United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:05 PM
guerreiro

The TV adverts are great. Visit Melbourne have hired Irwin and Robbo to potter around Melbourne saying what they like.

Robbo says he likes the restaurants and bars, next advert he says “let’s go for a coffee”, bit of a continuity fail as the next shot he’s chugging a beer instead

What a life.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:06 PM
utd99

Hopefully ten Hag’s first order of business is to explain to these numbskulls that endless recycling is not actually the point of football. Teams that take 50 passes each possession don’t actually create many chances or score many goals.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I do not get this obsession with Bailly, he’s utter £#%&!ing shit, but for some reason there appears to be some ridiculous belief he’s the one if he’s fit particularly on Twitter

Big Tone
Bailey would have easily got back for their goal but either chopped the guy in half or boot it and have it deflect in.

I think it’s more a case of Bailey is much better than slab for the way ETH wants to play. Neither are good enough, Bailey will put in 3-4 performances of a good standard then get injured or sent off or something silly.

The whole goal is a mess. Elanga and shaw are half a yard to their press, when shaw moved to press either Fred or lindelof (probably lindelof) has to make his move to cover shaws man , he gets there too late, slab is caught in mud on the Turn and if I’m being overly critical heaton could have come off his line a bit , the pass was from a. Distance he had time to close the angle a bit for the attacker .

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:07 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
‘this level’? Australian premier league?

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:07 PM
armchair

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:08 PM
puressence

Ethan coming on buzzing. Garnacho still benched

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:09 PM
Switching Off

Not sure if they work in twitter but both vids link me to a sign up page for MUTV

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:09 PM
Vedder

Martial I bet Haggers is pleasantly surprised with him

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not sure if they work in twitter but both vids link me to a sign up page for MUTV
Both work in Twitter.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Prefer this team....

Charlie savage if you squint, looks like de Jong

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:13 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Bailey would have easily got back for their goal but either chopped the guy in half or boot it and have it deflect in.

I think it’s more a case of Bailey is much better than slab for the way ETH wants to play. Neither are good enough, Bailey will put in 3-4 performances of a good standard then get injured or sent off or something silly.

The whole goal is a mess. Elanga and shaw are half a yard to their press, when shaw moved to press either Fred or lindelof (probably lindelof) has to make his move to cover shaws man , he gets there too late, slab is caught in mud on the Turn and if I’m being overly critical heaton could have come off his line a bit , the pass was from a. Distance he had time to close the angle a bit for the attacker .
*Bailly (he's only been here 6 years ffs)

Also there's literally no intensity in the fixture, pressing / half a yard slow etc is exactly the same thing you'll see in every teams pre-season matches (doubly so the ones on the other side of the planet).

These games are absolutely shite for preparing for a new season, ETH has his work cut out. We really need those 3 new signings in asap to get the quality up & have the guys implement what he needs. No surprise he's concentrated on getting players in that he knows & they know him.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:14 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Prefer this team....
Yep, much better footballing intent.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Better after the goal but £#%&! Harry Maguire. I know he missed training but so did we and we all know how ten wants them to play.

Iqbal

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:25 PM
20LEgend1999

Good choice to cast Telles as Martinez's body double. Wonder what we'll do with him when Lisandro arrives.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:26 PM
Baron

Donny looks like he's playing right up top as a false 9 or something, would be quite helpful if anyone looked to pass into the middle. Pressing really well though.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Laird has a touch of the Maguire's about him..... Very sluggish

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:28 PM
guerreiro

Have to wonder who got the brown envelopes in the Amad transfer. Truck load of money for a midget with a false name that no one’s ever heard of.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Have to wonder who got the brown envelopes in the Amad transfer. Truck load of money for a midget with a false name that no one’s ever heard of.
18 mill up front going up to 38 based on performances? He’s still a young player, not everybody is the finished article at 20

He’s good in tight spaces, clearly he needs to put some muscle on , but there’s potential in him. He needs games, a premier league loan would be good for him. In hindsight the rangers loan was a bad idea but he needs first team experience.

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:36 PM
marlo

elanga is shit. Just shit!

Unread 15-07-2022, 12:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Get well soon Gordon...