United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish View Post
Deary me. It's like history repeating itself again and again and again....

Woodward, Judge and all the f***ing rest just keep raising the bar for ineptness in the transfer market
Meanwhile the Vermin made a January signing in December

We are a mockery of a sham.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:18 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Meanwhile the Vermin made a January signing in December

We are a mockery of a sham.
Given our recent diabolical work in the transfer market and having sooo many shit players to get shot of (and boy that's hard) I'd much rather we took our time and got the right players in.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Tbf, we're talking club transfer record money here.

Often when we've had big deals like this: Berbatov, Rooney, Maguire they go to the last minute of the window.

Expect this one to roll on til the deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Given our recent diabolical work in the transfer market and having sooo many shit players to get shot of (and boy that's hard) I'd much rather we took our time and got the right players in.
100% this.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Tbh this one just smacks of classic United to me. There will be no plan B.

Unread 16-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Tbh this one just smacks of classic United to me. There will be no plan B.
Plenty of loan deals available this summer to rush through in the last week if sancho falls through. Also supposed to have at least one alternative winger lined up to buy.

Will be a shitload of deals done in the last week of the window. Probably when weíll get rid of most of our unwanted players too, especially when clubs start panicking after a shit start. Clubs will give up trying to get precovid money and settle for whatever they can get.

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 16-09-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Great another 3 weeks of this!
That's only the international one, it's open for the rest of October for domestic transfers also.

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
That's only the international one, it's open for the rest of October for domestic transfers also.
Even the PL? I didn't know that..

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:17 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Even the PL? I didn't know that..
Just double checked & it's only between PL & EFL clubs, not PL to PL. So limited but it is technically extended from the 5th until the 16th Oct.

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger View Post
Plenty of loan deals available this summer to rush through in the last week if sancho falls through. Also supposed to have at least one alternative winger lined up to buy.

Will be a shitload of deals done in the last week of the window. Probably when weíll get rid of most of our unwanted players too, especially when clubs start panicking after a shit start. Clubs will give up trying to get precovid money and settle for whatever they can get.
Woody couldnít have said it better himself.

Unread 16-09-2020, 02:37 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger View Post
Putting in a transfer request is doing Dortmund a favour.
but he won't put in a formal transfer request so it just really comes down to Dortmund and Woodward....will either one blink?