Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:15 AM
waynes ear's

Try to throw piss over him

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
100%. Ince was thrown out for being a #@&%!y @#%&! but he actually had some justification for being one. Lingard’s 26 and hasn’t even had 1 good season at the club

Also, not sure as many would be as supportive of him if he was throwing heavy metal signs around and was into iron maiden etc.
I'm sure somebody would secretly love him then.

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Rio talking about Lingard's technical qualities and suitability to different styles, rather than just his Instagram account

Quote:
100%. Ince was thrown out for being a #@&%!y @#%&! but he actually had some justification for being one. Lingard’s 26 and hasn’t even had 1 good season at the club

Also, not sure as many would be as supportive of him if he was throwing heavy metal signs around and was into iron maiden etc.
I'm supportive on principle. He's no world beater and he doesn't seem my kind of guy, either. I also have no interest in his fashion stuff. But the idea that he's not allowed to have other interests, as per Keane, or that you have to be a great player to have other interests, as per Ince, is utter nonsense. Ferguson at 75 would no doubt show more perspective than these failed managers who played for him.

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Lok

The lad runs his balls off on the pitch. Plus he's pretty smart in his movement.

Yes, he failed to track Shaqiri late in that game but his legs would have gone by that point. He's normally substituted early due to the amount of miles he puts in.

He's lacking technical ability but there's little wrong with his effort. I suppose most can't see past the fact he dresses and dances like a @#%&!. Like Giggs did in the 90s and Best did in the 60s.

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:47 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Remember that celebration he had with Giggs when he hadn't won a league title yet and had one league cup to his name.

Maybe he should £#%&! off to Liverpool and act the @#%&! in front of United fans instead eh?

Keane and Neville I can take giving some to these lads, but that 1999 gurning traitor can get to £#%&!.
won the fa cup aswel tbh and cup winners cup

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The lad runs his balls off on the pitch. Plus he's pretty smart in his movement.

Yes, he failed to track Shaqiri late in that game but his legs would have gone by that point. He's normally substituted early due to the amount of miles he puts in.

He's lacking technical ability but there's little wrong with his effort. I suppose most can't see past the fact he dresses and dances like a @#%&!. Like Giggs did in the 90s and Best did in the 60s.
I can think of several reasons why two of the greatest players to ever play the game were tolerated over Jesse Lingard.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can think of several reasons why two of the greatest players to ever play the game were tolerated over Jesse Lingard.
True.

But millionaire lads are going to act like millionaire lads. Nothing has changed.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

He's also not a defensive player. 2-1 down at Anfield he's probably hoping to get the ball rather than mark someone in his own box.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:09 AM
browser

Lingard is annoying with his social media and fashion events but he’s not in the side to be a Roy Keane. The squad massively lacks leaders but we shouldn’t be looking to Lingard and Rashford to be those players. You need a spine of leaders who set the example, keeper, fullback, CB, Midfield and CF. We haven’t signed anybody with those qualities in those positions since vidic and mad pat. Mourinho/LVG and Woodward are all to blame for that.

Worryingly, Lingard is one of our few remaining big game players. Maybe it’s because he remembers the standards under Fergie? He always seems to score and play well in the finals and derby’s. That says as much about squad depth as anything, in a functioning, successful squad, he should be the Ji Sung Park equivalent.

The squad needs major surgery, Pogba/Lukaku/Matic/Sanchez and the defenders all need to go and we need to spend about $1bn getting some real standard bearers in to supplement the rest. Key that we get a leader in charge too, the cull needs to start with Mou.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Ince illustrates how the club has changed. Giving it the egotistical big time %@#$&!s back in the 90s got him thrown out of the club. If he was doing that in today’s club environment the commercial department would build their strategy around him, the manager would be unable to discipline or sell him, and the likes of dunk and s/side would be defending him by saying it’s just what modern players do and the fans should get with the times.
This. Is all about standards. Maybe modern players are like thta, the question is whether they should be.

Lingard is a nothing football player, but thinks he’s a player in real life.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Ince is spot on, Lingard is a perfect example of how far our standards have fallen

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:30 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcY-tCc7oGg

Rio talking about Lingard's technical qualities and suitability to different styles, rather than just his Instagram account

I'm supportive on principle. He's no world beater and he doesn't seem my kind of guy, either. I also have no interest in his fashion stuff. But the idea that he's not allowed to have other interests, as per Keane, or that you have to be a great player to have other interests, as per Ince, is utter nonsense. Ferguson at 75 would no doubt show more perspective than these failed managers who played for him.
Spot on.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Jethro

I hope young Jesseh is successful in his ventures outside of Football. Good to see a young man planning for the future. I hope he sends Ince a care package of his garish clothing line. Maybe piss on it for good measure.

Clownbones

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcY-tCc7oGg

Agreed.

puressence

tbh it was fergusons outside interests that completely £#%&!ing ruined the club

Unread 18-12-2018, 10:14 AM
shenwen

Quote:

I’m hearing of one poster who would be all over it

Quote:
He's also not a defensive player. 2-1 down at Anfield he's probably hoping to get the ball rather than mark someone in his own box.
Then he must be more stupid than he looks
This is Mourinho after all

Unread 14-01-2019, 02:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Played well yesterday - ran his arse off and was reasonably effective.

That’s 2 or 3 matches this season that’s he’s been decent.

More of that please.

Unread 14-01-2019, 02:57 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
out of 23 appearances?

great. he's shite

Unread 14-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

seems to be a very important part of ole's side. we've been a little pedestrian without him (newcastle & reading)

Would certainly keep him but would also like to see a much improved version of his best qualities brought in.

some absolute busy body who can pull the oppo aots.

Unread 14-01-2019, 03:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Played well yesterday - ran his arse off and was reasonably effective.

More of that please.
His performance yesterday was much the same as all his other performances tbh. The difference being that everybody else played well as well and we won.

He's an easy scapegoat when they all under perform and we don't win.
Closed Thread