United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:33 PM
Joe Biden

Imagine he had to take any real stick like Beckham or Ronaldo back in the day. Different characters, different mentalitys. Winners.

The club is in desperate need of a backbone.

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:34 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He earns 200k a week? Surely these two aren’t on that much?!
Lingard is on around £80k per week, going by the news that Newcastle were going to increase it, to capture his signature.

Mata on £160k per week, as reported.

Unread 16-03-2022, 10:53 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Imagine he had to take any real stick like Beckham or Ronaldo back in the day. Different characters, different mentalitys. Winners.

The club is in desperate need of a backbone.

What a bunch of fannies the club is populated with.

Tbh it’s a toxic club now and we need a complete reset

Unread 17-03-2022, 02:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
He'll be crying like Naomi Osaka next

I've been wondering myself when the mental health card will get played. His team currently working on the overarching narrative and key messaging. Setting up a sad face photoshoot.

"More tears Marcus, more tears"

Like others have said, I'd have much more respect if he'd told them to go £#%&! themselves and left it at that. Instead he has to respond and invoke the Streisand effect.

Unread 17-03-2022, 07:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Speaks volumes that his people were more concerned with how he’d be perceived on social media after losing his rag than how awful he’s been playing for over a year
He's an idiot.

This is what you get when things are in the press about you wanting out when you are a disgrace on the pitch.

The fans will turn on some on this lot soon and they deserve everything they get.

Unread 17-03-2022, 09:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He's an idiot.

This is what you get when things are in the press about you wanting out when you are a disgrace on the pitch.

The fans will turn on some on this lot soon and they deserve everything they get.
Living in a social media bubble managed by others was bound to have that effect. Nice reality check for him and rest of team I hope about who pays a big chink of their wages.

Unread 17-03-2022, 09:32 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Living in a social media bubble managed by others was bound to have that effect. Nice reality check for him and rest of team I hope about who pays a big chink of their wages.
I know times are hard in HK but there's no need for that.

Unread 17-03-2022, 09:40 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Wow, auto correct yeah ?

Unread 17-03-2022, 09:47 AM
shenwen

Chinese fans are real fans too

Unread 17-03-2022, 10:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
You’d like to think so but these guys are so close together wouldn’t surprise me if his brother is running the PR side it all. It’s always how they look rather that what they do ( not just rashford , including lingard and pogba in that)

I honestly was all up for keeping rashford despite his shit form till his PR went blabbing about wanting to play more games. Even if it is an excuse to get a new contract. He is on 200k a week and some nothing to justify an increase. A competent run club will tell him to go £#%&! off, fergie did it loads of times the moment the player got to big for his boots , ince, Beckham, van nistelrooy etc all better players told to £#%&! off because the team came first.

Naturally with so many players leaving they’ll offer pogba a wage increase and try to get him to stay. I think luckily they aren’t making champions league next year so even he wouldn’t stay just for the money.

Rashford will get a new deal and Pochettino will baby him . It’s how you have to treat the current crop in the squad . Just baby them all because none of these morons act like adults who respect the fans or the club they play for

Quote:

I've been wondering myself when the mental health card will get played. His team currently working on the overarching narrative and key messaging. Setting up a sad face photoshoot.

"More tears Marcus, more tears"

Like others have said, I'd have much more respect if he'd told them to go £#%&! themselves and left it at that. Instead he has to respond and invoke the Streisand effect.
He went from zero to one of the biggest names in football at 18 in a matter of months. I think there is an element of ego and not needing to work hard to better yourself.

One of the best things we had before was the best sports psychologist in the world in Alex Ferguson. He knew how to handle situations , esp with youngsters . Even if some of them turned out to be @#%&!s outside of football, I can’t remember a time when any of them weren’t working hard for him or the club.

Unread 17-03-2022, 12:04 PM
armchair

Marcus Rashford 'jets off for a short break to clear his head' after hitting out at Manchester United fans who abused him in the wake of dismal Champions League last-16 defeat against Atletico Madrid
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=149 0

Poor guy, hope he's ok.

Unread 17-03-2022, 12:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Marcus Rashford 'jets off for a short break to clear his head' after hitting out at Manchester United fans who abused him in the wake of dismal Champions League last-16 defeat against Atletico Madrid

Poor guy, hope he's ok.
'Abused' him ffs.

Guy needs to £#%&! off pronto.

Unread 17-03-2022, 12:19 PM
silv

He's obviously a good hearted guy... but he's not cut out to make it as a top pro as it stands. He's too soft.

Unread 17-03-2022, 12:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Poor guy, hope he's ok.
This is a bit unfair. They’re all on Holiday. But they want to put the screw into him. £#%&! the daily mail. I hate the squad but il always hate the rags more

Unread 17-03-2022, 12:36 PM
Selhurst Samurai

If he wants to maintain his image and PR standing then I’m not sure he can leave.

His whole persona is built around the local boy done well. If he leaves Manchester (assuming City wouldn’t want him anyway) that kind of goes out the window.

Unread 17-03-2022, 01:32 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
If he wants to maintain his image and PR standing then I’m not sure he can leave.

His whole persona is built around the local boy done well. If he leaves Manchester (assuming City wouldn’t want him anyway) that kind of goes out the window.

He probably hates his image, his handlers have got him in over his head.

Unread 17-03-2022, 01:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai

Also I can’t see him going abroad. Probably Chelsea or bust . They have their own issues

Unread 17-03-2022, 01:47 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
This is a bit unfair. They’re all on Holiday. But they want to put the screw into him. £#%&! the daily mail. I hate the squad but il always hate the rags more
The benefits of being knocked out of the FA cup to Middlesboro.

Unread 17-03-2022, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Hope they all enjoy their hard earned break. One of the benefits of being shit is that you get nice long breaks while proper teams try and win things.

Well done lads!

Unread 17-03-2022, 04:06 PM
dunk

May as well have 3 weeks in Dubai tbh.

Don’t kick a ball or anything, might do him the World of good.

£750k for 3 weeks holiday. I’d retire off that tbh
Closed Thread