United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2020, 07:39 PM
AK14

Left it a bit late to start acting up by the sounds of it.

Can’t see Dortmund backing down now, they’d look even more ridiculous than normal.

Unread 02-10-2020, 07:48 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Left it a bit late to start acting up by the sounds of it.

Can’t see Dortmund backing down now, they’d look even more ridiculous than normal.
Depends how much they need the cash...

Unread 02-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
But when it isn’t actual flames but hysterical children.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
100% agreed....so just put in a transfer request instead of not just showing up for training as reported. Now, we don't know if him missing was to be expected or not as there was no mention of that in the report.

I'm sure he is quite frustrated that nothing has happened because he's in limbo and that can't be a good feeling especially if he wants the move
I think Dortmund’s stance has probably always been about forcing a transfer request. We’ll see how much Sancho actually wants the move.

Unread 02-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I think Dortmund’s stance has probably always been about forcing a transfer request. We’ll see how much Sancho actually wants the move.
Eh?

Dortmund’s stance has been about the most black-and-white I’ve seen from any selling club, ever.

Not only have they publicly stated they’re open to selling, but they’ve also named their asking price, publicly, and also named the date that they’d like the deal to be confirmed, publicly.

The failure of this deal, once again, lays at the door of Ed Woodward. He has faffed around all £#%&!ing summer trying to penny-pinch and maintain a pokerface, when Dortmund haven’t even been playing cards.

And once again, as seems to happen every £#%&!ing transfer window, United are embarrassed by this accountant, and our manager is left holding a shit sandwich to head into another season where we won’t be in a position to challenge for big titles. It’s just becoming exhausting now.

Unread 02-10-2020, 08:54 PM
dunk

Seems like United have made absolute @#%&!s of themselves tbh.

Large part of me hopes they arrogantly rock up with the €120m tomorrow expecting Dortmund to drop their trollies and Dortmund just £#%&! them off. United end up with £#%&! all and struggle like £#%&! all season, all because Woodward thought he could financially bully other clubs, the utter £#%&!ing cretin.

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:05 PM
AK14

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:06 PM
redhegemony

Why can't it land at Mere Golf Club?

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

They're spot on. It is nothing.

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Even surely Utd won't not do something in the next few days. It's a monumental £#%&! up of a summer if not, even by Utd/Woodward standards.

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seems like United have made absolute @#%&!s of themselves tbh.

Large part of me hopes they arrogantly rock up with the €120m tomorrow expecting Dortmund to drop their trollies and Dortmund just £#%&! them off. United end up with £#%&! all and struggle like £#%&! all season, all because Woodward thought he could financially bully other clubs, the utter £#%&!ing cretin.
and then we spend the money on koulibaly and a loan for jovic?

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and then we spend the money on koulibaly and a loan for jovic?

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Even surely Utd won't not do something in the next few days. It's a monumental £#%&! up of a summer if not, even by Utd/Woodward standards.

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

You know what I mean...couldn't be arsed changing it.

I'd imagine that's how Utd word their offers.

Unread 02-10-2020, 09:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Dortmund sporting director:

"...But everything there is to tell on this matter from our end has already been said.

"And that won't change over the next three days."

Gonna be one helluva climbdown.

Relaxed Reds

Unread 02-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They're more likely to do something daft out of desperation rather than sign sancho.

The spotlight is on the club because the state of the investment has been so utterly pathetic, that if they don't sign anyone it's going to be damaging to the club's image, something which woodward seems to care about in order to attract sponsors. They've been shown up by even small clubs in the league with the amount of money they've spent.

So i'm utterly prepared for more january style desperation like with Ighalo and that other bloke we were linked with form bournemouth for 25 million.

The club will be going into briefing overdrive in the next few days as well.

Unread 02-10-2020, 10:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're more likely to do something daft out of desperation rather than sign sancho.

The spotlight is on the club because the state of the investment has been so utterly pathetic, that if they don't sign anyone it's going to be damaging to the club's image, something which woodward seems to care about in order to attract sponsors. They've been shown up by even small clubs in the league with the amount of money they've spent.

So i'm utterly prepared for more january style desperation like with Ighalo and that other bloke we were linked with form bournemouth for 25 million.

Best briefers in the business

Unread 02-10-2020, 10:10 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Best briefers in the business

Unread 02-10-2020, 11:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

They’ll roll out the “search continues for a DoF” briefs before long.

Unread 02-10-2020, 11:29 PM
dunk

Ousmane Dembele and his injury record for £50m+ sounds like something daft...

Unread 03-10-2020, 11:06 AM
silv

We're obviously skint...

However, if we're offering it on dribs and drabs and going to 110M Euro, why not just go to their asking price of 120M? 2M a year ffs
Closed Thread