United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 08-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Curtis
 
Default

Itís seen as the responsibility of any player to abide by the rules of the league in which they play. The FA has made a clear position for itís stance on offensive behaviour in this league. That rule is measured by the culturally accepted norms of this country. Any player joining a club from another country and culture, is deemed responsible for learning what is and is not acceptable in this league/culture. As their employers, the clubs hiring them are responsible for educating them in this regard.

Thatís the official position. As much as the Uruguayan lads may have a point, their argument doesnít hold water here. The player accepted the rules when he signed. Itís the clubís fault for ignoring the cultural training and leaving him in a position where (what to him was) a completely normal and inoffensive expression, could leave him exposed to FA sanction.
 
Unread 08-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Itís seen as the responsibility of any player to abide by the rules of the league in which they play. The FA has made a clear position for itís stance on offensive behaviour in this league. That rule is measured by the culturally accepted norms of this country. Any player joining a club from another country and culture, is deemed responsible for learning what is and is not acceptable in this league/culture. As their employers, the clubs hiring them are responsible for educating them in this regard.

Thatís the official position. As much as the Uruguayan lads may have a point, their argument doesnít hold water here. The player accepted the rules when he signed. Itís the clubís fault for ignoring the cultural training and leaving him in a position where (what to him was) a completely normal and inoffensive expression, could leave him exposed to FA sanction.
How is anyone supposed to know what the "culturally accepted norms" of a country are in relation to non-native words?
 
Unread 09-01-2021, 12:31 PM
Curtis
 
Default

It's the rule of the country he's playing in, not the country he's from. What is an isn't acceptable in his country is not relevant to the rules he agreed to observe in this one.

Edit - The term being a Spanish word, is still deemed inappropriate because of it's direct translation into English. The nuances of the meaning of a word in one language changing from country to country and in various context, is a completely different argument. The Uruguayan lads may find some traction there but I wouldn't imagine the FA will be very receptive to anything that requires context or nuance, to understand.

Last edited by Curtis; 09-01-2021 at 12:34 PM.
 
Unread 09-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Reg Holdsworth
 
Default

To be fair, there must have been a ton of people within the club pissing themselves at those RAWK threads in 2011 with them all going on about their Uruguayan wives. I imagine even Fergie was having a good look.

Would have been an idea to give him a heads up early doors.
 
Unread 20-01-2021, 10:48 PM
20LEgend1999
 
Default

Does anybody know if we've won a game he's started in yet?
 
Unread 20-01-2021, 10:50 PM
Tronics
 
Default

he should start up front more often than not but f***ing hell if you're going to play him play to his strengths.

balls over the top, balls through the lines for him to run onto are his bread n butter, more of that please!
 
Unread 20-01-2021, 10:58 PM
AK14
 
Default

Excellent tonight

His workrate is incredible and such a breath of fresh air after watching a certain someone aimlessly jog around the pitch game after game.

Anyone else catch the moment when he chased down a loose ball that was closer to Martial (who btw was standing still pouting that shaw didnít play the ball into his feet) and it forced the Fulham defender into a rushed clearance meaning we won the ball back?

Wished we signed him years ago.
 
Unread 20-01-2021, 11:25 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Does anybody know if we've won a game he's started in yet?
You mean other than tonight you f***ing helmet?
 
Unread 20-01-2021, 11:38 PM
20LEgend1999
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You mean other than tonight you f***ing helmet?
Did you not think in this situation, it was safe to assume I was being sarcastic?

We have in fact won all but one of the games he's started, despite the claims that he's only good off the bench.
 
Unread 20-01-2021, 11:42 PM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Did you not think in this situation, it was safe to assume I was being sarcastic?

We have in fact won all but one of the games he's started, despite the claims that he's only good off the bench.
Pretty good record considering heís been shit the vast majority of his time on the pitch tbf.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Edison Cavani Part 2
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edison Cavani ... puressence Football 21 30-01-2020 04:55 PM
Edison el matador cavani puressence Football 1 09-02-2019 05:33 PM
Edison Roberto Cavani Gomez ......../ puressence Football 50 22-08-2016 10:10 PM
Edison Cavani is not for sale says Napoli chairman fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 28-06-2012 06:40 AM
PAID: boxing: arthur abraham - edison miranda borsuk Settled 1 22-06-2008 07:10 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.