United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Clownbones

Is the asking price £#%&!ing going up here?

He's clearly unsettled. There has to be SOME wiggle room on what is already a crazy asking price.

I actually dont mind Maguire as a player (contrary to my posts on here, which are bigger than his stupid head...), but this is just ridiculous and the fee and interest he's generated over the last year just seems to have built this myth around him.

He's an average/good centre back, elevated to very good/potentially world class.

And I'd rather we signed a midfielder.

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Patty_b

£95mil?

£#%&! right off. There's a limit. £80mil was taking the utter piss as it was.

Walk away. Let him stay and bemoan that fact the his club are greedy @#%&!s.

I'd rather see Axel find his way in the Premier League for a season then get scalped by the £#%&!ing dipper elephant seal looking @#%&!.

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:41 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha only paid 39million for the whole £#%&!ing club
ffs

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
£95mil?

£#%&! right off. There's a limit. £80mil was taking the utter piss as it was.

Walk away. Let him stay and bemoan that fact the his club are greedy @#%&!s.

I'd rather see Axel find his way in the Premier League for a season then get scalped by the £#%&!ing dipper elephant seal looking @#%&!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha only paid 39million for the whole £#%&!ing club
It did kill him though, so swings and roundabouts.

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

95 (ninety five) million pounds

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Cream

That's once in a generation defender money.

Is Slab a once in a generation footballer?

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
That's once in a generation defender money.

Is Slab a once in a generation footballer?
De Ligt: £67m.

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
wow

buy jon stones for 50

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:05 AM
AK14

Sure glad the club didn’t give into Mourinho’s demands and pay 60m for him last summer.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You can bet your £#%&!ing life we're the only club knocking for £95m

Walk away FFS.
Probably Leicester playing to their fans.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Sure glad the club didn’t give into Mourinho’s demands and pay 60m for him last summer.
Still peddling that line give it a £#%&!ing rest.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:29 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://twitter.com/hirstclass/statu...10420509327360

95m we’re the only club desperate enough to pay that.
£#%&!ing hell are they taking the piss?

Drop all interest in that big pudding ffs, we need to throw money at midfield. From the start of the summer we should have been after Van Der Beek & Rueben Neves or similar players. A functional midfield with players who can tackle and pass the ball and control a game of football could go a long way to relieving a lot of our defensive problems for christ sake

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
£#%&!ing hell are they taking the piss?

Drop all interest in that big pudding ffs, we need to throw money at midfield. From the start of the summer we should have been after Van Der Beek & Rueben Neves or similar players. A functional midfield with players who can tackle and pass the ball and control a game of football could go a long way to relieving a lot of our defensive problems for christ sake
100% this.

I keep picturing teams running through Matic and Maguire as Fred gets distracted by a pigeon on the halfway line.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:32 AM
jem

all sages say midfield.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:43 AM
windy waffles

Not often I agree with bunks but give Axel a go ffs. £85m for this @#%&!. No chance.

If we pay it we are a laughing stock.

Apparently the £80m is on the table until Monday only.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Not often I agree with bunks but give Axel a go ffs. £85m for this @#%&!. No chance.

If we pay it we are a laughing stock.

Apparently the £80m is on the table until Monday only.
They'll be asking for 100m by then.

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:53 AM
ZiggyStardust

Maguire was an idiot for signing that new contract last September and not getting at most a 70 mill buy out clause inserted into his contract

Feel like players will start to demand this from now on especially for contract renewals
Too many players are being priced out of moves because of ridiculous valuations being placed on them by clubs under no financial pressure to sell

Unread 02-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Maguire was an idiot for signing that new contract last September and not getting at most a 70 mill buy out clause inserted into his contract

Feel like players will start to demand this from now on especially for contract renewals
Too many players are being priced out of moves because of ridiculous valuations being placed on them by clubs under no financial pressure to sell
Very true.

With the market being as mad as it, players have less control.

Look at Dybala getting forced out because they cant afford Lukaku.

They should be all over get out clauses.

Dont blame Maguire being frustrated. Leicester seem like they haven't budged an inch.

Unread 02-08-2019, 12:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Maybe he was told by the former owner that if he signs a new contract they’d let him go this summer, but now the new regime have gone back on it?

Unread 02-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Maybe he was told by the former owner that if he signs a new contract they’d let him go this summer, but now the new regime have gone back on it?
"Harry, I swear on my life we'll let you leave next summer..."
Closed Thread