United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
You mean like in the two title winning sides he was in?
I wouldn’t call his title winning teams very good ones. Van Persie stood out a country mile.

Quote:
We don't btw
But that’s the aim, no?

Unread 21-11-2019, 04:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not if you want a team which plays fast, attacking football.
I get that the role of centre backs has changed, but the priority shouldn’t; they still need to be solid defensively first and foremost. Hate to say it, but Smalling is a better defender than Lindelof. Even with McGuire, we’re still way too weak on crosses and set pieces.

Unread 21-11-2019, 05:25 PM
BoJosRedArmy

Smalling is a far, far better defender than lindelof. Yes he's shite on the ball but lindelof is hardly Matthias £#%&!ing Sammer is he?

Unread 21-11-2019, 06:00 PM
utd99

It was clear Lindelof was not a commanding presence in the box from his first pre-season tbh. That’s worrying because it’s fundamental and unlikely to improve much the way pure form can.

Unread 23-11-2019, 03:59 AM
Singy211291

Let him go, we dont need him. Simple

Unread 24-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Vedder

Clean sheet, a goal and an assist today.

Phil Jones on the other hand .....

Unread 24-11-2019, 07:39 PM
armchair

Best out and out defender of our whole squad. Prefer him and Maguire. I think Lindelöf has gone backwards this season.

Unread 25-11-2019, 02:19 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Best out and out defender of our whole squad. Prefer him and Maguire. I think Lindelöf has gone backwards this season.
He defends like a wet hanky.

Every single United player out on loan should have the opportunity to play themselves back into contention if their performances warrant it and they want back in.

Unread 25-11-2019, 07:03 AM
puressence

shouldnt have been allowed to go theres 3 other defenders should have walked first and two played yesterday and the other in incapable of paying more then 2 games on the spin

Unread 27-11-2019, 01:28 PM
dunk

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...urn-manchester

Quote:
Chris Smalling is in the form of his life at Roma – and could still return to Manchester United’s defence
Maguire to Roma to re-ignite his career?

Unread 27-11-2019, 01:52 PM
Jethro

He's tailor made for the Italian game. Keep having flashbacks of his entire body contorting to pass the ball 5 yards.

Unread 27-11-2019, 01:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's tailor made for the Italian game. Keep having flashbacks of his entire body contorting to pass the ball 5 yards.
Baffles me why people can’t see why he’s doing well there. Much slower pace of play, playing against mostly shite week in week out and in a league where climbing all over the striker is considered the norm.

I think he deserved more credit than he got here but he was as much of a liability as Jones.

Unread 27-11-2019, 04:24 PM
BoJosRedArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Baffles me why people can’t see why he’s doing well there. Much slower pace of play, playing against mostly shite week in week out and in a league where climbing all over the striker is considered the norm.

I think he deserved more credit than he got here but he was as much of a liability as Jones.
He's better than Jones, lindelof and bailly

Unread 27-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJosRedArmy
absolutely... still think he's on a par with Maguire.

Unread 27-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

He is doing well over there, because shock horror, he is actually a pretty good player when you strip away all the biases, toxicity and agendas of Utd and judge a player on their performances.

Easy to call it a farmers league now(and I agree it is a weaker level), but go back to when the move was made and there were Utd fans insisting he wouldn't get near the Roma team. Probably the same type of fans who ignore the weakness of Serie A when hyping up the likes of Skriniar and Koulibaly.

An obvious move was to pair Maguire with Smalling, could have disguised some of the former's' defensive issues with a significantly better defender than Lindelof. Of course by now we would probably be blaming Smalling for all the things that Maguire doesn't do well, a longer list than we should be comfortable with tbh, but why change the habits of years.

Unread 27-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Sparky***

Right so smalling is brilliant now?

okey doke.

Unread 27-11-2019, 09:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He is doing well over there, because shock horror, he is actually a pretty good player when you strip away all the biases, toxicity and agendas of Utd and judge a player on their performances.

Easy to call it a farmers league now(and I agree it is a weaker level), but go back to when the move was made and there were Utd fans insisting he wouldn't get near the Roma team. Probably the same type of fans who ignore the weakness of Serie A when hyping up the likes of Skriniar and Koulibaly.

An obvious move was to pair Maguire with Smalling, could have disguised some of the former's' defensive issues with a significantly better defender than Lindelof. Of course by now we would probably be blaming Smalling for all the things that Maguire doesn't do well, a longer list than we should be comfortable with tbh, but why change the habits of years.

Unread 27-11-2019, 09:42 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Under intense pressure from the Fulham attackers and sliced the clearance. Nothing to see here.

Unread 27-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJosRedArmy
As a defender yes. Its his all round ability that lets him down.
He slows the game down and cant seem to make the good pass to set a team up.

The team has to carry him cus his distribution is so bad. Nobody is expecting scholes from him. But if he was able to atleast pass 5-10 yards quickly with a one touch we would benefit so much.

Wouldnt be too much of an issue but seeing as our midfield has been a shit show for the last ten years, he is vastly exposed. If they sell jones and bailley, it would be worth keeping him as a 3rd/ 4th choice CB

Unread 27-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's almost like watching him play 200 odd times for manchester united is a better indicator of his over all ability than a handful of games on loan in italy.
Closed Thread