United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, that's because watching United was tbf.

You had personally given up even before the absolute nadir that was Burnley at home - and yes, so had I. No harm in admitting that now, the turnaround since then has been simply
Given up on what? I was the biggest proponent of giving Solskjaer time. Those arguments were exhausting.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Given up on what? I was the biggest proponent of giving Solskjaer time. Those arguments were exhausting.
Aye, alright pal. Literally just a couple from this thread....

Quote:
We’re in denial mate. I don’t want it to be true either; it just is.

There’s literally no doubt that if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was Lars Larsikssen with exactly the same background he wouldn’t have a single supporter right now. Especially if that £#%&!ing idiot Lars kept picking Pereira in central midfield.
Quote:
All we need is some hope; something to show us he’s the right guy and that we’re on the right path. Can you watch the way we’re preforming and say you have hope? I don’t.

I’ll never call for his head, but I’m no longer going to argue against those who are, because I’m not sure they’re wrong tbh. He needs to show us something now. Managers also have to manage now as well as the theoretical future.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

And as I said, absolutely nothing wrong with having those opinions at the time. It was what most, if not all, of the objective evidence pointed to.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
that just doesn't sit right with me... how the £#%&! have they managed that?
They done ok. That's about it. They've not had an outstanding season, they'd just done well. That's about all you needed to do to get into this top 3 this season.

Arsenal, who've had an absolute disaster of a season are still in with a shot of champions league football despite winning just TWELVE £#%&!ing games.

That's how low the quality of the rest of the league has sunk and why Liverpool are a million points clear.

Unread 06-07-2020, 06:19 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

although it's possible that you've misread them quotes.

Unread 06-07-2020, 08:10 AM
Hyman_Roth

For me, it will be hugely disappointing not to get in the top 4 from this point. I’d also love us to win the FA cup but not doing so wouldn’t be a killer blow.

The main issues I felt we had with the club are all being addressed - the squad’s improving, the weaknesses are being addressed, we have a clear direction, a manager who understands what it all means and it’s actually enjoyable to watch for what feels like the first time in ages.

We still have shortcomings in the squad to deal with, I still would prefer a DOF within the club to assist if not lead on player recruitment and the owners are still @#%&!s.

Next season is hugely important for Ole - he needs to get the club within touching distance of a trophy and cement ourselves in the top 4. We could be a title challenger although it feels more realistic to get 3rd. We should finish no lower than that though.

In short, our ambition and expectations should increase each season and if we continue like this, the season after next could/should be important.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:31 AM
utd99

Quote:
Well there are try hard @#%&!s with an agenda, like you, and then there are those that know. I never said he was guaranteed to succeed, nor that I knew for sure he was the right man, only that he deserved the time to see. There are plenty on here who were arguing with the likes of Lawless, Koppas and Sparky who’ll confirm.

Now £#%&! off, worm.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Well there are try hard @#%&!s with an agenda, like you, and then there are those that know. I never said he was guaranteed to succeed, nor that I knew for sure he was the right man, only that he deserved the time to see. There are plenty on here who were arguing with the likes of Lawless, Koppas and Sparky who’ll confirm.

Now £#%&! off, worm.
Well you’ve taken that with plenty of dignity, Billy Bullshitter.

“I was the biggest proponent of giving Solskjaer time”

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:44 AM
utd99

Quote:
Well you’ve taken that with plenty of dignity, Billy Bullshitter.

“I was the biggest proponent of giving Solskjaer time”
Ahhhh, I’ve just realised why you don’t have the %@#$&!s to give an opinion on an opinion forum. God forbid someone trawls them and posts out of context, eh? £#%&!ing hell, what a genuine creep you are...

Never mind, I’m sure Bunker Buster has some opinions teed up and ready for you to hide behind.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Switching Off

We should be ahead of Leicester by the time we go there. If we dont get 4th from here I'll be furious. Furious I say!

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Ahhhh, I’ve just realised why you don’t have the %@#$&!s to give an opinion on an opinion forum. God forbid someone trawls them and posts out of context, eh? £#%&!ing hell, what a genuine creep you are...

Never mind, I’m sure Bunker Buster has some opinions teed up and ready for you to hide behind.
I don’t give any opinions on here?! Ok mate

I will happily admit I’ve been wrong about loads of stuff on here ffs, it’s a forum, literally doesn’t matter.

Just find it bizarre that you would claim to have always been Ole’s biggest fan, when in the very same thread there is pages of you bitching about him

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
I don’t give any opinions on here?! Ok mate

I will happily admit I’ve been wrong about loads of stuff on here ffs, it’s a forum, literally doesn’t matter.

Just find it bizarre that you would claim to have always been Ole’s biggest fan, when in the very same thread there is pages of you bitching about him
Ok, whatever... the thread is there for anyone who cares to read it in context. I know your game. creep.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:04 PM
armchair

I think I cracked at one stage and said we should get poch in asap and make ole dof.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:09 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think I cracked at one stage and said we should get poch in asap and make ole dof.
I was convinced it was going that way. I thought Ole had made exactly the right kind of signings but I genuinely believed that our poor run of form was going to result in Ed shifting him - I still think he was only a few games away from getting sacked.

I’m really glad it’s panned out the way it has - Poch is a good manager but Ole has us playing like United again, and I don’t think Poch could have done that.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Wasn't necessarily a bad idea at all, at the time, but it's looking like the right move not to have done so now.

No point going on about who wanted him out and when imho. We should all get behind him and hope he gets to sign all his targets this summer.

Viva Ole.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Really odd behaviour..

Have a great day.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Really odd behaviour..

Have a great day.
Point proven.

I believe my work here is done.

Quote:
I remember that. To which i would add that, as supporters, we have no choice but to inhabit two worlds; one in which you project progress and the future and the other in which you have to live that future on a game by game basis. When the now is bad it becomes a confusing dichotomy.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

Utd99’ers is a 100% pro-Ole og’er in my view - think we can forgive a few wobbly posts after bad games when emotions run high.

Not fair to say Ethers doesn’t provide opinions though. Pretty straight forward approach to that kind of things imv.

Re Ole, The position for me was that we didn’t know if he’d work out or not - but sacking him this season would be making a decision too soon before being able to tell properly.

Truthfully, we still don’t know if he’ll deliver what he should as a united manager. But he’s giving me more confidence than any of the previous 3 have.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I definitely wobbled after one particularly bad result, can’t remember which game. But I saw my arse big time.

Unread 06-07-2020, 01:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I definitely wobbled after one particularly bad result, can’t remember which game. But I saw my arse big time.
Remember when we used to be able to pinpoint our bad results every season.

£#%&!ing hell, there's so many now you don't even know where to start .

I think it was this christmas and new year period which broke a lot of people.
Closed Thread