United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Do you think these plays just go for a daily 5 miler to earn their 30k a week?

He's finally doing now what he should have been doing years ago.

And he's not as good as Fletcher

he plays in the premiership for a mid table team after only signing for them because one of his football mentor persuaded him too and its worth nothing fergie liked kieran alot (you know this of all people) and only sold him because alot of united fans started to get on his back because of their stereotyping of him being all about 'bling bling'

as a footballer. whose ability would you rather have. fletchers or richardsons.
we both know the answer to that.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:32 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

he plays in the premiership for a mid table team after only signing for them because one of his football mentor persuaded him too and its worth nothing fergie liked kieran alot (you know this of all people) and only sold him because alot of united fans started to get on his back because of their stereotyping of him being all about 'bling bling'

as a footballer. whose ability would you rather have. fletchers or richardsons.
we both know the answer to that.
Yeah, that's why Ferguson sold him.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

btw how's that pig ugly gobshite @#%&! of a relative of his?

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:34 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yeah, that's why Ferguson sold him.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...657225,00.html

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson claims opposition to Kieran Richardson from Manchester United fans forced him to sell him to Sunderland.

The United chief says it was better for the player to move on after he came in for stick from some sections of the Old Trafford faithful.

He let Richardson move to the Stadium of Light in a £5.5million switch in the summer, so linking up with former United team-mate Roy Keane at the Stadium of Light.

Ferguson told the Sunday Express: "I let him go mainly because some fans were getting on his back and I don't like that.

"Kieran has great ability but he isn't going to flourish if he hasn't got everyone behind him.

"So when Sunderland made a good offer, I decided to accept and send him on his way with our best wishes."

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:35 PM
koppas

To be fair, fergie did say that was one of the reasons he sold him.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:38 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
exactly.

it was embarassing to see united fans trying to drive a player out of united for nothing more than rumours.

ever seen richardson drunk coming out of a club? ever actually seen him being rude to fans? did he ever make the headlines for the wrong reasons?

apparantly he disrecpected roy keane so much during his time at ot. so much roy keane made richardson his forst big singing.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Quote:

Marlo 7 Cantona 0

MUFC One Love

Fergie would never sell a player he rated just 'cos of a few fans getting on his back, imo.

Why hasn't Fletcher been sold? Plenty of people have been on his back, Fergie persisted with him, and now, imo, Fletcher is a very good squad player and is no longer the scapegoat he use to be. When he had a run in the side this season he was superb, he's been injured etc and has struggled since, but if I was to see his name on the teamsheet on Tuesday I wouldn't be bothered, nor surprised, 'cos you know he'll do his job well.

magic_cantona

Quote:
One of them, maybe.

The other being that he just isn't/wasn't good enough for United.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Marlo 7 Cantona 0

You honestly believe that was the sole reason that Ferguson got rid?

Have a word with yourself.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Fergie would never sell a player he rated just 'cos of a few fans getting on his back, imo.

Why hasn't Fletcher been sold? Plenty of people have been on his back, Fergie persisted with him, and now, imo, Fletcher is a very good squad player and is no longer the scapegoat he use to be. When he had a run in the side this season he was superb, he's been injured etc and has struggled since, but if I was to see his name on the teamsheet on Tuesday I wouldn't be bothered, nor surprised, 'cos you know he'll do his job well.
was it the same as with richardson?

we both know it wasnt.

richardson was called 'lord snooty' based on absolutely nothing, he was actually one of the most down to earth united players in the squad.
fans booed him, keyed up his mercedes cls, he is singing autographs and #@&%!s who resemble waynes ears come up to him and say 'your not good enough mate'.

the fans were far softer on fletcher. confirmed.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:42 PM
marlo

Quote:

You honestly believe that was the sole reason that Ferguson got rid?

Have a word with yourself.
do you know what 'mainly' means.
Quote:
Ferguson told the Sunday Express: "I let him go mainly because some fans were getting on his back and I don't like that.

"Kieran has great ability but he isn't going to flourish if he hasn't got everyone behind him.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

we both know it wasnt.

richardson was called 'lord snooty' based on absolutely nothing, he was actually one of the most down to earth united players in the squad.
fans booed him, keyed up his mercedes cls, he is singing autographs and #@&%!s who resemble waynes ears come up to him and say 'your not good enough mate'.

How the £#%&! would you know marlers, you've never been near Old Trafford ffs.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:43 PM
koppas

Quote:
exactly. it was embarassing to see united fans trying to drive a player out of united for nothing more than rumours. ever seen richardson drunk coming out of a club? ever actually seen him being rude to fans? did he ever make the headlines for the wrong reasons? apparantly he disrecpected roy keane so much during his time at ot. so much roy keane made richardson his forst big singing.
He was rude to me at half time in the south stand in 2003. I actually posted on the other side at the time. Bayer leverkusen game. Then again, i would be rude to a drunken turk trying to shake my hand.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Tronics

woah.

didn't know he did that much to get himself back to his best.

props!!

looked good against Arsenal though, looks more comfortable playing the middle too i reckon.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:45 PM
magic_cantona

Question for Richardson fans.

Will Kieron Richardson play for a 'top 4' club or top european club before the end of his career?

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:46 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Kieran Richardson subjected himself to a Rocky-style training regime to reignite his Sunderland and England dreams.

Richardson dragged tyres to gain strength, did repetition runs up the stairs at his apartment block, jogged around town with his hoodie on and pushed himself so hard he was regularly sick.
some world class boys on our estate

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

we both know it wasnt.

That's fair enough, but imo I just think if Fergie rates someone he doesn't let them go just 'cos of fans getting on their backs.

He is a decent player, he has pace, looks a lot stronger and has a superb shot, however it doesn't always mean you will make it at a big club and I think Sunderland is about his level.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:47 PM
marlo

Quote:

Will Kieron Richardson play for a 'top 4' club or top european club before the end of his career?
maybe not but not everyone can play in top 4 teams and tbh its better for young english players to play in 5-8 placed teams(young, agbonlahor, reo coker etc) and richardson will move clubs by the summer.

Unread 22-02-2009, 07:48 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up somewhere like Liverpool if he had a good run at Sunderland tbh.
Closed Thread