Nah, i'm not gonna say it
Say what?

Iceberg? He's shit?

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:43 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Seems our friends down the road are going down exactly this route, signing Jonjo Shelvey from league 1 Charlton for £1.7m apparently!
He's meant to be good on FM10. I currently have a bid in for him on FM, then last night when I heard Liverpool were getting him this morning I wasn't sure if I dreamt it or not.

On a serious note though it would be nice to see big premier league clubs more games to their youngsters/sign youngsters and actually involve them. Seems like half the clubs sign them now just because the young player is rated, then they never make it...

Shelvey is Gerrard's replacement?

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Say what?

Iceberg? He's shit?
More along these lines

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Sloppy

http://www.imscouting.com/global-new...ve-again/7385/

Unread 28-04-2010, 12:01 PM
pcp

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let this be true

http://news.google.co.uk/news/more?h...=0CEMQqgIoADAB

Unread 28-04-2010, 12:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Just like Benzema did one in a United shirt last summer :£#%&!er:

Unread 28-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

berbatov to bayern in robben swap deal.

Unread 28-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Marseille's keeper attempts to link himself with us

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/...ing-manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
More along these lines
He's not shit

Quality shot stopper & was ahead of Lloris in the French side for a bit before Lloris kicked on, but Marseilles are top of the French league & he's been important. Only 25, so loads of time to sort himself out - I'd put him more in the Shay Given school of making excellent saves whilst not quite getting the "command of his area" type.

Unread 28-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He's not shit

Quality shot stopper & was ahead of Lloris in the French side for a bit before Lloris kicked on, but Marseilles are top of the French league & he's been important. Only 25, so loads of time to sort himself out - I'd put him more in the Shay Given school of making excellent saves whilst not quite getting the "command of his area" type.
Not seen him this season, but when ever I saw him in the past he always looked well dodgy...... on that basis No thanks.

Unread 28-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Default Re: Real Madrid want Evra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Ronaldo recommended him.

Real Madrid eye £20m move for Manchester United star Patrice Evra on Cristiano Ronaldo's recommendation

Real Madrid are preparing to spark another summer transfer battle with Manchester United by launching a £20million move for Patrice Evra.
The Spanish giants are determined to land a left back this summer after identifying former Liverpool player Alvaro Arbeloa as the weak link in a defence that has conceded 50 per cent more goals than Barcelona in 34 La Liga games this season.
Bernabeu director general Jorge Valdano has identified a number of candidates - including Arsenal's Gael Clichy, Chelsea's Ashley Cole and Fiorentina's Juan Manuel Vargas - but Evra is said to have jumped to the top of the list on the recommendation of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson reluctantly allowed Ronaldo to leave United for Madrid in a world record £80m deal last summer, but he will not want to lose another of his star players.
However, sources in France claim that Evra could be tempted by a new challenge after winning about as much as he could have dreamed of since leaving Monaco four-and-a-half years ago.
The 28-year-old, under contract till 2013, has enjoyed three Barclays Premier League triumphs, three Carling Cups and Champions League success in 2008.
Evra and Ronaldo were close friends and United and the France defender recently defended his former team-mate against detractors who accused the Portugal star of arrogance.
Arbeloa has been a regular starter for Madrid this season, with former left back Marcelo playing further up the field because of worries over his defensive abilities.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0mLYVbg2q

So that's Vidic, Evra and Rooney. They'd have been better off just buying United.
One of the things I love about mad Paddy is you kow he is United through & through. Dont see Pat leaving United until he finishes playing or decides he is no longer good enough & £#%&!s off back to France.

As someone else already pointed out, if Johnson is £18 million then Evra must be at least double that. In my eyes there is no better left back in the world I would rather have. He is a £#%&!ing legend !!

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:03 PM
red in cumbria

Message to Sniffer - its the Daily Mail ffs

They hate us even more than most of the other media vermin do

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Seems our friends down the road are going down exactly this route, signing Jonjo Shelvey from league 1 Charlton for £1.7m apparently!
really good young player. bargain at 1.7m

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
really good young player. bargain at 1.7m

you even seen him play gin?

bloke at work here used to be a charlton season ticket holder and said he is nothing special. touch just not there.

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

you even seen him play gin?

bloke at work here used to be a charlton season ticket holder and said he is nothing special. touch just not there.
hes probably bitter at losing him.

not seen him play as such but on my fm game as west ham him and rodwell are terrorising teams.

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
hes probably bitter at losing him.

not seen him play as such but on my fm game as west ham him and rodwell are terrorising teams.

as i thought %@#$&!s.

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

as i thought %@#$&!s.
we'll see, i reckon he will do well

Unread 28-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote: