United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Begovic made a couple of decent saves from Shaw and Lingard. All he had to do was stand there though when Rashford brainlessly drilled the ball at him.
Begovic didn't save it. It was blocked by Ake.

Unread 04-11-2018, 05:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Fred and Lingards misses from 12 yards with a keeper to beat were not as bad as Rashford's from 4 yards with no keeper to beat.

If anything, Pogba's miss after Ake blocked Rashford's initial shot was as bad if not worse.

He seemed to do his best to miss the winner too. I don't buy this 'kept his cool' argument. Looked to me like it wouldn't sit for him and the defender does swing and miss his clearance.

However, that's just a lack of confidence from not scoring much recently. Hopefully that brings a bit more confidence in front of goal from now. He needed a moment like that. I hope he starts in Turin. That would be another big vote of confidence for the lad. If he can cause problems there, he could really kick on

And generally, we look better with him and/or Sanchez in there than Lukaku.
Very harsh. He knew it was best to wait for it. He basically judged the situation far better than the defender.

Quote:
Begovic didn't save it. It was blocked by Ake.
Yep, although even calling that a block is generous. Rashford did just kick it straight at him. Was a dreadful miss.

Unread 04-11-2018, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Middle ground on this forum is rarer than an interesting RiC post.
Well what can I say? Flattered that I am in your thoughts, I suppose

Unread 04-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Fred and Lingards misses from 12 yards with a keeper to beat were not as bad as Rashford's from 4 yards with no keeper to beat.

If anything, Pogba's miss after Ake blocked Rashford's initial shot was as bad if not worse.

He seemed to do his best to miss the winner too. I don't buy this 'kept his cool' argument. Looked to me like it wouldn't sit for him and the defender does swing and miss his clearance.

However, that's just a lack of confidence from not scoring much recently. Hopefully that brings a bit more confidence in front of goal from now. He needed a moment like that. I hope he starts in Turin. That would be another big vote of confidence for the lad. If he can cause problems there, he could really kick on :vigil
And generally, we look better with him and/or Sanchez in there than Lukaku.
Pogbas wasn’t a miss, it was a deflection he knew little about . Rashford needed that goal , hopefully it will have same effect on him as It did for Martial

Unread 04-11-2018, 07:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well what can I say? Flattered that I am in your thoughts, I suppose
Always sweetcheeks.

Unread 04-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very harsh. He knew it was best to wait for it. He basically judged the situation far better than the defender.

Yep, although even calling that a block is generous. Rashford did just kick it straight at him. Was a dreadful miss.
It was right to wait, but then it looked like the chance had gone when that defender swung for it. Thankfully, it fell for him.

He needed a break and a big goal like that and we looked better once he was on.

Hope he can get a bit of Martial-esque momentum.

Things would be a lot rosier if Jose let that front lot off the leash a bit. It's clearly our strength .

Not holding my breath though.

Unread 04-11-2018, 08:09 PM
rubbernecker

Rashford goes joint leader with Scholes and RVP as scorers of winning goals in extra time

Unread 04-11-2018, 08:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
It was right to wait, but then it looked like the chance had gone when that defender swung for it. Thankfully, it fell for him.

He needed a break and a big goal like that and we looked better once he was on.

Hope he can get a bit of Martial-esque momentum.

Things would be a lot rosier if Jose let that front lot off the leash a bit. It's clearly our strength .

Not holding my breath though.
C’mon mate, it’s Siders. He hesitated, defender had a swing and miss, Rasher’s got a fortunate second bite at it. Well done for being in the right place at the right time, would have preferred he bagged the sitter though.

Unread 04-11-2018, 08:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Rashford goes joint leader with Scholes and RVP as scorers of winning goals in extra time

More than Ole?

Unread 04-11-2018, 09:12 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

More than Ole?
I think it was winning goals and it was only 2 a piece anyway

Unread 04-11-2018, 10:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
C’mon mate, it’s Siders. He hesitated, defender had a swing and miss, Rasher’s got a fortunate second bite at it. Well done for being in the right place at the right time, would have preferred he bagged the sitter though.
For someone who often complains about people (who don’t agree with him) lacking objectivity, that’s a shocking - if unsurprising - take Rashford deliberately paused to take the chance at the right time. It was the opposite of snatching at it. Great play.

Martial and Rashers currently ruining your sage tbf. Stay strong pal.

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:24 AM
utd99

Quote:
For someone who often complains about people (who don’t agree with him) lacking objectivity, that’s a shocking - if unsurprising - take Rashford deliberately paused to take the chance at the right time. It was the opposite of snatching at it. Great play.

Martial and Rashers currently ruining your sage tbf. Stay strong pal.
utter slant eyed bullshit.

So he knew the defender was going to boot air, is that it? C’mon now...

Listen, if Martial and Rashford bag 30 each this season i’ll be delighted because I support United, however, unlike some, I just say what I see even if it contradicts my previous position. I don’t need people to agree, just be honest, that’s all.

Unread 05-11-2018, 01:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
utter slant eyed bullshit.

So he knew the defender was going to boot air, is that it? C’mon now...

Listen, if Martial and Rashford bag 30 each this season i’ll be delighted because I support United, however, unlike some, I just say what I see even if it contradicts my previous position. I don’t need people to agree, just be honest, that’s all.
So you'll happily give Rashford some credit if he scores 30 goals this season off the wing?

You're a fair man, pal. Accept my apologies.

Unread 05-11-2018, 01:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
So you'll happily give Rashford some credit if he scores 30 goals this season off the wing?

Well that wouldn’t be fair, because I think we can both agree it’s unfair to expect someone playing wide to score or create.

Atm I’d take a regular contribution from any position, how about that?

And no.

Unread 05-11-2018, 01:30 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

He probably missed that open net from 2 yards because he was on the wing as well.

Unread 05-11-2018, 01:32 PM
utd99

Or Mourinho doesn’t cuddle him enough.

Unread 05-11-2018, 01:45 PM
MartialLaw

What's all this martial and Rashford %@#$&!s?

One has the potential to be a genuine world class player, the other is dogshit who will end up at Sunderland.

Unread 05-11-2018, 02:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
What's all this martial and Rashford %@#$&!s?

One has the potential to be a genuine world class player, the other is dogshit who will end up at Sunderland.
He's not dogshit - he's just not as good as Martial or at a level where he should be the first choice number 9 for Man United.

Unread 05-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He's not dogshit - he's just not as good as Martial or at a level where he should be the first choice number 9 for Man United.
A better option than our current number 9.

Unread 05-11-2018, 02:41 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
A better option than our current number 9.
Agree, there’s far more worthy targets of ire in this team. Rashford is one of a select few I’d keep.
Closed Thread