United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:37 AM
tony tabletop

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

631 pages of utter %@#$&!s, wishful thinking and blind faith.

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:39 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, OK

If you really believe that, might I be able to interest you in a bridge for sale??

SAF went to watch - and quite possibly to personally speak to - Ozil.

I don't see how anybody can claim otherwise with a straight face
I was not actually arguing that. But that is not concrete. But what that £#%&!wit was alluding to 'fergie "is" definitely interested in Ozil. But he doesn't have the money' 8 £#%&!ing million pounds. They will give 10m to buy smalling but not 8m for ozil. yeah

For me, if he goes elsewhere, it will be either because we aren't interested or that he just fancies some other teams more than us.

That Boy Ronaldo!

Where's this £8m fee come from?

Darth Vidic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
£#%&! me if he had ronaldo on there would it mean we are after him
No, he had Ozzers on there, I said he was jinxing it, he denied, then the Barca stuff comes out and he's changed it to Scholes. Game over wrt Ozzers methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
little more than a bunch of unrelated events muddled together to fit your story tbh

your opinion on the line about value is a popular one, it seems. the examples you use to try and make it fit are a bit silly tbh, and are typical of those used by people desperately trying to convince themselves that Ferguson has never previously looked for value in the transfer market - quite frankly a ridiculous position to take. Rooney is possibly the most ridiculous example of those you list btw, since not only was he bought over two summers plus add-ons, but United had already made their summer striker purchase that season before their hand was forced - signing Alan Smith for £7m iirc.
Throb, how the £#%&! did Berbatov represent any value?

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Darth Vidic

Also, how can people say we don't need this player.

For me, I want us to have a great shot at winning the league and in Europe. Signing Ozzers would give us a much better chance of doing that than we do now. So imo we need him.

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
treme

£#%&!ing hell, a good world cup and people think Ozil is the greatest thing to have ever played the game. No £#%&!er had ever heard of the @#%&! before the World Cup.

Jesus wept.

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Also, how can people say we don't need this player.

For me, I want us to have a great shot at winning the league and in Europe. Signing Ozzers would give us a much better chance of doing that than we do now. So imo we need him.
personally I am happy with the attacking options.

Rooney, Berbs, hernandez, macheda, owen, nani, valencia, obertan, park, giggs

I think we have enough option. Ozil would just be another one for our attacking who will take up position of nani or valencia in a 4-5-1 formation. Since I don't see a midfield 2 of carrick and fletcher being good enough against a top team.

I would want either a defensive driving midfielder in the essien/keane mould if anything.

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
£#%&!ing hell, a good world cup and people think Ozil is the greatest thing to have ever played the game. No £#%&!er had ever heard of the @#%&! before the World Cup.

Jesus wept.
Actually there were various threads the summer before when he was running the show at the Under 21 Championship in a great German team which have now developed further at the World Cup.

His World Cup pefomance showed nothing other than he's improved dramatically over the past 12 months, and to a point where he was one of the oustanding tournaments on one of the biggest stage in world football.

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:49 AM
pcp

Tbh I £#%&!ing hate myself for typing Ozil into google every morning, either get the deal done or £#%&! off, the problem with transfers is the £#%&!ing agents, playing one club off with another to pocket themselves a few extra quid whilst £#%&!ing with all our heads in the process, go £#%&! yourselves you parasitic @#%&!s.

that feels better

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:

Jesus wept.
Rubbish. He's been the young prodigy of my PES6 all-conquering Blackburn and Aston Villa Master League sides.

Seriously though, its not true, people have been well aware of him before, particularly over the last season I'd say.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
personally I am happy with the attacking options.

Rooney, Berbs, hernandez, macheda, owen, nani, valencia, obertan, park, giggs

I think we have enough option. Ozil would just be another one for our attacking who will take up position of nani or valencia in a 4-5-1 formation. Since I don't see a midfield 2 of carrick and fletcher being good enough against a top team.

I would want either a defensive driving midfielder in the essien/keane mould if anything.
Agree re the driving midfielder. Seems with only £100 million to spend that's too much to ask for though

We lack a truly creative spark. Rooney can't drop deep to do that when he's our goalscoring striker. Berbatov couldn't be relied upon last season to do that, Nani is not consistent enough yet, nor Anderson.

In creative terms we wouldn't have strengthened at all from a side that couldn't break down Blackburn when it counted and struggled at other times to do so in a manner that suggested we were progressing back towards the 0-0 days of the mid 2000's. At least we have the addition of Chicharito though.

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Jesus wept.
Who has said that?

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Harri Jaffa

So have we signed Ozil yet?

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
So have we signed Ozil yet?
Mesut Özil assisted a goal every 199.9 minutes last season, which was the 12th best rate of all players in the top five European leagues. This means that even at an inferior team, Ozil still had a better assist rate than Xavi, according to OptaJoe

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Mesut Özil assisted a goal every 199.9 minutes last season, which was the 12th best rate of all players in the top five European leagues. This means that even at an inferior team, Ozil still had a better assist rate than Xavi, according to OptaJoe
Opta Stats have revealed that Dimitar Berbatov created an average of 2.2 goalscoring opportunities per 90 minutes in the Premiership last season. And, you guessed it, that was more than any other striker in the league.

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Opta Stats have revealed that Dimitar Berbatov created an average of 2.2 goalscoring opportunities per 90 minutes in the Premiership last season. And, you guessed it, that was more than any other striker in the league.

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Darth Vidic

Some light relief.

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Get it right :-

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
red @rmy

Posts on this thread.

antonin jablonsky 382
dunk 376
borsuk 281
safingtons 278
Liu Jian 275
magic_cantona 242
Part 36 Offer 193
MJ Ramone 165
Fuzzy Dunlop 164
Sparky*** 161
Tumescent Throb 160
RedMenace 158

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Rubbish. He's been the young prodigy of my PES6 all-conquering Blackburn and Aston Villa Master League sides.

Seriously though, its not true, people have been well aware of him before, particularly over the last season I'd say.

Agree re the driving midfielder. Seems with only £100 million to spend that's too much to ask for though

We lack a truly creative spark. Rooney can't drop deep to do that when he's our goalscoring striker. Berbatov couldn't be relied upon last season to do that, Nani is not consistent enough yet, nor Anderson.

In creative terms we wouldn't have strengthened at all from a side that couldn't break down Blackburn when it counted and struggled at other times to do so in a manner that suggested we were progressing back towards the 0-0 days of the mid 2000's. At least we have the addition of Chicharito though.
we have cleverley also who operates the same role as Ozil. If it was a choice between cleverley and ozil, i hope we give that chance to cleverley.

a journalist on Twitter who follows spanish football closely:
Özil transfer saga heating up again. Player denies deal with Barcelona is done. Werder play Sampdoria next Wed in CL. He'll be gone by then.

Unread 10-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Rhodzy

Werder have said that no offer has been made for him.
Closed Thread