Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
We’d become everything we hate
How's that?

Unread 20-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
You mean from Manchester United Football Club to something shorter?
Trafford city or Manchester Celtic maybe. The name doesn’t really matter does it, as top reds will always refer to us as man united. Until they die out and newer generations all use the new name.

Unread 20-10-2019, 01:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How's that?

Unread 20-10-2019, 01:04 PM
otbarney

Every £#%&!er else hates us anyway, so it would be back to the status quo.

Unread 20-10-2019, 01:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
It’ll never go back to the way it was.
Given it’s about ownership and what those owners are motivated by, it could improve immeasurably if the political will was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
So what you’re saying is we need the best manager in the world? Cheers, never even occurred to me.
No. We need people running the football club who aren’t £#%&!ing useless. Ole’s about the only one working for the fans’ interests.

Unread 20-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yeah.

Unread 20-10-2019, 01:58 PM
ScarFace

We've tried the Jewish route and its fallen flat. Its time to embrace the sand and go full Halal.

DEATH TO THE WEST !......SIGN NEYMAR !

Believe make use of those fancy knives and sacrifice a lamb wearing a United shirt

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:04 PM
shenwen

It would be truly disgusting. But if not us then someone else, and we can shout about our higher moral standing from the Championship play off positions.

Sad state to be in.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:19 PM
ScarFace

that rich @#%&! who wants chelsea claims to be united fan...buy us then you lying @#%&!.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
?.and we can shout about our higher moral standing from the Championship play off positions.
Is that where liverpool are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
that rich @#%&! who wants chelsea claims to be united fan...buy us then you lying @#%&!.
He’s said he can’t afford it because the glazers want a ridiculous amount in comparison to what the club is worth.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Sparky***

Firstly I find this "becoming what we hate" thing quite funny.

Firstly I hate City because they are City, i hated them when they had Niall Quinn up front and I hate them when they're winning the league with 100 points.

Secondly, I hate them because they are brazen, cynical cheats who have cooked the financial books in order to spend money they haven't earned, nor ever will earn.

To suggest that United being owned by Arabs whose only job would simply be to not syphon hundreds of millions of pounds to pay debts and put football success back at the top of club's priorities is somehow 'becoming' a club who has financially doped themselves to the top the game is not only ludicrous it's £#%&!ing insulting.

Manchester United would never ever "become" manchester City.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Firstly I hate City because they are City, i hated them when they had Niall Quinn up front and I hate them when they're winning the league with 100 points.

Secondly, I hate them because they are brazen, cynical cheats who have cooked the financial books in order to spend money they haven't earned, nor ever will earn.

To suggest that United being owned by Arabs whose only job would simply be to not syphon hundreds of millions of pounds to pay debts and put football success back at the top of club's priorities is somehow 'becoming' a club who has financially doped themselves to the top the game is not only ludicrous it's £#%&!ing insulting.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:32 PM
AK14

With woody coming out in the press a lot more trying to save face and the likes of VdS, Rangnick and Campos also making noises of what they’d do with United etc, it makes you wonder if it’s actually true this time and people in football are shopping themselves around?

Imagine they buy the club and put woody in the DoF role

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:35 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
With woody coming out in the press a lot more trying to save face and the likes of VdS, Rangnick and Campos also making noises of what they’d do with United etc, it makes you wonder if it’s actually true this time and people in football are shopping themselves around?

Woody knows he is literally up for the chop if they buy us.

HT raffle winner gets to do it

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

the only reason Woodward is still chief exec is his ability to maximise sponsorship revenue and commercial partners in order to continually provide maximum revenue streams for the owners so they can continue to service debts while at the same time creaming a nice dividend for themselves.

if we had owners who had no interest in profiteering from us then his value plummets as we'd no longer have profit margins at the top of our priority list.

Without the debt hanging over us, and with the money the club naturally generates, we could spend 250 million quid + every summer if we wanted to. Not to say that it would solve all our problems, but if you're doing a rebuild, it would make it infinitely quicker and easier if you weren't hamstrung by having a 70 million net spend over two summers.

We wouldn't need fake sponsorships or calculated boardroom "operation longbow" type shite in order to figure out how to side-step UEFA rules to do it either.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
the only reason Woodward is still chief exec is his ability to maximise sponsorship revenue and commercial partners in order to continually provide maximum revenue streams for the owners so they can continue to service debts while at the same time creaming a nice dividend for themselves.

if we had owners who had no interest in profiteering from us then his value plummets as we'd no longer have profit margins at the top of our priority list.

Without the debt hanging over us, and with the money the club naturally generates, we could spend 250 million quid + every summer if we wanted to. Not to say that it would solve all our problems, but if you're doing a rebuild, it would make it infinitely quicker and easier if you weren't hamstrung by having a 70 million net spend over two summers.

We wouldn't need fake sponsorships or calculated boardroom "operation longbow" type shite in order to figure out how to side-step UEFA rules to do it either.
I wasn’t being serious about them keeping woody tbh.

Is it a coincidence that in the space of a few weeks three very experienced and successful people in football have come out and basically offered themselves to United and how they’d fix them. Maybe they know something we don’t?

And like you quite rightly say Woodward is the man if you want to make money etc. But him coming out a lot more in recent weeks to defend the way he’s run the club and telling us all how he knows how to get United back to the top could be aimed at potential new owners?

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Casanova85

The way I see it, it's fight fire with fire. If City is owned-backed up by the Emirates and their neverending billions, we have to shake hands with the devil too. Especially when you hear rumours of the creation of Qatari Leeds, when you see the likes of QPSG, Arsenal and the Emirates, Barcelona hugely sponsored by Qatar and Turkish Airlines, etc.

Unread 20-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I wasn’t being serious about them keeping woody tbh.

Is it a coincidence that in the space of a few weeks three very experienced and successful people in football have come out and basically offered themselves to United and how they’d fix them. Maybe they know something we don’t?

And like you quite rightly say Woodward is the man if you want to make money etc. But him coming out a lot more in recent weeks to defend the way he’s run the club and telling us all how he knows how to get United back to the top could be aimed at potential new owners?
He's blabbering because all this reflects terribly on him. That's all. It's face-saving.

Unread 20-10-2019, 04:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It would be truly disgusting. But if not us then someone else, and we can shout about our higher moral standing from the Championship play off positions.

Sad state to be in.
Looking that way innit

Football is shit. Would never follow it now if I hadn't become hooked back when it was good.

Unread 20-10-2019, 06:32 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

This. Our revenues with genuine incomes and no debt repayments would leave us in fantasy football territory. £#%&! em all.
Closed Thread