United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2010, 08:22 AM
irk

Default Re: Wigan Athletic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
was away this weekend. no internet. no punters.
Now we have it. Look at me I've been away from my keyboard. Having fun "in real life". With actual people. You make me sick.

Where've you been sparklehorse?

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:37 AM
My Name is Keith

It's a good away with a decent allocation that's just up the road from Manchester where incidentally, Manchester United and the vast majority of their followers are based. What's not to like?

Wigan Athletic > Crystal Palace/Fulham/Charlton etc

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Tierra Del Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It's a good away with a decent allocation that's just up the road from Manchester where incidentally, Manchester United and the vast majority of their followers are based. What's not to like?

now hang on...

Unread 16-08-2010, 12:44 PM
MJ Ramone

I like Wigan.

Between 2006 & 2009 we had 3 definitive 'Title Winning' moments there.

In 2006/07 we came back from a goal down to win 1-3. There was something about the atmosphere & the belief that came from that result. It felt like we were becoming a great side again - Ole scored a lovely goal that day too

In 2007/08 we lifted the Title there of course. Brilliant late goal to seal the win.
Rooney through ball to Giggsy who slotted home.

In 2008/09 we came from behind to effectively win the Title again. Carrick screamer & a brilliant celebration from the lads.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

One of the best aways I've ever been to in recent years was at Charlton. At the beginning of the 2006/7 season, pissing down with rain on a wednesday night. £#%&!ing great it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I like Wigan.

Between 2006 & 2009 we had 3 definitive 'Title Winning' moments there.

In 2006/07 we came back from a goal down to win 1-3. There was something about the atmosphere & the belief that came from that result. It felt like we were becoming a great side again - Ole scored a lovely goal that day too

In 2007/08 we lifted the Title there of course. Brilliant late goal to seal the win.
Rooney through ball to Giggsy who slotted home.

In 2008/09 we came from behind to effectively win the Title again. Carrick screamer & a brilliant celebration from the lads.

Yes i know this. We've also won the league at middlesbrough too but I still £#%&!ing hate them.

Wigan athletic are a shitty plastic club. I'd much rather have notts forest in this league than them.

What self-respecting top division club can get beat 8-0 and 9-1 in the same season. It's a farce.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Would prefer Wigan to a pletora of other clubs. Because their owner loves us, we often score loads and they aren't middlesboro.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Ginners

they are a disgrace to the premiership really, the fact they often get 4 figure attendances is embarassing.

that said i did tip them to do well this season, got some good youngsters coming through. they wont get relegated imo.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes i know this. We've also won the league at middlesbrough too but I still £#%&!ing hate them.
Good point well made.

Unread 16-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
they are a disgrace to the premiership really, the fact they often get 4 figure attendances is embarassing.

that said i did tip them to do well this season, got some good youngsters coming through. they wont get relegated imo.
We differ on this then Ginners as I've backed them to get relegated.

Unread 16-08-2010, 02:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
£#%&! I love Paddy Evra.

That's all I wanted to say.
Closed Thread