&!s dragging their feet in making a decision. What are we on now, the 5th round of bids or something? And aside from that finnish fanny it's been the same 2 bidders from day 1.

It's utterly disgusting. Meanwhile it appears we can't make any serious signings (by serious, I mean something along the lines of Kane).

Fit and proper persons

Unread 19-06-2023, 10:39 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Only slightly concerning? It's an absolute £#%&!ing shambles. You've got one of the biggest sports clubs in the world in effective limbo because the owners are complete and utter @#%&!s dragging their feet in making a decision. What are we on now, the 5th round of bids or something? And aside from that finnish fanny it's been the same 2 bidders from day 1.

It's utterly disgusting. Meanwhile it appears we can't make any serious signings (by serious, I mean something along the lines of Kane).

Fit and proper persons
At least the winter window should be good.

Unread 19-06-2023, 10:41 AM
Lodestar

Quote:

Fit and proper persons

Can't help but think they are grandstanding aside from all the due diligence involved here that is drawing it out.

Also, is there a point at which they are due their annual £10 mil out of the club? Maybe they'll extract this before finally £#%&!ing off.

Unread 19-06-2023, 10:42 AM
est.1878

Bit disappointed that they've never been egged or similar in all these years

Unread 19-06-2023, 10:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Can't help but think they are grandstanding aside from all the due diligence involved here that is drawing it out.

Also, is there a point at which they are due their annual £10 mil out of the club? Maybe they'll extract this before finally £#%&!ing off.
Like wig ste, I have zero confidence any takeover will happen this summer. I don't believe they want to sell.

Unread 19-06-2023, 10:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Halal! Halal! We are the Busby boys!
Yalla Yalla, surely?

Unread 19-06-2023, 11:05 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Bit disappointed that they've never been egged or similar in all these years
Bit of this would have been great:

Seeing Joel Glazer duking it out with hark on the forecourt.

Unread 19-06-2023, 11:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
At least the winter window should be good.
the first nuclear winter window.

Unread 19-06-2023, 11:11 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Like wig ste, I have zero confidence any takeover will happen this summer. I don't believe they want to sell.
First home game needs to replicate what happened with ESL and the Scouse at home if so.

If they don't sell, the ground will continue to deteriorate and we cannot win the league no matter what ETH does. Can't see how they can stay.

Unread 19-06-2023, 12:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
These £#%&!ers will still be here next season btw
They’ll still be here.

Martial up front first game of the season

Make your peace with it now.

Unread 19-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They’ll still be here.

Martial up front first game of the season

Make your peace with it now.
Absolutely no chance.

Martial will be injured.

Unread 19-06-2023, 12:29 PM
tatty

Assuming Qatar win then part of me thinks we should hold off on these £50m half-assed summer buys because it’s likely they will need to be moved on again in relatively short order once the proper spending starts in the winter window.

Unread 19-06-2023, 12:59 PM
dunk

You don’t seem to grasp that the incoming owners don’t have any bearing on the amount we can spend transfer wise, really.

Unless they bring something like the Saudi backers Chelsea have buying up all their shite for stupid money, it’s not going to make much difference.

Unread 19-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You’d don’t seem to grasp that the incoming owners don’t have any bearing on the amount we can spend transfer wise, really.

Unless they bring something like the Saudi backers Chelsea have buying up all their shite for stupid money, it’s not going to make much difference.
Wasn’t there talk about £50m getting freed up because of the debt ?

Obviously not crazy money, but the difference between a keeper or Tom Heaton starting against Wolves.

Unread 19-06-2023, 01:08 PM
dunk

Yeah, but tatty (and others) seem to think we’ll be wading in and buying 5x £100m players

There will be a lift from the lack of mortgage, as it were, but that’ll be it. Player sales are the key.

Unread 19-06-2023, 01:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Yeah, but tatty (and others) seem to think we’ll be wading in and buying 5x £100m players

There will be a lift from the lack of mortgage, as it were, but that’ll be it. Player sales are the key.

I didn’t say 5 x £100m players.

I said 4 x £125m players.

Please don’t misrepresent.

Unread 19-06-2023, 01:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

As much as the rats have dragged this out, we were unlikely to have new owners with their feet under the desk by now. This was always likely to be our last window with them in charge. I think it’s reasonable to expect to know who the £#%&! it is by now though.

Unread 19-06-2023, 01:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I didn’t say 5 x £100m players.

I said 4 x £125m players.

Please don’t misrepresent.
Humble apologies