United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:20 AM
safingtons

Default Carlitos Tevez: "Football doesn't make me happy or as fulfilled as before"

Carlos Tevez: I'm unhappy after World Cup hell and I'm looking forward to leaving Europe

Carlos Tevez has admitted falling out of love with life in England and looked forward to the day he returned to Argentina.

The 26-year-old has long signalled that he will not play on long into his thirties and disappointment with his country's World Cup campaign has left him again considering his future.

Tevez has little intention of seeing out the four years left on his City contract and said:

'There is only a little time remaining before I retire. It is very difficult to play football if you are not happy.

'I am finding it very difficult to recover since the World Cup, I dreamed of returning to Argentina with the trophy.

'There were no fights in the World Cup, everything was positive, but it was the hardest thing that I've ever had to experience.

'Every day I have less will to continue playing in Europe. I will be there for two or three more years and then I will think about heading back to Argentina.'

'Every day I have less will to continue playing in Europe, and to carry on playing football.

And Tevez hinted that his family's wellbeing could see him quit the game in 'two or three more years'.

'For the last year I haven't lived with my daughters, they are growing up and I'm getting worn down.

'After returning from South Africa I though about quitting football, but I have a large family and now I have to continue.

'Football doesn't make me happy or as fulfilled as before. It becomes difficult to play like this,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ng-Europe.html

Lump in my throat after reading that, literally fighting back the tears. This is partly our fault, we didn't do right by someone who was one of us, he was born in the stands.

This is far worse than the Stam gaffe. Stringing Carlitosa long for two years knowing you had no intention of signing him, it was karma that Benzema rejected us, absolute karma for the disgusting way we behaved. I'm flabbergasted whenever a United fan is bitter about Tevez, it's all our own fault.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Mr_Ed

Default Re: Carlitos Tevez: "Football doesn't make me happy or as fulfilled as before"

Yeah... all that travelling round Europe with Citeh must have deprived him of some 'quality' time with his kids.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:22 AM
BarryX

Default Re: Carlitos Tevez: "Football doesn't make me happy or as fulfilled as before"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

Lump in my throat after reading that, literally fighting back the tears. This is partly our fault, we didn't do right by someone who was one of us, he was born in the stands.

This is far worse than the Stam gaffe. Stringing Carlitosa long for two years knowing you had no intention of signing him, it was karma that Benzema rejected us, absolute karma for the disgusting way we behaved.
fact or opinion ?

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Stubbsy

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up Re: Carlitos Tevez: "Football doesn't make me happy or as fulfilled as before"

Thats what happens when you play for city.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:25 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
fact or opinion ?
That seems to be the story, we could have made the deal permanent any time after the loan deal began, the first date was October 2007 according to Gill then it kept being pushed back then we all saw how it ended, with a pathetic token offer in June 2009 just to appease fans when they knew all along Tevez had done a deal with another club and they were gonna go for Benzema.

Then we ended up with Owen. Michael £#%&!ing Owen. He took the number 7 shirt just to rub it in further.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Sparky***

Oh £#%&!off. Nothing worse than hearing a £#%&!ing millionaire bleating from the comfort of his mansion.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
That seems to be the story, we could have made the deal permanent any time after the loan deal began, the first date was October 2007 according to Gill then it kept being pushed back then we all saw how it ended, with a pathetic token offer in June 2009 just to appease fans when they knew all along Tevez had done a deal with another club and they were gonna go for Benzema.

Then we ended up with Owen. Michael £#%&!ing Owen. He took the number 7 shirt just to rub it in further.
That was baffling tbf. Still grates with me. I'm not an Owen hater either.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Darth Vidic

I really don't understand why Fergie elected to dismantle our attack that won us the european cup and spent £30 million on a completely different type of player.

Reading this though - I don't think it would have made much difference if he was still with us, he would still probably want to leave in a few years so it wouldn't have been worth spending that money on him either (little resale value)

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Camel

tevez in being a @#%&! shocker!!!

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Grimson

Quote:

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:33 AM
naes_sean

Quote:

This is far worse than the Stam gaffe. Stringing Carlitosa long for two years knowing you had no intention of signing him, it was karma that Benzema rejected us, absolute karma for the disgusting way we behaved. I'm flabbergasted whenever a United fan is bitter about Tevez, it's all our own fault.
you have got to be £#%&!ing joking.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:42 AM
MJ Ramone

Should never have let the Lad leave.
He was a 'United' player as far as I'm concerned. He 'got it' ...the whole Boca Jnrs/Maradona link was right up our 'cult-status' street.

Still can't understand why Fergie threw Berbatov into the mix?? ...talk about upsetting the Double Winning applecart.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
He was a 'United' player as far as I'm concerned. He 'got it' ...the whole Boca Jnrs/Maradona link was right up our 'cult-status' street.

Still can't understand why Fergie threw Berbatov into the mix?? ...talk about upsetting the Double Winning applecart.
Boca Juniors are the Liverpool of South America.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
This.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Camel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
you have got to be £#%&!ing joking.
is one part of the usa inherently more stupid than another?

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:49 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Never made that connection myself.

I'm no expert, but I've always been drawn to their lunatic fanbase & the way Maradona is literally treated like a God.

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:49 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
I knew that'd piss you off

Unread 13-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Never made that connection myself.

I'm no expert, but I've always been drawn to their lunatic fanbase & the way Maradona is literally treated like a God.
1. They have almost never played attractive football.
2. They've won half their Copa Libertadores titles on penalties.
3. Maradona was only there one season before he went to Europe.
4. They put a star on their badge for every trophy they win, including lots of tin pot one-off competitions that were little more than exhibitions.

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

If the rumours are true and Citeh are paying nearly 42m for him then is it any wonder?

Shit he's a good striker but I'd rather him be saying this in the blue of Citeh than us...
Closed Thread