United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Zorg

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
presumably they mean the effect that United's transfer policy has been almost 100% successful since 2005, and has probably never been so efficient in the club's history?

the 1st team squad has never been more successful; the reserves and youth set ups have rarely had so much quality in depth and have never brought in so much money - Pique, Richardson and Rossi brought in £20m between them for a start off.

don't let the facts get in the way though, eh
Yeah but Yootoobio still hasn't been bought.

Unread 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Pop

Where exactly would Bale play if Utd were to bid for him? Would hate to see Nani being dropped unless Ferie switches him over to the right. And then where does that leave Valencia? Is Bale comparable to either?

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Where exactly would Bale play if Utd were to bid for him? Would hate to see Nani being dropped unless Ferie switches him over to the right. And then where does that leave Valencia? Is Bale comparable to either?
potentialy bale is probably better than both. he would be ahead of nani in the left ring role as i think nani plays better on the right, but also he could provide cover for evra if he got injured. valencia could play in the middle, but i imagine the 3 of them would just rotate the wide positions. not as if there isnt enough games to go around.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Left wing.

Nani or Vallers on the right.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Borsuk made it up.

HTH.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:15 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
potentialy bale is probably better than both. he would be ahead of nani in the left ring role as i think nani plays better on the right, but also he could provide cover for evra if he got injured. valencia could play in the middle, but i imagine the 3 of them would just rotate the wide positions. not as if there isnt enough games to go around.
ffs

bale has had three or four good games on the spin, including arsenal and chelsea, which got the media all excited. for most of the season he's been pretty ordinary, and he's not been good in the last few games either. he was crap against us, poor against bolton (?) and nothing special last night.

decent player but that is £#%&!ing daft.

on the evidence of this season nani and valencia are both >>>>>>> bale. and both will improve.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ffs

bale has had three or four good games on the spin, including arsenal and chelsea, which got the media all excited. for most of the season he's been pretty ordinary, and he's not been good in the last few games either. he was crap against us, poor against bolton (?) and nothing special last night.

on the evidence of this season nani and valencia are both >>>>>>> bale. and both will improve.
Tosic has looked pretty good on his loan spell too, and has a genuine left foot. £#%&! knows what's going on with him though.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Appletango

Quote:
ffs

To be fair, whilst I agree with your point about him not being as good as Nani and Vallers yet, Bale has been outstanding for more than a couple of games. His change in form goes back to the turn of the year, previous to that he didn't get much of a look.

He has alot of potential, he has a great cross on him, great pace and can run with the ball as good as most wingers out there. A very good prospect imo.

For me its either Nani or Vallers to, Nani rarely turns it on playing on the left yet is immense everytime he plays on the right.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Grimson

I wouldn't have Bale ahead of Nani or Toni, no way.

Modric, yes please.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
borsuk

bale's a decent prospect, i agree, and his dead ball delivery is better than anything we can manage. good engine and a strong lad these days. having said all that he's been ludicrously overhyped on the back of two cracking performances (arsenal and chelsea) that came against the right teams at the right times.

i don't agree about nani not being effective on the left. his turnaround came when he was played on the right, true, but since then he's been equally good on both sides imo.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
shadowplay

Daniel Taylor on twitter:

DTguardian

Stephen Ireland, possible target for #mufc (Fergie likes him), has admitted he may leave #mcfc in the summer

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
pcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

wummer

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

DTguardian

Stephen Ireland, possible target for #mufc (Fergie likes him), has admitted he may leave #mcfc in the summer
ffs. I'll be sure to get a Superman outfit on the way home

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

DTguardian

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:35 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
presumably they mean the effect that United's transfer policy has been almost 100% successful since 2005, and has probably never been so efficient in the club's history?

the 1st team squad has never been more successful; the reserves and youth set ups have rarely had so much quality in depth and have never brought in so much money - Pique, Richardson and Rossi brought in £20m between them for a start off.

don't let the facts get in the way though, eh

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Alan

Quote:

DTguardian

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:42 PM
shadowplay

Re: Ireland. Won't happen, obviously. Even if Alex does like him - as suggested - I doubt City would even entertain selling him to us. Add the fact he's a total psychopath, and it looks very, very unlikely. He's a very good player, though. Would fit in well in a side like ours, if given the right guidance. There would also be something satisfying about crafting one of their ex-players into a top player for us. But never going to happen, imo. More chance of the actual Superman signing, ffs.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:43 PM
dunk

2+2 = 357.

£#%&!ing hell journalism is easy these days.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I wouldn't have Bale ahead of Nani or Toni, no way.

Modric, yes please.
Oh that's right, just repeat what I've been saying for 12 years in a desperate attempt to appear clever.

You disgust me.

Anyway, I've already sorted a song out for him:

My name is Luka
I played down at White Hart Lane
I roomed with Huddlestone
Yes I think he eats all day

If I heard something late at night
Some kind of guzzling, some kind of shite
Just don't ask me what it was

I think it's because I'm small