Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Qatari Ownership?
Yay 51 42.86%
Nay 68 57.14%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:47 PM
shenwen

Glass half full - city’s projection of total PL dominance will be well and truly £#%&!ed, even without the current investigations and punishments

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:49 PM
Sparky***

Glad if the glazers and debt £#%&! off.

Worried that they’ll turn us into a PSG style, low-rent galáctico project like we saw in Woodward’s reign of terror.

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:49 PM
53RedRum

The emir just sent 10000 mobile homes to Turkey for the earthquake victims. Not sure how many the glazers have sent.

I think we'll be okay with these fellas.

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:55 PM
tatty

We would have our pick of players instead of being left scrambling for whatever City and Newcastle don’t want.

Or indeed Liverpool if the the Qatari’s went there.

It isn’t great but this really is a pivotal moment for the club and we could be looking at many years of struggling at getting 4th place against Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs etc if this doesn’t go through.

And there’s nothing wrong with being ok with that but it isn’t for me.

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:14 PM
The taste of...

Difficult….. where’s the joy in being a Harlem Globetrotting outfit buying pots that ETH may turn his back on. Hopefully as has been said the debt is cleared, stadium renovated and only the club turnover funds players to put us back in line with Fergie’s team building accomplishments.

Any bastard journos might get invited to the Embassy too.

As difficult as it is though, the fact they may buy the vermin if not makes
me vomit.

Reluctantly in

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Worried that they’ll turn us into a PSG style, low-rent galáctico project like we saw in Woodward’s reign of terror.
Exactly. Doesn't matter who the owners are if they appoint a complete £#%&!wit to run the club.

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Call me naive but I genuinely don't think this would happen. The foundations are there. There is no need for a Gary Cook or the Terrahawk at Newcastle.

Unread 15-02-2023, 03:06 PM
Vedder

Whoever takes over, it’s means £#%&! all unless the right people are put into the footballing positions within the club. We’ve matched City in the transfer window but it’s been pissed up the wall by absolute clowns.

Unread 15-02-2023, 03:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Call me naive but I genuinely don't think this would happen. The foundations are there. There is no need for a Gary Cook or the Terrahawk at Newcastle.
The reason City have been so successful is because they just literally copied Barcelona. Got all their best football people in. Then the owners just worried about getting them what they needed to succeed.

I can see these idiots making someone like Beckham director of football or something

Unread 15-02-2023, 03:25 PM
believe

Quote:
The reason City have been so successful is because they just literally copied Barcelona. Got all their best football people in. Then the owners just worried about getting them what they needed to succeed.

I can see these idiots making someone like Beckham director of football or something

Unread 15-02-2023, 03:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Surprised by the poll results tbh....

Unread 15-02-2023, 04:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Maybe steal the rest of Ajax?

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Yay purely on the basis that it isn’t the Glazer scum. Or some other £#%&!ing cabal of Yankee investors

It’s not perfect but then nothing is, particularly where football is concerned. But if they were to stay hands off, let the club run itself with the right people in place and using the finances the club generates itself then that’s probably as good as you could realistically hope to get.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Yay purely on the basis that it isn’t the Glazer scum. Or some other £#%&!ing cabal of Yankee investors

It’s not perfect but then nothing is, particularly where football is concerned. But if they were to stay hands off, let the club run itself with the right people in place and using the finances the club generates itself then that’s probably as good as you could realistically hope to get.
.....and you think they will ? A shiny new purchase like Man United ...

We'll be £#%&!ing aired all over tick tock, winter tours, new branding, a maroon Qatar flag themed third strip like Newcastle Saudi kit....

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:53 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

We'll be £#%&!ing aired all over tick tock, winter tours, new branding, a maroon Qatar flag themed third strip like Newcastle Saudi kit....
I don’t know what their intentions would be, that’s the point.

All I know is I’ve had my fill of the club being pillaged by those Florida £#%&!ers, and it’s not like they haven’t been shy in pimping out the right to plaster “Manchester United” all over the products of anyone who will pay them enough money to do so.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Tik tok players imposed on a manager…who ends up managing a shit show like PSG.

A never ending cycle of cup matches against Newcastle and city.

Unread 15-02-2023, 09:17 PM
Finport Red

It’s almost like this season under ETH has acted as a memory eraser for the last 8 or 9 years.

We are already @#%&!d around the planet, have bought a myriad of players who wouldn’t even get looked at on tick tock, and been managed by managers who’ve made PSG look like a well managed club.

If a maroon third kit and being involved in cup finals is the price we have to pay to get rid of the glazers, sign me up.

Unread 15-02-2023, 09:20 PM
silv

i’m sorry but we need to piss all over city so it’s a yes from me

Unread 16-02-2023, 07:16 AM
westcoastvan

Yes.

I just want to see Manchester United winning again. The last ten years have been rough.

I don't want Qatar buying Liverpool. Can you imagine that, Man City; UAE, Newcastle; The Saudi's, Liverpool Qatar, Manchester United.....SIr Jim Ratcliffe.

That's pretty much game over,

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the big London clubs get bought up by huge money as well.

Unread 16-02-2023, 07:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Yes.

I just want to see Manchester United winning again. The last ten years have been rough.

I don't want Qatar buying Liverpool. Can you imagine that, Man City; UAE, Newcastle; The Saudi's, Liverpool Qatar, Manchester United.....SIr Jim Ratcliffe.

That's pretty much game over,

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the big London clubs get bought up by huge money as well.
Really? Are they going to keep creating super rich Middle East countries?
Closed Thread