Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Bailly v Lindelöf
Bailly 78 72.22%
Lindelöf 30 27.78%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 04-07-2020, 05:17 PM
AK14

A year ago I’d Linders but now I’m leaning more towards Baily because I think he complements Maguire better than Lindelof does.

Wheres Axel BTW?

Unread 04-07-2020, 05:19 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
A year ago I’d Linders but now I’m leaning more towards Baily because I think he complements Maguire better than Lindelof does.

Wheres Axel BTW?
Out for the season

Unread 04-07-2020, 05:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Out for the season
Christ

When did that happen?

Don’t say he injured himself during lockdown...

That other academy kid is supposed to be a player (think he's played in the europa?)

Unread 04-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Out for the season
September they reckon

Unread 04-07-2020, 05:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Out for the season
Ffs. He’s looking Bailly & Jones-esque injury wise

Unread 04-07-2020, 05:42 PM
armchair

We need to sign koubalooptheloop asap,

Unread 04-07-2020, 08:27 PM
utd99

Bailly is never more than ten seconds away from an implosion. He’ll own a top striker one game then get run ragged by a Glenn Murray type the next. Not good enough.

Unread 04-07-2020, 08:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We need to sign koubalooptheloop asap,
Chelsea or City for him I reckon.

Let them argue the toss and we’ll go and buy Upamecano

Unread 05-07-2020, 06:13 AM
Stickman

On their days Bailly is a lot better for me.

We still need a centre back over both though.

Unread 05-07-2020, 08:16 AM
dragflick

Shame Axel is injured, as think he’d be in the side. Shame we won’t get to to see him this season though. He may be the reason they don’t go big on a new CB in the summer if they rate him highly.

Unread 05-07-2020, 06:18 PM
red in cumbria

I mean, if only AT could be relied upon from an injury point of view

Unread 06-07-2020, 07:40 AM
Red Santos

neither

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:23 AM
Whip Hubley

I don't trust a single one of our centre backs, or the goalkeeper for that matter. Our defensive record is a minor miracle.

Keep maguire, tuanzers and lindelof and ship the rest out. 2 new (1 worldy 1 young'un) in.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:03 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I don't trust a single one of our centre backs, or the goalkeeper for that matter. Our defensive record is a minor miracle.

Keep maguire, tuanzers and lindelof and ship the rest out. 2 new (1 worldy 1 young'un) in.
This.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Red Santos

Tuanzebe makes Lindelof look like Nemanja Vidic in the air.

Unread 06-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Baron

Linders is a @#%&! but a decent footballer, Bailly is nails but absolutely bugger all going on upstairs, the amount of times he goes to ground in the middle of the pitch is terrifying. Not in an AWB way where he's tackling the ball & the man into touch, just physically sliding into challenges everywhere. Reeks of a player not able to read the game - as mentioned before he's a very late starter & would require absolutely shitloads of top level coaching to mature into a quality player. If he could get a loan to a decent side where he'd be first choice for a whole season I would expect to see big strides. His injury record is getting worse every season as well, not better. Out for 100 days in 2018, 154 days in 2019

Flog him immediately. Along with Jones the absolute lummox. & Rojo... I mean, how do we have so much mediocrity there for the outlay?

Selling those 3 to fund a single, top quality replacement should be the second most important business we do behind getting Sancho this summer.

Unread 06-07-2020, 02:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Flog him immediately. Along with Jones the absolute lummox. & Rojo... I mean, how do we have so much mediocrity there for the outlay?

Selling those 3 to fund a single, top quality replacement should be the second most important business we do behind getting Sancho this summer.
And Smalling. Bailly, Jones, Rojo and Smalling. 4 CB’s ffs. We must be able to generate enough funds to buy Upamecano with those 4.

Unread 06-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Linders is a @#%&! but a decent footballer, Bailly is nails but absolutely bugger all going on upstairs, the amount of times he goes to ground in the middle of the pitch is terrifying. Not in an AWB way where he's tackling the ball & the man into touch, just physically sliding into challenges everywhere. Reeks of a player not able to read the game - as mentioned before he's a very late starter & would require absolutely shitloads of top level coaching to mature into a quality player. If he could get a loan to a decent side where he'd be first choice for a whole season I would expect to see big strides. His injury record is getting worse every season as well, not better. Out for 100 days in 2018, 154 days in 2019

Hard to disagree with any of that.

I like Bailly. It's just hard to see him turning into what we need, if we're being brutally honest.

Unread 22-09-2020, 09:14 PM
armchair

btw.

Unread 22-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Bailly.

Better partner for Maguire.

Had it with Lindelof.
Closed Thread