United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-02-2024, 01:53 PM
silv

Default Big Jim wants to build a new stadium

https://sports.yahoo.com/sir-jim-rat...120000426.html

Unread 06-02-2024, 01:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Company sponsored stadium with massive legroom and great "amenities" - basically an NFL stadium. No thanks

Unread 06-02-2024, 01:58 PM
redhegemony

Wembley is shit.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:00 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Wembley is shit.
…a spokesnap for the government’ levelling up department said in response.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:01 PM
atticusgrinch

'The Ineos Arena'

Wow. Thought Jim would want his pound of flesh* but didn't expect this.

* Checks he's not Jewish

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:04 PM
Bunker Buster

"sources say"

He can get to £#%&!...

Worse than the glazers if he touches old Trafford ...I'll smash his elmsmere port site to bits the foppy haired dreamer...

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:09 PM
Patty_b

Can't wait for the premium experience of the Manchester United Megastore Gift Wrapping Room with a one-way mirror looking into the changing rooms, the perfect opportunity to experience the match day atmosphere at New Old Trafford.

The only ground where both the mens and the womens games both sell out.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:12 PM
silv

careful what you wish for is all I'll say.

he gave it the mild supping, busby babes top red but turns out he's just as cut throat as the rest

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Find the lack of leg room/knee scrape an increasing problem at OT. Wembley seats are like chaise longes in comparison ffs.

Makes you think.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:20 PM
believe

Interesting

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Interesting

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:27 PM
Jack Duckworth

Go Manchester Devils!

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:28 PM
tatty

Ratcliffe Borough

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:29 PM
Finport Red

He gets us

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:36 PM
Lok

It's interesting to see where the line is for others. What constitutes our stadium and what can/cannot change?

If it was built in the land near the ticket office would that be ok? Does it need to be in the same position?

Does it need to retain the same style as the current stadium?

Is it the name that's so important?

If they did it similar to what Spurs did but with a capacity of 90k, I don't think I could get that angry about it. Old Trafford is barely recognisable from how it looked when I was born so I'm not too married to how it currently looks. The name is pretty important to me, I wouldn't want it to be sponsored.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:36 PM
Sapien

Let's not be too hasty here - if he's willing to consider a more London friendly location I think we can all agree that would be a good thing for the club?

More like 'The Old Trafford of the South'?

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:38 PM
Medlock

Thumbs up

Oh ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Let's not be too hasty here - if he's willing to consider a more London friendly location I think we can all agree that would be a good thing for the club?

More like 'The Old Trafford of the South'?
Check user cp

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:39 PM
MUFC One Love

Old Trafford needs renovating in a big way or a new ground building. State of it compared to Spurs.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:42 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's interesting to see where the line is for others. What constitutes our stadium and what can/cannot change?

If it was built in the land near the ticket office would that be ok? Does it need to be in the same position?

Does it need to retain the same style as the current stadium?

Is it the name that's so important?

If they did it similar to what Spurs did but with a capacity of 90k, I don't think I could get that angry about it. Old Trafford is barely recognisable from how it looked when I was born so I'm not too married to how it currently looks. The name is pretty important to me, I wouldn't want it to be sponsored.
Stop taking sense pal, you’ll upset the sensitive folk on here who don’t quite know what they want. A team like United deserve a new stadium that’s in keeping with the times, how many of the top teams in Europe are still playing in the same stadiums they were in ten years ago for a hundred years? (Genuine question btw)

Yes old Trafford is iconic to most of us but most us don’t go there any more and most who still won’t be in 20 years. If we want a new generation of fans coming through we need to be winning things in a shiny new stadium with decent WiFi,

With this and his ties to Qatar, I’m warming to Jim Glazer more and more each day.

Unread 06-02-2024, 02:45 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Old Trafford needs renovating in a big way or a new ground building. State of it compared to Spurs.
This.

Everyone that goes to OT rightly complains about the state of the place and building a new stadium next door would be much better than patching up the old place with the space limitations.

I really can't see any problems with this.