Unread 27-04-2024, 07:35 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
talks so much shit
Erik Ten Blag

Unread 27-04-2024, 07:51 PM
Dr Stranger

4th went a few weeks ago, so the only thing that was going to save him was improved performances and an FA Cup win. In the last few days we’ve seen two horrific performances with one decent one in between, but still the same chaotic nonsense that is very hard to defend or have any optimism that we can compete in that final

We make every team look better than they are. We have our moments, but the lack of control on games is as bad as I’ve ever seen. I’ve never it trusted a United team less than this one. To the point that pissing away a lead at home to Burnley with a calamitous penalty wasn’t even remotely surprising

New owners don’t typically keep the current boss around, even if they’re doing well.

It’s a £#%&!ing sorry state of affairs and I don’t see many better alternatives, but I’ll be surprised if he’s here next season

Unread 27-04-2024, 07:55 PM
tatty

Surely BJR won’t be daft enough to bring Southgate in.

Clubs dying on its arse as it is

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
Surely BJR won’t be daft enough to bring Southgate in.

Clubs dying on its arse as it is
My brain refuses to believe it’s a serious consideration. He’s not a real manager

They’re more likely to gamble on someone like De Zerbi or Motta, or go with a ‘safe’ bet like Tuchel

Their priority seems to be creating the right environment and changing the manager role to that of a head coach. That’s not something that helps ten hag either. There’s probably less significance placed on a coach. They’re more dispensable, replaceable

There’s been a sense with our recent managers that we ‘must get this one right’, and that feels like it’s because we haven’t had a £#%&!ing clue what to do. We are totally invested and reliant on the guy at the helm. Let’s hope this guys knows what he’s doing…

There’s a video knocking about of the Brighton owner talking about how they’re always planning for the next boss. The replacement in all the roles. They’re after a type of person each time. That’s what INEOS will go with IMO. That’s their ‘model’…because of that, I think they’re more likely to take a punt on a coach and the ramifications won’t be as damaging if they change it

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:11 PM
Zorg

Wonder what'll happen if we somehow beat city?

Just can't see United sacking an oddball Dutch manager immediately after winning the FA Cup.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Wonder what'll happen if we somehow beat city?

Just can't see United sacking an oddball Dutch manager immediately after winning the FA Cup.
It still hurts.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:23 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Tonight. Get in Ole.
evil dies tonight

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:23 PM
BigRonManager

I can’t believe any proper United supporter is happy with what they’re seeing and wants more of it.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:36 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
I can’t believe any proper United supporter is happy with what they’re seeing and wants more of it.
They’re not.

It’s just easier to pretend that’s the case than admit to being wrong on the internet.

It’s symptomatic of the way the whole world has gone in the past decade or so. On any issue you pick a “side” and you stick to it, no matter the evidence placed before your eyes. You must also overstate any perceived positive to your side and set about childishly mocking the other “side” for their imagined sins, on the assumption that they are inherently inferior.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:40 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
I suspect quite a few are doing it out of pure embarrassment/stubbornness after declaring him a "genius" last season for delivering a decentish 6.5/10 season

ole, an actual club legend, was not given the same free pass or excuses by our supporters that this random Dutch guy with next to no charisma or pedigree.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:44 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Not sure how anyone expects us to magically turn it around against city in the final - which is the very last opportunity to save this wretched season

It’s a total mess

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:46 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
I suspect quite a few are doing it out of pure embarrassment/stubbornness after declaring him a "genius" last season for delivering a decentish 6.5/10 season

ole, an actual club legend, was not given the same free pass or excuses by our supporters that this random Dutch guy with next to no charisma or pedigree.
Not a single fan declared him a genius. That's just absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post

Who called him a genius ffs

I have to be honest, I've changed my mind a few times. I don't think there's any shame in that.

I've mostly fallen on the side of giving Erik another season, for two reasons: 1) the other candidates are utter dogshit and 2) we've been through loads of managers since Ferguson and at some point I think we need to weather the storm rather than jumping into the life raft every time the sea gets rough.

It's just that the football is so terrible, the results so wretched and it's so hard to see what the £#%&! he's trying to do, that it's next to impossible to make an argument that he deserves to stay on merit. The only argument is that he has got us to a second successive cup final, a third in total. Which we have very little chance of winning.

If he's sacked, I won't shed any tears. I just have absolutely no faith that the next guy, whoever it is, will do any better. I'm convinced we'll go through the same cycle again, and it could even get worse. I don't think he's a genius, I just have no idea why anyone thinks former Brighton managers who've won £#%&! all would do better.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Siri, show me a strawman argument …

Unread 27-04-2024, 09:00 PM
NedKelly

6.5/10 first season = winning silverware, reaching finals, playing some of the best football we’ve played in over a decade? I’ve read it all now.

Can anyone give just one genuine reason as to why they want Erik Ten Hag sacked?

Unread 27-04-2024, 09:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
6.5/10 first season = winning silverware, reaching finals, playing some of the best football we’ve played in over a decade? I’ve read it all now.

Can anyone give just one genuine reason as to why they want Erik Ten Hag sacked?

Unread 27-04-2024, 09:02 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

I'm shutting the forum unless you can come up with two reasons why ten hag should be sacked.