Originally Posted by Baron
Buying three quarters of a new first choice back four
And we've given smalling and jones new contracts. We won't sign both surely

Unread 08-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
And we've given smalling and jones new contracts. We won't sign both surely
I'd be tempted to say it'll obviously be Otamendi and not Ramos, but our serge really does seem to have burned his bridges with Perez.

We don't need 5 centre backs though. It'll be one and not the other, Woody is just flashing his considerable wad around.

Unread 08-07-2015, 12:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Unless Jones is backup for RB and Rojo backup for LB?

Can't see us signing both, surely Valencia trying to find a buyer?

Unread 08-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I'd be tempted to say it'll obviously be Otamendi and not Ramos, but our serge really does seem to have burned his bridges with Perez.

We don't need 5 centre backs though. It'll be one and not the other, Woody is just flashing his considerable wad around.
Realistically you could say there would be:

Ramos
Otamendi
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Evans

With Jones & Rojo being likely cover for full back (assuming Rafael is booted or Valencia hangs about as well with Darmian on his way)

You'd want to at least throw Evans to the wolves asap. Sunderland are £#%&!ing thick enough to pay real money for him.

Unread 08-07-2015, 12:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Evans is finished. Once a defender comes in he'll be long long gone.

Also McNair is higher up the order.

Unread 08-07-2015, 12:17 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Buying three quarters of a new first choice back four

United are a £#%&!ing shambles, but all of this is necessary. The current squad level is pony in reality, a heavy dose of top quality purchases are needed, NQAT.

Schneiderlin, Darmian and Otamendi gives the squad a completely new face though. Wed actually have a solid defensive spine not seen for years at the club. Our squad would have very few problems remaining. It would then be about getting the best out of the players already at the club.

Unread 08-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Evans is finished. Once a defender comes in he'll be long long gone.

Also McNair is higher up the order.
£#%&! sake, I forgot about Paddy as well :shakehead:

He should absolutely be the 4th choice centre back imo. Selling Jones or Smalling seems inevitable, potentially next summer but I guess it depends on who we do end up getting this window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Schneiderlin, Darmian and Otamendi gives the squad a completely new face though. Wed actually have a solid defensive spine not seen for years at the club. Our squad would have very few problems remaining. It would then be about getting the best out of the players already at the club.
I doubt I could select an XI out of all of those signings (& Depay) with the current squad that would genuinely challenge for the big prizes though. Another top quality attacking option is essential, especially if van Persie goes.

Unread 08-07-2015, 01:05 PM
saffers

This would at least challenge for the premier league imo

----------------De Gea
Darmian-Otamendi-Rojo-Shaw
---Schneiderlin-Carrick-Herrera
-----Mata-Rooney-Depay/ADM

To do really well in Europe we would need more depth in midfield and another goalscorer. Though I expect big numbers from Wazza next season if he plays at centre forward all year.

We have to remember how shit the PL is and what a mess we were last season. Just a bit of solidity takes you a long way.

Unread 08-07-2015, 02:27 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 08-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Madrid have given up on him according to AS as he's close to United. They also say United want him to pair up with Ramos. A cool £70m to put that together. Though selling De Gea for £30m cuts into that considerably.
Make it happen, Wooders.

Unread 12-07-2015, 10:38 AM
puressence

looking good for the beast of buenos aires to be joining

Unread 12-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Coracao

Always a sense of disappointment when a thread has been bumped by pure

Unread 12-07-2015, 03:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Got a genuine lol as opposed to a keyboard lol.

Have some rep.

Unread 13-07-2015, 02:38 AM
ScarFace

Unread 13-07-2015, 02:56 AM
Crumps

Not convinced about him at all from what little I have seen tbh.

He's as good as he's gonna get, might struggle settling down and he looks a bit £#%&! in possession.

Heinzesque.

Unread 14-07-2015, 07:51 PM
saffers

Heating up again according to the latest in Spain. Agent on his way to Mancland.

Unread 14-07-2015, 07:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Really would like someone more cultured. I'd be happy with him alongside a ball-playing defender. Perhaps Carrick?

But surely he's the second-choice until Ramos if officially unavailable?

Unread 14-07-2015, 07:57 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Really would like someone more cultured. I'd be happy with him alongside a ball-playing defender. Perhaps Carrick?

I keep hoping we get linked with some other centre half

But seems to be only this @#%&! and Ramos we're in for

Unread 14-07-2015, 07:59 PM
ScarFace

valdes agent talking to valencia ...swapsies?

Unread 14-07-2015, 07:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Your boy Mittz saying in his latest column in the daily post today that United may want two defenders...

I'm guessing £42m on Ramos and £35m on Ota is doable if we do sell Di maria for big cash to PSG.

Get what you mean about a cultured defender but he's a silky player compared to big Nemanja who was an utterly godly defender. To have a pure defender in the backline is underrated. Also a confident lad, completely shut down peeps like Ronaldo, Messi and Bale with ease. Also good for goals.
Closed Thread