United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
borsuk

Default what i find interesting

is how weak maureen is mentally. this is the first time he's had to face any kind of pressure at all - they've walked the league in previous years and gone out to decent teams after tight games in the cl. this is the first time he's been under pressure and he's completely unable to take it. even keegan kept it together better than this.

from the point of view of management - of working with a team of people - some of his comments have been astonishing. publicly criticising individuals in the way he did? suggesting that the most expensive squad in football history can't cope with a few injuries? stating that 'we can't defend' for all and sundry to hear (what better encouragement for your opponents?) and suggesting that some players are so bad that they do nothing for the team?

it's not just that he's a @#%&! - he is, obviously - but that he has shown in the last few weeks a complete inability to cope with pressure and an almost parodic tendency to blame anyone and anything for his own errors and inadequacies. he's imploding step by step. it's great to watch.

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

I hope that's the sound of you logging off for good Mcgrath,......you LOSER

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Jack Duckworth

a sun story is hardly conclusive proof, is it?

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

thanks for your input ...but read the bet he offered me and you will see he's a LOSER and he now has to resign from this forum

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
thanks for your input ...but read the bet he offered me and you will see he's a LOSER and he now has to resign from this forum
no need for the just because i don't agree with you.

i am going to have a kfc tonight just to spite you, you rotter.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

swine I'm starving and no fast food on the horizon

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
is how weak maureen is mentally. this is the first time he's had to face any kind of pressure at all - they've walked the league in previous years and gone out to decent teams after tight games in the cl. this is the first time he's been under pressure and he's completely unable to take it. even keegan kept it together better than this.

from the point of view of management - of working with a team of people - some of his comments have been astonishing. publicly criticising individuals in the way he did? suggesting that the most expensive squad in football history can't cope with a few injuries? stating that 'we can't defend' for all and sundry to hear (what better encouragement for your opponents?) and suggesting that some players are so bad that they do nothing for the team?

it's not just that he's a @#%&! - he is, obviously - but that he has shown in the last few weeks a complete inability to cope with pressure and an almost parodic tendency to blame anyone and anything for his own errors and inadequacies. he's imploding step by step. it's great to watch.
Seems that way. I don't think it's strange for him to criticise players for not trying, or to say that guys like Shevchenko or Ballack are not at their best - as he knows that they are experienced enough and have done enough in their careers to respond and turn things around.

What i found suprising is the way he has both indirectly and directly slagged off the likes of Hilario, Kalou and Geremi - guys who maybe need a confidence boost and could completely fall apart under that kind of pressure.

Had it not been for late wonder goals from essien, drogba and robben to get him out of the shit - they'd be miles behind us now.
Closed Thread