United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:37 AM
magic_cantona

Default Be honest:Great players.Lfc, Mufc etc

I'd say that our 'great players' far outnumber those of Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.That's not being 'top red', that's my honest opinion.

To me, Liverpool can't hold a candle to the likes of Best, Law, Cantona etc or even Ronaldo or Rooney.Seeing as I'm (only) 31 am I right in this assumption?How great were Liverpool's 'greats'?Barnes, Beardsley, Souness, Dalgleish, Fatty , Hansen etc......superb players but how do they compare?

Feel free to point out the truly great Arsenal and Chelsea players too, that could (nearly) compare with ours.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Dalglish was a great player, absolute shit of a man but a great player. Souness was a great player too.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:43 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dalglish was a great player, absolute shit of a man but a great player.
Grew up during the 80's, a few of my mates were Scouse and I was always having my nose rubbed in it.

Remember Dalgleish scoring the winner at Chelsea for those @#%&!s to wrap up another title.Great moment for me.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Grew up during the 80's, a few of my mates were Scouse and I was always having my nose rubbed in it.

Remember Dalgleish scoring the winner at Chelsea for those @#%&!s to wrap up another title.Great moment for me.

I think, and I may get slaughtered for it, Souness was up there with Keane as a player.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I think, and I may get slaughtered for it, Souness was up there with Keane as a player.
If there's one Scouse player who I can honestly say I 'like', it's Souness.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Kim Jong-il

Rush was a machine. Hansen was a great defender.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:53 AM
The Watcher

They've had some great players, but very few special players, if you know what I mean. The likes of Bobby Charlton (revered throughout football), George Best, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs...and now Ronaldo. These sorts of players inspire kids to play football, to support the club etc. liverpool, with the probable exception of Barnes, have just had a procession of very boring, bland and characterless players. It's a reflection of the type of club they are.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
He certainly suited the era of the back pass, not sure how he'd survive today. He was like an even less physical Rio in some ways.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Hated Ian Rush.Boring, dull and uninspiring.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Pete's Shoes

Born in 1971 so saw the Liverpool teams. Souness was a fantastic player - I would say great. Rush was a great goalscorer - except against us . Always thought Craig Johnson was vastly under-rated. Beardsley however was the one I always thought was the business. Remember losing 4-0 there once and he was on a different level. Barnes was great for them but I think that was largely due to Beardsley making him look so good rather like Eric and Kanchelskis.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Hated Ian Rush.Boring, dull and uninspiring.
Check his goal scoring record. he was sick.

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:59 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Rush was a great goalscorer - except against us .
Until 1992

Unread 20-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Nutter

Quote:
I'd say that our 'great players' far outnumber those of Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.That's not being 'top red', [SIZE="4"]that's my honest opinion.

To me, Liverpool can't hold a candle to the likes of Best, Law, [SIZE="4"]Cantona etc or even Ronaldo or [SIZE="4"]Rooney.Seeing as I'm (only) 31 am I right in this assumption?How great were Liverpool's 'greats'?Barnes, Beardsley, Souness, Dalgleish, Fatty , Hansen etc......superb players but how do they compare?

Feel free to point out the truly great Arsenal and Chelsea players too, that could (nearly) compare with ours.

I'm laughing hysterically at this thread, very funny indeed. Could you just remind how many league titles and euro cups liverpool have won again?

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:02 AM
puressence

Liverpools Team In The Late 70s And Early 80s Pisses On Utd

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Liverpools Team In The Late 70s And Early 80s Pisses On Utd
On all United teams ever? The Busby Babes? The 60s team? The Great teams of the 90s? The treble team?

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:06 AM
puressence

Quote:
On all United teams ever? The Busby Babes? The 60s team? The Great teams of the 90s? The treble team?
yes stats dont lie ..neither do 4 european cups about 10 titles in that period

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Nutter

United have never dominated europe at all. This thread is completely laughable.

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
yes stats dont lie ..neither do 4 european cups about 10 titles in that period
I think you overstate them pissing on United personally, not a phrase I'd ever use. They certainly outperformed us in EC wins. We've been pretyty sauccesful ourselves in the last 15 years though.

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:13 AM
puressence

Quote:
I think you overstate them pissing on United personally, not a phrase I'd ever use. They certainly outperformed us in EC wins. We've been pretyty sauccesful ourselves in the last 15 years though.
yes we have .but not at the very top level ..2 have won only 2 european cups with our resources is very poor imho

Unread 20-11-2007, 11:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter
United have never dominated europe at all. This thread is completely laughable.
Erm, that isn't the point of the thread, I don't think any, even the most criminally minded dipper could deny that their success was far more built on very much a team and system rather than star "great" players.
Closed Thread