Club
League
Position

S A G E

Unread 20-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not sure comparing stats of Brooks and lads who play for Ajax in a terrible league is the fairest comparison tbf.
More a comparison of what £40m gets you in the market. You tell me if you'd rather either of the Ajax lads that have gone / are available for that money or Brooks?

Unread 20-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
More a comparison of what £40m gets you in the market. You tell me if you'd rather either of the Ajax lads that have gone / are available for that money or Brooks?
I wouldn't be surprised if Ziyech bombed massively and VDB doesn't even play the same position.

There are plenty of players with good stats from Holland who have been abject failures over here. The price for Brooks would be for his age and that he has done it in the PL.

Unread 20-08-2020, 02:17 PM
bosskeano

i'd rather have Ziyech than Brooks....there is little to no chance Ziyech bombs out in the premier league unless Fat Frank screws it up

Unread 20-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
i'd rather have Ziyech than Brooks....there is little to no chance Ziyech bombs out in the premier league unless Fat Frank screws it up
Well chances are we'll get neither.

Unread 20-08-2020, 02:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well chances are we'll get neither.
Bearing in mind ziyech has joined chelsea, I'd say it's definite...

Unread 20-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Jethro

Here we go ffs

Unread 20-08-2020, 03:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Brooks, 23, has been under consideration by United for upwards of a year after impressing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in Bournemouth's 4-1 defeat at United in December 2018, but was deemed too expensive last summer as Bournemouth valued him at £50million. United eventually bought Daniel James from Swansea for £15m.

Has a face you wanna slap.

Unread 20-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Jethro

Strengthening the squad. What a @#%&!s game

Unread 20-08-2020, 05:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Context is everything with this one.

If he's to take the place of Lingard, Mata, Pereira and we can recoup some money on a couple of them, then great.

If he's our only signing and Sancho B plan then we're £#%&!ed.

Unread 20-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

If he's to take the place of Lingard, Mata, Pereira and we can recoup some money on a couple of them, then great.

If anything he's a plan b to Grealish

Unread 20-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Why, where are they going?

Unread 20-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Why, where are they going?
I dunno mate, but I suspect lingard and Pereira will be off. When I say 'take the place', I mean more their role in the squad.

If sevilla and the lack of subs up to 80 mins showed, it's that he doesn't trust his fringe players.

Unread 20-08-2020, 06:34 PM
bosskeano

Periera is definitely gonna go and hopefully Lingard....I certainly don't think Brooks is the answer to adding squad depth not even remotely close based on the price tag

Unread 20-08-2020, 06:37 PM
AK14

I think he’s a good player and will definitely add strength in depth

He looks a technically very good player when ever I’ve seen him.

Fingers crossed it gets done.

Unread 20-08-2020, 08:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Can't see why everyone is complaining tbh, this is the kind of signing we'd be whinging about not making someone that isn't a headline name and can clearly play with plenty of scope for improvement and years left. Looks a good bet to me. Only question is his recent injury imo.

Unread 20-08-2020, 09:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Where does he play? Tell me he's a deep lying playmaker.

Unread 20-08-2020, 09:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can't see why everyone is complaining tbh, this is the kind of signing we'd be whinging about not making someone that isn't a headline name and can clearly play with plenty of scope for improvement and years left. Looks a good bet to me. Only question is his recent injury imo.
Yep the injury is a slight worry tbh

40m is steep (if true) but i reckon that’ll be bonus related and stretched over a long time considering his age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Where does he play? Tell me he's a deep lying playmaker.
Central/Right side attacking midfield

We desperately need a DM this window

Unread 20-08-2020, 09:58 PM
woody78

Always been impressed with him when I've seen him play.
Would be a good addition

Unread 21-08-2020, 08:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could seek the opinion of former team-mate and Wales boss Ryan Giggs, who is known to be an admirer of Brooks.

Solskjaer spoke with Giggs before signing Welsh international Dan James from Swansea last summer.
After lumping us with James, I wouldn't listen to a word Giggs says ever again...

Closed Thread