United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-04-2024, 04:57 PM
BarryX

Default Everyone's for sale...

...apart from three, according to the Telegraph. Only Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund are off limits apparently. Can't believe we'd get rid of Bruno or Martinez, though.

The article also claims that all players will be losing a 25% bonus on their salaries for failing to qualify for the CL. Should make getting rid of the deadwood a tad easier.

Interesting times.

Unread 29-04-2024, 04:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX View Post
...apart from three, according to the Telegraph. Only Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund are off limits apparently. Can't believe we'd get rid of Bruno or Martinez, though.

The article also claims that all players will be losing a 25% bonus on their salaries for failing to qualify for the CL. Should make getting rid of the deadwood a tad easier.

Interesting times.
No way they'd sell Bruno or Martinez imo but imagine doing a proper, proper shit @#%&! clearance?

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:02 PM
Chris Quayd

News to the ears of the rest of the footballing world, I imagine they'll be lining up all the way to the cricket club in order to get their hands on our players tbh

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
No way they'd sell Bruno or Martinez imo but imagine doing a proper, proper shit @#%&! clearance?

Good to see Paul Parker finally happy about something connected to United.

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Taibi

Delighted. They’re the only three I would keep anyway, the rest can go. Actions do speak louder than words though. I appreciate finding clubs daft enough to pay actual money for some of these cretins and these cretins being decent humans and moving on rather than sitting on massive contracts is going to be hard.

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:08 PM
NedKelly

Pleased for Marcus.

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Substantial bid for a player who hates football, runs into other players as a deliberate tactic and has as about as many goals as Harry Maguire this season: £12.3m

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:15 PM
Chorlton74

i'd be surprised if Martinez left. sure he's had a nightmare season, but he's been no doubt been run into the ground and brought back too soon each time he got injured.

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:16 PM
tatty

Unflushable.

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Literally about to post that

Must spread rep etc

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:28 PM
pedr0

but rashford was good last season so he's now immune from criticism.

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
but rashford was good last season so he's now immune from criticism.
We can't exactly say we want rid though can we?

The worst thing we could do financially, is to tell the truth and say "We're absolutely sick of this @#%&!. Please take him off our hands."

Hopefully it's that

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:33 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
so in other words he's for sale but we want top dollar for him if anyone's daft enough

Unread 29-04-2024, 05:34 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
i'd be surprised if Martinez left. sure he's had a nightmare season, but he's been no doubt been run into the ground and brought back too soon each time he got injured.
he's a crock unfortunately.

Unread 29-04-2024, 06:03 PM
AK14

As it should.

Love Bruno me but he’s 30 in September and we need to come away from holding onto players until they’re unshifftable. If a club is willing to pay ridiculous money for him let him go and start the rebuild.

If he’s still here by the time the new season starts then that’s cool too.

Unread 29-04-2024, 06:11 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
As it should.

Love Bruno me but he’s 30 in September and we need to come away from holding onto players until they’re unshifftable. If a club is willing to pay ridiculous money for him let him go and start the rebuild.

Paul scholes turned 30 in November 2004

Unread 29-04-2024, 06:20 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
so in other words he's for sale but we want top dollar for him if anyone's daft enough
Yeah only Saudi's & PSG would maybe meet his crazy wage demands and our daft valuation too

Unread 29-04-2024, 06:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
As it should.

So he’s 29