United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Other than him ‘getting us’ I’m not sure what makes him qualified to manage us tbh.
I believe his qualifications (UEFA Pro Licence), and his past experience managing football teams helps.

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:03 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I believe his qualifications (UEFA Pro Licence), and his past experience managing football teams helps.
Great.

So we’d all be happy with Steve Evans as our next manager based on his qualifications too?

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:05 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Managing Cardiff and Molde qualifies him to manage Man United?

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Great.

So we’d all be happy with Steve Evans as our next manager based on his qualifications too?
Probably not, no

He is still qualified to manage in top level football though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Managing Cardiff and Molde qualifies him to manage Man United?
Along with the coaching badges he has, yes.

There are quite a few managers who have got into managing top sides without even managing anything other than youth set ups.

Vast or even minor prior experience at a top level club isn't a prerequisite for glorious success.

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:38 AM
marlo

Quote:
Probably not, no

He is still qualified to manage in top level football though.

Along with the coaching badges he has, yes.

There are quite a few managers who have got into managing top sides without even managing anything other than youth set ups.

Vast or even minor prior experience at a top level club isn't a prerequisite for glorious success.
would winning games at united be a critical part of being a 'glorious success'?
or isn't that important..?

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I would think it is.

Unfortunately we failed to win enough games to achieve glorious success under managers with decades at the top flight, along with multiple domestic and European title wins on their respective CV's.

Unread 17-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Winning 11 on the bounce and overturning a first leg defeat away in Paris as a caretaker probably helped .

Unread 17-10-2019, 11:03 AM
puressence

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ifcation-small

Unread 17-10-2019, 11:21 AM
AK14

Makes you wonder if this has been on the cards since the summer tbh.

Dybala etc...

So it’s looking more and more likely that the news of a change in stranger strategy was just made up %@#$&!s...

Unread 17-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Woodward is the poison, Pogba is a symptom.
Fair point

Unread 17-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Great.

Don’t know. Does he have respect from being a united player, does he fit the club’s vision, is he in tune with what the fans want and does he know what the problems are that needs fixing?

Quote:
Wasn’t for fergie in the beginning, no. But the work in those early years lead to being a glorious success.

How about judging him on what he’s doing and intends to do in relation to the club’s issues.

Unread 17-10-2019, 03:13 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

still a weapon

Unread 17-10-2019, 03:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Don’t know. Does he have respect from being a united player, does he fit the club’s vision, is he in tune with what the fans want and does he know what the problems are that needs fixing?.
So yeah, it basically comes back to my initial point of other than ‘he gets us’ what makes him qualified to manage United.

You think the club has a vision? The only vision the club has to make money.

The fans want to see attacking football I’d guess? he hasn’t given us that since February and it doesn’t look like changing any time soon

Does Ole know what the problems are? He sold a striker without replacing him when it was known to everyone we struggle to score goals and have done under the last two managers.

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
So yeah, it basically comes back to my initial point of other than ‘he gets us’ what makes him qualified to manage United.

You think the club has a vision? The only vision the club has to make money.
Yes, but there’s been a clear change in strategy due to the wastefulness and mess of the previous 6 years. The vision is to change the culture at the club by signing youngish players with good character who want to play for united. That benefits both us fans and the money men.

Quote:
The fans want to see attacking football I’d guess? he hasn’t given us that since February and it doesn’t look like changing any time soon
So, do you think he has no intention of building a team in united’s traditions?

There’s a reason fergie’s united didn’t start playing good attacking football until the 91-92 season. The football reflects the dressing room; quality, character, attitude, confidence and unity.

Quote:
Does Ole know what the problems are? He sold a striker without replacing him when it was known to everyone we struggle to score goals and have done under the last two managers.
Clearly he does know what the problems are. Moreso than us. Doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes, get unlucky or be let down by those above him.

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yes, but there’s been a clear change in strategy due to the wastefulness and mess of the previous 6 years. The vision is to change the culture at the club by signing youngish players with good character who want to play for united. That benefits both us fans and the money men.

So, do you think he has no intention of building a team in united’s traditions?

There’s a reason fergie’s united didn’t start playing good attacking football until the 91-92 season. The football reflects the dressing room; quality, character, attitude and unity.

Clearly he does know what the problems are. Doesn’t mean he can’t make mistakes, get unlucky or be let down by those above him.
There’s isn’t a clear change in strategy imo. We’ve had one summer where we haven’t signed any one over 30 or foreign yet are heavily linked with a 33 yr old Croatian striker for January. If we want a manager that emphasis good character in his players then we may as well hire Brendan Rodgers.

This isn’t the 90’s and ole isn’t fergie.

It’s not clear he knows what the problems are at all.

I don’t want Allegri at this point because it would be yet another change in direction and so soon after the last would be a huge mistake imo. But the blind loyalty towards Ole needs to stop and let’s start calling it what it is, because we’ve been getting worse by the game and he needs to do what any other manager has to do and that’s find a way to motivate the squad and win games because at the moment it looks like his main qualification for the job is ‘he gets us’ which utterly ridiculous.

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:31 PM
jem

jammy... ole's apologist.... explain bringing chong on to save the game against newcastle?

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Whiteside onside

Still think Ole will be gone after the Liverpool game.

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:43 PM
d_knight

I think he should have walked.
There's no shame on him if he does walk.
Everyone and their dog knows it's the players and the glazers+woowar that's let him down.

In fact I'm rather more confused what he's hanging on for

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
I think he should have walked.
There's no shame on him if he does walk.
Everyone and their dog knows it's the players and the glazers+woowar that's let him down.

In fact I'm rather more confused what he's hanging on for
His payout for being sacked.

Unread 17-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
There’s isn’t a clear change in strategy imo. We’ve had one summer where we haven’t signed any one over 30 or foreign yet are heavily linked with a 33 yr old Croatian striker for January. If we want a manager that emphasis good character in his players then we may as well hire Brendan Rodgers.

This isn’t the 90’s and ole isn’t fergie.

It’s not clear he knows what the problems are at all.
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Clearly not.
Closed Thread