United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:26 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you think that saying smalling is a decent defender (and less of a @#%&! than lindelof) is a wum, then you have misread the conversation like maguire with a midfielder darting into the area behind him.
i'd like one of our midfielders to track the midfielder leaving Maguire to look after the attacking forward - hth.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
i'd like one of our midfielders to track the midfielder leaving Maguire to look after the attacking forward - hth.
the problem has been that maguire doesn't look after anyone or cut the cross out. he's very good at looking over his shoulder after the ball has been played, though. this has been the situation a few times where there are two defenders and two attackers.. and the defenders have to decide how to split responsibility between them. he's the captain and he isn't decisive or aware enough.

it would be lovely if we had two defensive midfielders. glad you're on board with that, at least.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:59 AM
redhegemony

Too many better to list including Berg

Equally shite
Silvestre
Jones
Rojo
Bailly
Evans

Worse
Prunier
Blanc (sadly)
Mcnair

Unread 16-09-2020, 11:19 AM
windy waffles

Roma have agreed a deal with Verona for centre-back Marash Kumbulla.

Staying!

Unread 16-09-2020, 11:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Staying!
like a new signing!

Unread 16-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Our defense improved last season with him being £#%&!ed off out of the country, and our usually reliable goalkeeper chucking in goals for fun

At the risk of sounding like Sparky, how far have we fallen that fans are mourning the potential sale of Chris-£#%&!ing-Smalling
And that was with two new players in the back four. They should improve even more this season defensively as they get to know each other more. I'm not worried about signing a defender for defensive sake but our current ones give us nothing going forward which unfortunately is where the scousers get half of their goals from.

Unread 16-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
And that was with two new players in the back four. They should improve even more this season defensively as they get to know each other more. I'm not worried about signing a defender for defensive sake but our current ones give us nothing going forward which unfortunately is where the scousers get half of their goals from.
That last part is more of an issue with full backs than centre back.

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:38 PM
Ronny

Having Smalling around reminds Bailly and Axel, that if they spend half of next season on the treatment table, their time at Utd is over.

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:41 PM
Drexl

He should stay, but as head of catering imo

Vegan choc-ices all round

Unread 16-09-2020, 01:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We didn't miss him because we have 7 f***ing CB's on the books. There's a good chance he'd have improved that defence were he in it.
To the detriment of the attack.

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:40 PM
bosskeano

just do a damn swap deal with Inter for Perisic and be done with it

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What?
I think he means if you're sitting in Row Z of the stands

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
just do a damn swap deal with Inter for Perisic and be done with it
You're always going on about Ivan Perisic. Let it go Lynn, you're never going to meet him.

Unread 16-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think he means if you're sitting in Row Z of the stands

https://twitter.com/UnitedsRelated/s...96568701382656
Nothing wrong with that. Clear your lines. Danger averted

Unread 16-09-2020, 03:48 PM
windy waffles

If in doubt, hit it out.

Always served me well.

Unread 16-09-2020, 03:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What?
maybe you need to go to youtube and look at our false 9 big mike's goals for united. maguire has scored one screamer in a game that didn't matter and I thought he was supposed to score from every £#%&!ing corner.

Unread 16-09-2020, 04:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
maybe you need to go to youtube and look at our false 9 big mike's goals for united. maguire has scored one screamer in a game that didn't matter and I thought he was supposed to score from every £#%&!ing corner.
Scored a cracking header at Chelsea tbf.

Unread 16-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
maybe you need to go to youtube and look at our false 9 big mike's goals for united. maguire has scored one screamer in a game that didn't matter and I thought he was supposed to score from every f***ing corner.
I thought we bought him so his big stupid head STOPPED shots going in, but £#%&! me was I mocked

Unread 16-09-2020, 04:10 PM
dunk

We were also absolutely shit at taking set-pieces until Bruno arrived, so it's probably going to take Maguire a while to get the hang of actually having something to attack in the opposition's box again. He certainly looks shocked and confused whenever anything actually makes it to him from an attacking corner or freekick

Unread 16-09-2020, 04:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scored a cracking header at Chelsea tbf.
just the one. so, he's scored as many headers against chelsea as he has own goals?
Closed Thread