United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2019, 05:50 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
For the 8th season in a row.

The internet has shown the world what we've always known.

I'm not joking either, i think that is the actual reason...just exposure to them and what they're like.

They were knackered tonight and we can go at a much higher intensity. We can definitely rattle these.

hmm, so a week until the return leg...Barca have no game until then, LFC have to win away at Newcastle to stay in the title race 72 hours before the second leg.......and Barca are going to be the tired ones. Oh & they have a 3nil lead & just need to score an away goal to cause LFC needing to score 5.

Sparky's in.

Unread 02-05-2019, 06:17 PM
ScarFace

Unread 02-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Switching Off

No petition for this slap?

Unread 02-05-2019, 06:22 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 02-05-2019, 06:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Exactly this.

When I was at school people hated Liverpool for the same reason they hated Utd over the past two decades, because they won most years and with that comes bitterness.

Liverpool's more modern hatred comes from the rest of the UK catching on to how they portray themselves, how they think they're unique and special and, of course, the poems. When you're lot chant 'murderers' at them, they know, we know, everyone knows it's about Hysel. But they pretend like it's about Hillsborough.

The fetishising of managers and players. Rafa, Torres, Andy Carroll. They have a hero/saviour complex that only Newcastle can compete with. And if Newcastle had had .01% of the success that Liverpool have had, they'd be in the same boat. It's just that most people can safely ignore Newcastle, but they've got the same sort of thing going on.

Ever met someone from Newcastle who doesn't do this:

"Shall we get fish and chips?"

"Fish and chips, don't talk to me about fish and chips. You need to come to Newcastle pal. Best fish and chips in the world....." repeat, ad infinitum, on EVERY topic.

It's nauseating.
Duaners on the mark as per.

It’s an inferiority complex mixed with embarrassment sprinkled with rank stupidity.

The scousers come from a poor marginalised city which was once special but is now routinely ignored. They go onto fabricate this ‘specialness’ as a means of compensation for being so un-special and ignored. When you dive deeper into it all, their specialness pretty much boils down to having a hideous accent. My experience at uni was that you could hear a scouser miles before you could see the person. They are determined not to be ignored but have no justification for being the centre of attention. It’s a bad mix.

That’s my issue with oasis and the professional manc culture that grew out of all that - you don’t need to make a #@&%! out of yourselves just to grab attention. Simply do something that’s deserving of it.

So we do have some of this shit but nothing on the scale of the scousers or the geordies.

Unread 02-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

Unread 02-05-2019, 07:33 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"the gospel of King Kenny"
“Yer f-f-£#%&!in’ wee bashtard...naebody £#%&!sh wi’ Kenny Dalglish. Passh me another f-f-£#%&!in’ drink...”

*breaks down sobbing*

Unread 02-05-2019, 08:28 PM
utd99

“Yer ahhter arrrder blamin’ Luiiiiizzz”

Dalglish’s interviews were a window into his angry dark soul. “I’ll leave if I want...”

Unread 02-05-2019, 08:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
"Fish and chips, don't talk to me about fish and chips. You need to come to Newcastle pal. Best fish and chips in the world....." repeat, ad infinitum, on EVERY topic.
phwoar.... she's cute.

you need to come to newcastle, pal. best fish and chips in the world.

but I like girls.

Unread 03-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Duaners on the mark as per.

It’s an inferiority complex mixed with embarrassment sprinkled with rank stupidity.

The scousers come from a poor marginalised city which was once special but is now routinely ignored. They go onto fabricate this ‘specialness’ as a means of compensation for being so un-special and ignored. When you dive deeper into it all, their specialness pretty much boils down to having a contrivedhideous accent. My experience at uni was that you could hear a scouser miles before you could see the person. They are determined not to be ignored but have no justification for being the centre of attention. It’s a bad mix.

That’s my issue with oasis and the professional manc culture that grew out of all that - you don’t need to make a #@&%! out of yourselves just to grab attention. Simply do something that’s deserving of it.

So we do have some of this shit but nothing on the scale of the scousers or the geordies.
Absoluteness.

They had their heyday in the 60s with the so-called “Merseysound” + Jimmy £#%&!ing Tarbuck.

The nation, to a degree, was charmed by something that wasn’t from London. Trouble is, the fad ended. They couldn’t cope, so they tried everything they could to get noticed. Always said “furr” and “curr” for hair and care until the accent police took over to banish the Lancs influence (“woollyback” ffs) as well as what started as a copy of double “t” from N Wales to choking in an effort to be Irish or Scottish (nor sure which)

Some of the celebs, back in the day were from areas like Scotland Rd and Bootle, Dingle etc and spoke relatively normal, then suddenly, we’re in the mid-seventies and all these £#%&!ing mongs from Huyton and St Helens are coughing up phlegm in an effort to be skaus.

Knew a couple of lads from Liverpool at college as an apprentice, when we were piss poor, (early mid 70s) and as good as they were back then, were obsessed with the attention United got in the media. Largely critical attention, as this was leading up to relegation but they couldn’t handle us getting comparative gates as them and some press attention, albeit negative.

G2c the dicks getting exposed for what they are.

Unread 03-05-2019, 11:17 AM
utd99

Its the clearest example I’ve ever seen of how a single mental disorder can spread to cover an entire region.

Unread 03-05-2019, 11:36 AM
Switching Off

Unread 03-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Why does every £#%&!ing city fan on twitter have to put where they sit

"Block 491 row 14 seat 9 ticket holder since 1831"

Unread 03-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Probably in the vain hope he'll attract children judging from his profile pic.

Unread 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

so yewtree can locate them easily

Unread 03-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Good god

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ae-tom-jenkins

Unread 03-05-2019, 06:04 PM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Couldnt make it past the first paragraph

Thanks

Unread 03-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Cream

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48150125

Man like Klopp.

Hendo is a champions league finalist.

Unread 03-05-2019, 06:21 PM
ScarFace

KLOPP is facing failing to deliver on a promise he gave to win trophies on the day he was named Liverpool manager 4 years ago.

He predicted: "Please give us time to do the work but when I sit here in four years I think we have one title.

"If not maybe i'll win the next one in the Swiss league."

Unread 03-05-2019, 06:25 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
£#%&!in hell they were celebrating a stunning free kick not the Barca win.
Closed Thread