United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah sorry. Valencia's is much worse.
what a ridiculous comment.

Unread 18-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Ethers

Nice to know that Throb is privy to all LVG's thoughts and opinions just like he was with Fergie. Handy

Unread 18-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nice to know that Throb is privy to all LVG's thoughts and opinions just like he was with Fergie. Handy
the legend lives on

Unread 18-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
He ran. He kicked the ball maybe two times a bit ahead of himself. He was completely unchallenged for 30 metres. He then approached an opponent and didn't have a clue what to do next. He kicked it backwards. He briefly stood and watched. He retreated. And before you could say epsilon he was doing his favourite backward running move - he was still in Arsenal's half at that point ffs.

"his passing issues" btw
Sounds a lot like Valencia, who you have defended assiduously over the last few years.

Unread 18-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Sounds a lot like Valencia, who you have defended assiduously over the last few years.
no idea why people feel the need to quote my comments about a centre back when they speak about players in other positions - especially a winger and a striker. tbf smalling is better at heading crosses clear than either of them though.

Unread 18-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
no idea why people feel the need to quote my comments about a centre back when they speak about players in other positions - especially a winger and a striker. tbf smalling is better at heading crosses clear than either of them though.
You are allowed to change your opinion on players Throb. Even occasionally on things outside of football, it can be cathartic, even liberating.

He had improved markedly this season, at the start he was third choice behind Jones and Rojo, the sending off in the Derby could have been terminal for his Utd career but he has responded admirably, now our first choice CB and Captain. Time well tell if he can build on this but he is coming into his best years and he is a positive to come out of this season.

You can accept that but also understand his weaknesses.

Unread 18-05-2015, 08:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I think Vallers has had a very good season tbh. Although, you may be saying that and I'm just missing it.

Falcao can £#%&! off - absolute waif of a player. It's like having Kate Moss up front. He's been awful.

As for Deemers, I'm absolutely gutted how it's turned out because he was/is a genuine worldie on his day. The team works a lot better without him though. Amazing to find myself saying this, but I won't be at all arsed if he goes.

Unread 18-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Falcao can £#%&! off - absolute waif of a player. It's like having Kate Moss up front.
What?!

Unread 18-05-2015, 08:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

read somewhere else that he looked like a celeb playing a charity match.
the least he could have done is rugby tackle the german.

Unread 18-05-2015, 08:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
What?!
Think he means he's lightweight

Unread 18-05-2015, 08:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
What?!
I dunno mate, I've had a tyre blow out and I'm in a bad mood.

He was dreadful yesterday though, nqat. Doesn't seem tough enough at all.

Unread 18-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
You are allowed to change your opinion on players Throb. Even occasionally on things outside of football, it can be cathartic, even liberating.

He had improved markedly this season, at the start he was third choice behind Jones and Rojo, the sending off in the Derby could have been terminal for his Utd career but he has responded admirably, now our first choice CB and Captain. Time well tell if he can build on this but he is coming into his best years and he is a positive to come out of this season.

You can accept that but also understand his weaknesses.
even if it is true that he has been almost unrecognisable at times from the player we saw last season away at olympiakos that does not make him good enough. and in any event i was specifically referring to a single incident in the game which i think demonstrated perfectly one of the absolute top priorities for LVG to address this summer. the fact that smalling would even be his 4th choice captain is another, but maybe smalling is good behind the scenes

i've always acknowledged his strengths anyway, particularly that he can be very good when the game is in front of him. this season he has definitely improved facing and/or moving towards his own goal as well. I have put this mostly down to the specific work LVG does in defining each component's position and role in the system, which smalling has taken to pretty well. i suppose being able to focus your learning to a specific 'manual' helps some players more than others, and LVG's hypnopeadia appears to be good for the more average players (relatively speaking - all United players are a cut above average to start with, obviously) in the squad, as well as being not bad for those who tend to break the team's shape by going a wandering...

Unread 18-05-2015, 09:50 PM
jem

Quote:
even if it is true that he has been almost unrecognisable at times from the player we saw last season away at olympiakos that does not make him good enough. and in any event i was specifically referring to a single incident in the game which i think demonstrated perfectly one of the absolute top priorities for LVG to address this summer. the fact that smalling would even be his 4th choice captain is another, but maybe smalling is good behind the scenes

i've always acknowledged his strengths anyway, particularly that he can be very good when the game is in front of him. this season he has definitely improved facing and/or moving towards his own goal as well. I have put this mostly down to the specific work LVG does in defining each component's position and role in the system, which smalling has taken to pretty well. i suppose being able to focus your learning to a specific 'manual' helps some players more than others, and LVG's hypnopeadia appears to be good for the more average players (relatively speaking - all United players are a cut above average to start with, obviously) in the squad, as well as being not bad for those who tend to break the team's shape by going a wandering...
I put it down to smalling being our best defender for the last few years.

Unread 18-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

aye, okay laddee

Unread 18-05-2015, 10:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Van Gaal loves Chris Smalling. His raw physical tools are unmatched, and he's been singled out for praise repeatedly. Concerns remain, though, over his ability on the ball. It's an issue that Van Gaal and his coaches have been working on daily. They believe, with progression, he could be one of the best in Europe.

Unread 18-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Crumps

Raw physical tools

Unread 18-05-2015, 10:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Raw physical tools
long way to get down and head the ball along the floor...

Unread 19-05-2015, 03:07 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
That's like saying Jagger was the best looking Stone.

Unread 20-05-2015, 03:04 PM
AjaxRed

For those mithered, the pics of the Arsenal game: http://mufc-pics.blogspot.nl/2015/05...7-05-2015.html

Unread 20-05-2015, 03:10 PM
ralph

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxRed
For those mithered, the pics of the Arsenal game: http://mufc-pics.blogspot.nl/2015/05...7-05-2015.html
Cheers pal