everyone wants to see bebe
you know it Plope

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:10 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default Re: Fergie sticks it to MUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
it took its time they've been open sale for weeks
I think 75,000 sell-out for a Monday night in the middle of the holiday season when a few thousand have given up is pretty incredible, even if it did take weeks to sell-out

be interesting to see the crowds for the next few games after that....

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Seriously though, do you think that Fergie really supports the Glazers ? Does he think that they are the best thing for United, that the club will go from strength to strength under their stewardship ? Is he really happy and content with the situation and doesn't want it to be changed ?

I know he's old, but he's not that daft.

I don't know why he says the things he does, but he cannot believe that the current ownership situation is the best thing for the club... he just can't.
Right before everyone starts rewriting history, he has talked on the subject many times. He doesn't restrict his answers to one word answers or try and sit on the fence. He stands shoulder to shoulder with the Glazers. He could easily say he's focussing on the team and just as the board don't get involved in picking the team, he's leaving the business side to get on with whatever it does. Easy. He doesn't though, does he? He's like Tufty and Throb ffs.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:12 PM
redwhiteandblack

Shame the protest didn't start earlier we may have have won the league.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I think 75,000 sell-out for a Monday night in the middle of the holiday season when a few thousand have given up is pretty incredible, even if it did take weeks to sell-out

We've filled it against shitter teams for years and years. When was the last league game OT wasn't sold out? Newcastle back up, they have a lot of fans pissed off at watching them play shit teams week in week out. This will be their game of the season, they'll all be trying to get tickets.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblack

shame Valencia missed that sitter at Sheepburn we might have won the league

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:14 PM
elephantstone

Green and gold until the scarves are sold

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblack

Imagine that as a banner with the slogan "The only thing affecting the team is that leech you call an excellent owner. Where's the cash Malcom?".

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:16 PM
wonky no

Quote:

we've never struggled in the past though, kev even when the petrol strike was on etc.

i was offered two earlier on at £44 each. people don't want to pay it. season ticket sales are one thing and a few thousand haven't renewed (55,000 sold i think) but the fact that those tickets took this long to sell on open sale speaks volumes.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
We've filled it against shitter teams for years and years. When was the last league game OT wasn't sold out? Newcastle back up, they have a lot of fans pissed off at watching them play shit teams week in week out. This will be their game of the season, they'll all be trying to get tickets.
doubt it the @#%&!s will sell out their allocation but that's it

pretty sure Reading wasn't sold out or the Jawdies the last time when we drew 0-0

you can't honestly say that you thought the sold out signs would be up for this one

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

hilarious, I'm being slagged off by the biggest gobshite on the forum

you £#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
we've never struggled in the past though, kev even when the petrol strike was on etc.

i was offered two earlier on at £44 each. people don't want to pay it. season ticket sales are one thing and a few thousand haven't renewed (55,000 sold i think) but the fact that those tickets took this long to sell on open sale speaks volumes.
we weren't £800 million in debt or sold the best player in the world and STILL not spent his fee when the petrol strike was on ....I thought we'd be lucky to get 70,000 on Monday

it's Peatlemania that's what it is

wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Imagine that as a banner with the slogan "The only thing affecting the team is that leech you call an excellent owner. Where's the cash Malcom?".
catchy

Cream

Well at least he's not saying 'aren't the glazers great?'.

THe way I LIKE to see it is that he's decided - rightly or wrongly - to stay on despite the Glazers, and has acted as 'presidentially' as possible since then. All his mind games are about upsetting the applecart at rival clubs, any tiny advantage, and publically bleating about lack of funds attracts the wrong kind of attention.

I would've preferred him not to do that, but that's a matter of opinion.

And I wish he'd just shut the £#%&! up now.

IN fairness, MUST should've called for a boycott. not many innocents in this.

Spiffy

Quote:
doubt it the @#%&!s will sell out their allocation but that's it

pretty sure Reading wasn't sold out or the Jawdies the last time when we drew 0-0

you can't honestly say that you thought the sold out signs would be up for this one
I have less faith in our match going regulars than you do. I hope I'm wrong and this is the start of the big push but it's more likely the start of the end of the protests, until we sell Rooney next summer.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Green and gold until the scarves are sold

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

firstly KFC is correct about the ticket sales in previous seasons early games

secondly, nowhere near as many people have the same amount of spare cash that they're prepared to throw at a PL game atm, with the tory cuts still to take full effect as well. surely the G&G etc aren't going to even try and take full credit for anything but a percentage of any empty seats?

i obviously agree that £44 is a put off though. same price as the colin bell stand last season that - far too much...

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:26 PM
£#%&! KFC

£44 must be for those quadrant seats or main stand

the only reason I was able to afford to renew was because my season ticket cost £200 less this year...it's now £26 a game which is not bad considering how much it costs elsewhere

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:28 PM
elephantstone

I have a spare

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I have a spare
I need two mate
Closed Thread