United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:58 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

If buy a finished article defender and loan blacket somewhere he will play.

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
tbf to Blackett I'm not sure what he's done that marks him out as a back up that is any worse than McNair's pass straight to Arsenal about 2 yards outside our box Yesterday. and that isn't slagging McNair off either, kids make mistakes. but then I've never really seen Smalling do much that wrong outside the City game either, think our desperate need for a centre half is slightly overplayed tbh.
Disagree. I don't think half the side has confidence in the defence and the fans certainly don't. Can have quite a negative impact.

Would obviously help if some of those considered first choice weren't permanent crocks..

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:00 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
tbf to Blackett I'm not sure what he's done that marks him out as a back up that is any worse than McNair's pass straight to Arsenal about 2 yards outside our box Yesterday. and that isn't slagging McNair off either, kids make mistakes. but then I've never really seen Smalling do much that wrong outside the City game either, think our desperate need for a centre half is slightly overplayed tbh.

Agree to an extent skill wise. I think it's the commanding presence we are missing. Kompany or terry type. Vidic at 28 would do nicely .

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
That will be the best way forward but top CB,s are like rocking horse s**t

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Agreed.

I still think Jones will make it. He needs some proper coaching though, and to learn how to defend behind a midfield. A hell of a lot of his mistakes came when he was having to step in to midfield positions to put players under or being forced wide by Evra cutting inside when he was getting back.

I'd fine him 10 grand every time he needlessly went to ground tbh.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:29 PM
taff

mcnair putting wilshere out of the game too

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
mcnair putting wilshere out of the game too
Bet the little @#%&! is sorry he didn't get sent off.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Bet the little @#%&! is sorry he didn't get sent off.
The slow-mo of his ankle in that tackle

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:41 PM
saffers

Blackett hatred is odd, who didnt have brainfarts in that heavily ref influenced game at leicester.

As for mcnairsy, 4 starts, 4 wins.

We need to bin evans and smalling due to their injury situations with one big dog of a centre half. The kids have earnt their place in the squad now.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The slow-mo of his ankle in that tackle

Thought Ox-Chamb left a bit of snidey one in on Shaw tbh.

Hyperextended to £#%&!.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Blackett hatred is odd, who didnt have brainfarts in that heavily ref influenced game at leicester.

As for mcnairsy, 4 starts, 4 wins.

We need to bin evans and smalling due to their injury situations with one big dog of a centre half. The kids have earnt their place in the squad now.
Smalling is a weird one, I am writing him off one game and commending him the next at the moment. However if that continues with shockers still being in the mix move him on.

Evans has got to be worth £10 mill to Sunderland et al so can see him going as another is brought in.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:50 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Smalling is a weird one, I am writing him off one game and commending him the next at the moment. However if that continues with shockers still being in the mix move him on.

Evans has got to be worth £10 mill to Sunderland et al so can see him going as another is brought in.
If he wasnt injury prone id persist with smallers, getting too late for him now though.

Reason why we end up with 4 or 5 defenders out at the same time every year is due to peeps like smalling evans, rafa and joneseh who are constantly injured. Time to ease the passenger load.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:59 PM
teflon_terry

Mcnair is very composed isn't he? Blackett has some good qualities but his distribution is woeful.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:05 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep, big plus. Finishing the game with Wilson on the pitch aswell as those two
That identity stinks

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:07 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
That identity stinks

Remind my hungover head, what £#%&!ing mooncat was it that said we'd lost our identity?

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:18 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Remind my hungover head, what £#%&!ing mooncat was it that said we'd lost our identity?
Mike Phelan?

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:23 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Mcnair is very composed isn't he? Blackett has some good qualities but his distribution is woeful.
They are both cool customers - neither flap. McNair“s temperament reminds me of Martin Buchan - never saw him ruffled in all his time at OT.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:27 PM
jem

blackett has everything in terms of pace and strength - way ahead of mcnair on both. mcnair is good on the ball, but too ambitious - at 0-0, he played a ball from the half-way line and bombed into the box hoping for a 1-2.

both performed well when called on out of desperation, but smalling was the boss yesterday. really stepped up for van gaal. kept welbeck offside so he had to come back all game. with a solid partner and 4-4-2, smalling is the best we have. better than jones.

smalling's distribution is awful, though.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Crumps

Had completely forgot Rojo plays for us.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
peeps like smalling evans, rafa and joneseh who are constantly injured.
they're a £#%&!ing nightmare.
Drives me up the £#%&!ing wall, especially Jones & Rafael who should be fixtures in the first 11.
They're always out for weeks & weeks at a time as well
Closed Thread