Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:32 PM
andyroo

Default Football 17/03

Nottingham Forest have somehow managed to take the lead v Newcastle

Not watching, is anyone?

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:33 PM
dunk

As enticing as the game sounded on paper, no.

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:33 PM
no fun

Watching it as an alternative to Corry in the other room

Quite lively, yellow cards aots

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:35 PM
dunk

Nice.

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Newcastle have struggled in every game I’ve seen them since about Christmas. They won’t make top four. More likely to drop out of the top 6 IMO.

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Sparky***

that 70 million quid forward they bought scored then. Forgot he £#%&!ing existed. Nobody mentions it though, of course not.

Unread 17-03-2023, 08:58 PM
dunk

Scored last game too tbf.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:04 PM
magic_cantona

Carragher pronouncing Trippier as "Trip--ee-yay"

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Newcastle have struggled in every game I’ve seen them since about Christmas. They won’t make top four. More likely to drop out of the top 6 IMO.
yet if they win this they're 4 points behind us and we have to go to st james park straight after the international break.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yet if they win this they're 4 points behind us and we have to go to st james park straight after the international break.
I know. I stand by the post. They’ll finish behind us and probably spurs and Liverpool.

They’re just not particularly good.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I know. I stand by the post. They’ll finish behind us and probably spurs and Liverpool.

They’re just not particularly good.
They're not but they're snidey and have a rock solid defence

they draw a lot but i look around and apart from City and Arsenal, everyone looks flakey, including United.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They're not but they're snidey and have a rock solid defence

they draw a lot but i look around and apart from City and Arsenal, everyone looks flakey, including United.
And those draws will kill them. They could well end up with the fewest defeats, but win less than half their matches.

They did have a rock solid defence, not so much now. And now the goals are hard to come by.

Agree everyone has their issues, but out of Us, Liverpool, Spurs and them, they have the least amount of quality and look least like a top four side. Rode a massive wave earlier in the season and how they’re performing now seems more their level.

We beat them comfortably without getting out of first gear.

Their time will come when they start signing big, but I think they’re punching above their weight right now.

(They’ll be 3 points behind us if they win BTW)

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Stickman

Quote:
3…

If they win here they have the incentive of jumping us due to our farcical GD.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:26 PM
magic_cantona

Can I just shock you?

I love VAR. Despite what I said earlier.

Interesting fact.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And those draws will kill them. They could well end up with the fewest defeats, but win less than half their matches.

They did have a rock solid defence, not so much now. And now the goals are hard to come by.

Agree everyone has their issues, but out of Us, Liverpool, Spurs and them, they have the least amount of quality and look least like a top four side. Rode a massive wave earlier in the season and how they’re performing now seems more their level.

We beat them comfortably without getting out of first gear.

Their time will come when they start signing big, but I think they’re punching above their weight right now.

(They’ll be 3 points behind us if they win BTW. 4 as it stands)
They're playing 1 game a week for the rest of the season. Don't underestimate just how big an advantage that will be. Because come April/May we are going to absolutely out on our feet. I can honestly see us £#%&!ing top 4.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
They're playing 1 game a week for the rest of the season. Don't underestimate just how big an advantage that will be. Because come April/May we are going to absolutely out on our feet. I can honestly see us £#%&!ing top 4.

Stop it, Sparkles

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Well, that’s because you’re you and I would expect nothing less

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
You’re just revelling in doom, as per usual.

Casemiro will be well rested, Eriksen back for Geordies away. 2 weeks off after Sunday for the likes of AWB, Varane, Sancho.. important minutes for McT, Sabitzer, Maguire, Lindelof.

Might even see Martial

Big games every 3 days will do them the World of good too.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:31 PM
Dr Stranger

We worry about our own shit, but other teams have as much if not more to worry about.

Newcastle just won their first game in six in the league and had scored 3 goals in 5 before that. If that was us, this place would explode. Our biggest worry is having to play Scott The Scottish Player.

Unread 17-03-2023, 09:36 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You’re just revelling in doom, as per usual.

Casemiro will be well rested, Eriksen back for Geordies away. 2 weeks off after Sunday for the likes of AWB, Varane, Sancho.. important minutes for McT, Sabitzer, Maguire, Lindelof.

Might even see Martial

Big games every 3 days will do them the World of good too.
That's the problem. Utter shite.
Closed Thread