United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2020, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
anyway, no one laughed at my little odsonne favourite joke, so you can all £#%&! off.
It raised a smile

Unread 12-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
3 players

one defender - one in the middle of the field - one in front third.

Just as important ship out more deadwood

Rojo, Smalling, Sanchez, Jones, Lingard
Last part definitely.

With each passing window, it's becoming clearer what we need and what we don't.

But the last 15 years since the glazers have shown that it's all conditional.

I reckon we're good for 1, maybe 2, transfers without selling, but anything else will be dependent on getting those jerks you've listed off the books.

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Big Norm

Good news lads.

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:05 PM
dunk

Swap for Lingard

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Sneijder and vidal are the biggest transfers that never happened on here

That vidal thread summer of 2013 or 2014 was brilliant

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:13 PM
puressence

Window opens 27th July for ten weeks of shit. Genuinely worn out when the window closes

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:17 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Window opens 27th July for ten weeks of shit. Genuinely worn out when the window closes
Can’t you just make one single thread, listing every single player you can think of and claiming them as yours?

Would save some time for you.

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:57 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Unread 15-07-2020, 05:04 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Sneijder and vidal are the biggest transfers that never happened on here

That vidal thread summer of 2013 or 2014 was brilliant
There's one every summer.

Sneijder, Vidal, Alcantera, Ramos, Ronaldo. I'm probably forgetting a few. The Sancho saga has potential this summer.

Unread 15-07-2020, 05:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
There's one every summer.

Sneijder, Vidal, Alcantera, Ramos, Ronaldo. I'm probably forgetting a few. The Sancho saga has potential this summer.
Fernandes last summer

Sancho is nailed on to not happen.

Unread 15-07-2020, 07:02 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Can’t you just make one single thread, listing every single player you can think of and claiming them as yours?

seething pal what’s wrong hun. Dm
Me xx

Unread 15-07-2020, 08:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro

That would spoil the fun, though?

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Baron

Victor Osimhen.... I mentioned him before & he's making the news this week.

Was almost set to sign for Napoli for €80m this week, then promptly changed his agent & the Napoli directors have said the deal is off as they're now talking to United (& the Scousers )

He plays like a cross between Rashford & Martial, would fit in easily.

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Victor Osimhen.... I mentioned him before & he's making the news this week.

Was almost set to sign for Napoli for €80m this week, then promptly changed his agent & the Napoli directors have said the deal is off as they're now talking to United (& the Scousers )

He plays like a cross between Rashford & Martial, would fit in easily.
Literally posted about him in the Martial and Rashford thread about a minute ago

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:05 PM
NegativeNorris

We need defenders. One or even two cb's, and a left back. First choice midfield and attack is already very good, but our defence is nowhere near good enough. Definitely needs sorting before anything else.

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
We need defenders. One or even two cb's, and a left back. First choice midfield and attack is already very good, but our defence is nowhere near good enough. Definitely needs sorting before anything else.
We don't want to be running the front 4/5 into the ground, if we get enough goals and rotation in attack, the defence will be fine short term. Our problems since Fergie left have been in goalscoring. If the threat is sufficient that the opposition daren't come out, then the defence has half the work to do. We/ve drawn 11 games this season? most of those were because we couldn't/didn't score enough.

If we can shift 3 or 4 of our 7 CBs, then fine, but monies to go on forwards and midfielders that aside, for me.

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We don't want to be running the front 4/5 into the ground, if we get enough goals and rotation in attack, the defence will be fine short term. Our problems since Fergie left have been in goalscoring. If the threat is sufficient that the opposition daren't come out, then the defence has half the work to do. We/ve drawn 11 games this season? most of those were because we couldn't/didn't score enough.

If we can shift 3 or 4 of our 7 CBs, then fine, but monies to go on forwards and midfielders that aside, for me.
Exactly this, we already have a perfectly decent defensive record, unless there is a world class, pacey centre back out there that is available for a reasonable fee, the money needs to go on a right winger & a striker. Goals are very hard for this side to come across as soon as we lose anyone out of the first XI forward line. Depth is essential, and with a very young side - if we got Sancho & Osimhen for example, we'd be adding a 20 year old & a 21 year old - you don't want to be absolutely killing them week in week out. Pressing is a knackering pursuit & we're doing it from the front.

Unread 17-07-2020, 04:35 PM
Neo

Football

Not sure Jimenez is needed, as we have Ighalo as a player who can add that physicality and presence up front, when needed. I'm unconvinced if Jimenez is good enough to slot into that front three and play the quick, interchanging, counter-attacking football that we're now focusing on, too.

It's why Sancho makes sense, as he fits that identity that Ole is trying to build, and can play across the front three. Sancho on the right might help Wan Bissaka, too, who looks awful at times when he's isolated in the final third.

The priorities for me, in addition to Sancho, are a holding midfielder, and a centre-back to partner Maguire. Two top-class players in those positions would transform us. Will probably take a couple of windows, but I'd like to see:

- Jadon Sancho.
- Ruben Neves.
- A ball-playing centre-back who can control the back-line.

Meanwhile we can clear the decks of shite like:

- Sanchez
- Pereira
- Lingard
- Jones
- Smalling
- Rojo

Unread 17-07-2020, 08:58 PM
pedr0

I think an attacking full-back is high up the list of priorities. It would add an extra dimension that all the top teams have.

Shaw and AWB are both decent enough and can be the guy who tucks in, whilst the other goes forward.

Castagne from atalanta? Can play on both sides
Closed Thread