United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-07-2020, 06:03 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Can't see switchers coming back from this.
Just delighted to see young homegrown lads pushing weight

Unread 04-07-2020, 06:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Most embarrassing striker I’ve ever seen at OT. I honestly think Peter Davenport is the only one I can think of that got anywhere close to being as bad as lukaku. Utter dog shit.

Unread 04-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Drexl

Just got a rush of endorphins when i saw this thread and realised we no longer have lukaku

Unread 04-07-2020, 06:57 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Martial and Rashford 20 goals each? they’ll barely get 20 between them ffs
Sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
rashford is shit as will proven this season. will finish the season out the side.
Sage.

Unread 04-07-2020, 07:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Martial and Rashers will bag 20 each.

Unread 04-07-2020, 07:16 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Sage.

Sage.
Yeah you’ve never got £#%&! all wrong

Both have been excellent this season 👍🏻 Martial’s goal today was £#%&!ing mega

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:26 AM
Switching Off

Never been so delighted to be wrong. Mason looks like he might be a legit top ranker.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:33 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

The issue was never really what we lost with Lukaku, it was more that we were shit when he was here. We don't need one player to score 30 while the team scores 60. We needed an actual way of playing that created more chances. We didn't need to replace his goals, just simply get better. And we have.

Bruno will be hitting 15-20 in a full season too.

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Stickman

Lukaku is such a funny one.

How on earth does such a crass footballer get so many goals?

Unread 05-07-2020, 11:59 AM
jem

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
martial and rashford could easily score 20 goals each if we had a midfield and a plan of attack.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Lukaku is such a funny one.

How on earth does such a crass footballer get so many goals?
Scores against teams he can bully. I don’t think he has any business at a top team.

Unread 05-07-2020, 12:41 PM
utd99

I think we’ll look back in a few years and appreciate just how brave Ole was. In a world where most managers make short term decisions to protect their jobs, what he did - especially in light of this being his dream opportunity - took real balls.

When we win the league under Solskjaer, it will be so much sweeter than it ever would have been under some well travelled rent-a-boss.

Unread 05-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think we’ll look back in a few years and appreciate just how brave Ole was. In a world where most managers make short term decisions to protect their jobs, what he did - especially in light of this being his dream opportunity - took real balls.

When we win the league under Solskjaer, it will be so much sweeter than it ever would have been under some well travelled rent-a-boss.
100%.

He was happy to ditch a £80m striker and leave himself short just to play a certain way.

Ballsy.

Unread 05-07-2020, 01:31 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Scores against teams he can bully. I don’t think he has any business at a top team.
That’s a hell of a lot of teams when you look at his career stats.

Unread 05-07-2020, 01:42 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That’s a hell of a lot of teams when you look at his career stats.
Did he make any impact on any of our big games when he was here?

Unread 05-07-2020, 01:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Did he make any impact on any of our big games when he was here?
PSG away

About it really. He was always woeful in the derbies.

Unread 05-07-2020, 02:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
PSG away

About it really. He was always woeful in the derbies.
Seem to recall him scoring and making one v Chelsea?

Unread 05-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Lukaku is a good goal scorer. His record is very good wherever he's been. This is why he'll always be in demand, why we could command a big fee for him and why he was never going to play second fiddle to anyone else.

He just didnt fit in with anything Ole does. That's even more apparent now. He was 100% a Jose type signing.

Nothing against the fella. Good luck to him, but not our player and we were always right to sell him. A good goal record doesn't disguise that.

Unread 05-07-2020, 05:41 PM
NedKelly

Wasn’t there a couple of seasons where about half of his goals were scored against 4/5 teams (he’d get 2 or 3 against them each time and pad his stats out)? Not disputing that he’ll get goals, I just don’t think he’s the kind of striker that any of the top teams in Europe would entertain.
Closed Thread