Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default Fergie sticks it to MUST

over green and gold.....it's obviously annoying him

One situation clouds the new season and that is the continued opposition to
the Glazer family,”
“I have no problem with the green and gold campaign. Fans are entitled to
protest as they see fit. But not to the detriment of the team.
“The fact is that the Glazer family own Manchester United and until such time
as they decide they want to sell, they will stay as owners regardless of the
opposition.
“So it comes down to the extent of the protest. What I don’t want to see is
Manchester United mired in so much controversy that it deflects our purpose of winning matches.

“I see that one of the protest groups has come up with a slogan along the
lines of ”New Season, Same Goal“.
“I know what they have in mind but I just wish they meant that once again we will all be united, busting a gut to win something big; in that sense it is not
a bad slogan"

pretty much repeating what he's said before

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:44 PM
safingtons

Default Re: Fergie sticks it to MUST

Says nothing wrong but there really isnt any need for it, dont give it any attention ...

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Says nothing wrong but there really isnt any need for it, dont give it any attention ...
it's in the programme on Monday be pretty hard not to 'give it attention'

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Whip Hubley

I absolutely cannot understand why all these 'protesters' can't just accept the fact that ticket prices will continue to rise above the level of inflation. I for one am happy to pay obscene amounts week in week out and not see my investment actually be put into the future of the club.

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:50 PM
plopborsky

agree with fergie be nice if everyone was 100% behind united both in terms of supporting the team and backing them off the pitch.

but with them @#%&!s in charge it aint going to happen so he should just stop going on about it

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ferguson's red and white army

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:56 PM
carlosartorial

The G&G hasn't affected the support for the team in tbd slightest - if anything it focused minds and improved the atmosphere within the ground.

Don't know what the £#%&! he is going on about tbh.

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Spiffy

He really needs to shut the £#%&! up about it. It's time he started supporting the fans, remember them? They pay his £#%&!ing wages, not the Glazers. He must have shares in www.taintyourlegacy.com

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:59 PM
wonky no

everyone 'united' behind the team?

does that include the £#%&!ing glazers? i don't see how putting the club in debt is helping us move forward "behind the team" holding our very assets as payment.

pity we haven't sold out for newcastle. first time in donkeys, theres a reason for that. have a word with the twits who own us instead of trying to convince the paying fan that he's wrong to be pissed off.

infact fergie just shut the £#%&! up about it, you're hardly going to start a revolution by prattling on in the over priced programme. only the trippers buy it anyway.

Unread 14-08-2010, 02:59 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

"What I don’t want to see is Manchester United mired in so much controversy that it deflects our purpose of winning matches."

Thats a bit Rich considering his past.

Just wish he'd keep his mouth shut tbh.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Albert Tatlock

Maybe he wants to draw media attention to the protest, but he can't openly support it, so he just keeps on mentioning it, knowing that his comments will be reported in the press.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:00 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Maybe he wants to draw media attention to the protest, but he can't openly support it, so he just keeps on mentioning it, knowing that his comments will be reported in the press.

Aye. Thats it.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
My thinking too. It's hardly like he is fulsome in his support for the gimps, is it??

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
You've been living in Borsukland too long. He's doing it for the same reason Gill defends them. A salary in excess of £1M per year. £4M in Fergie's case. I'd say Malcolm Glazers #@&%! was chocolate flavoured for that much but I wouldn't have the nerve to criticise those whose custom got me the salary. It's just biting the hand that feeds.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
everyone 'united' behind the team?

does that include the £#%&!ing glazers? i don't see how putting the club in debt is helping us move forward "behind the team" holding our very assets as payment.

pity we haven't sold out for newcastle. first time in donkeys, theres a reason for that. have a word with the twits who own us instead of trying to convince the paying fan that he's wrong to be pissed off.

infact fergie just shut the £#%&! up about it, you're hardly going to start a revolution by prattling on in the over priced programme. only the trippers buy it anyway.
the Newcastle game IS sold out....MOTWYW

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:04 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You've been living in Borsukland too long. He's doing it for the same reason Gill defends them. A salary in excess of £1M per year. £4M in Fergie's case. I'd say Malcolm Glazers #@&%! was chocolate flavoured for that much but I wouldn't have the nerve to criticise those whose custom got me the salary. It's just biting the hand that feeds.
Spot on.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
My thinking too. It's hardly like he is fulsome in his support for the gimps, is it??
Seriously though, do you think that Fergie really supports the Glazers ? Does he think that they are the best thing for United, that the club will go from strength to strength under their stewardship ? Is he really happy and content with the situation and doesn't want it to be changed ?

I know he's old, but he's not that daft.

I don't know why he says the things he does, but he cannot believe that the current ownership situation is the best thing for the club... he just can't.

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:06 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:07 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
the Newcastle game IS sold out....MOTWYW
it took its time they've been open sale for weeks

Unread 14-08-2010, 03:07 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC