United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Yeah, it was shit last season.

Continuity is the key. 42 different starting XIs so far this season.
Need to keep with the side that started today as much as possible until the end of the season.
Where did I say it was shit last season? My point is that we should be setting up in such a way that suits the majority of the best of our players - those players being the likes of Rooney, Mata, Welbeck, Januzaj, Kagawa etc - i.e. fast, flowing, interchanging football. RvP is the odd man out in terms of his style - he's a wonderful player but he's essentially a target man.

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:09 PM
armchair

I abandon hope everytime he plays young and valencia tbh. If he just stopped doing that and basically played the team he played today for the rest of the season (with kagawa for mata in the cl) I'd be happy.

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Scabbing the CL or going on an improbable run to finish 4th would rightly buy him time. He would then need to deliver a promissing transfer window. To change opinions of him he would need to revamp the style of football we play and learn to show some personality and balls when dealing with the press. Getting rid of his ludicrous cronies wouldn't go amiss either.

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I abandon hope everytime he plays young and valencia tbh. If he just stopped doing that and basically played the team he played today for the rest of the season (with kagawa for mata in the cl) I'd be happy.

Indeed. But everytime I think he might have a £#%&!ing clue this season, he goes and lets himself down. The next month will tell us an awful lot about if he's learned anything. That's kind of the point isn't it - it's not that we've been godawful this season, it's that he seemingly hasn't learned from it.

Until today...?

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Lok

Today was just like Palace. We played the right XI and formation and despite low confidence, we won convincingly.

Unfortunately after Palace he went straight back to the old shite that's got us where we are.

I'm convinced he'll switch back to Smalling at right back and Young/Valencia against the dippers.

What will it take for my opinion of him to change? Win pretty much every match from now until the end of the season. That'll change my mind from seriously hating the @#%&! and wanting him gone to just hating the @#%&! and wanting him gone.

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:32 PM
andyroo

Yeah basically he's already done just so very much wrong that it's hard to see there's any advantage in sticking with him.

If he makes it to the summer and doesn't £#%&! off his appalling coaching panel and get some proper coaches in...

Unread 08-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Marvel7

So for arguments sake, if, huge if, United perform a little better between now and the end of the season, play some decent football, still finishing somewhere between 5th and 7th, go out to Olympiakos but having a real go, then in the summer we sign a few decent players (Rodriguez, Kroos, and Reus), then start next season by winning the first 4 or 5 games would the biggest Moyes Outers then begin to get behind him or would they still want him to die and just spew doubts and be convinced it is gonna £#%&! up?

Unread 09-03-2014, 12:13 AM
red in cumbria

A lot of "if's" there.......

If we *did* improve markedly between now and the end of the season, then its a good question. But it has to happen first.

Unread 09-03-2014, 12:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
So for arguments sake, if, huge if, United perform a little better between now and the end of the season, play some decent football, still finishing somewhere between 5th and 7th, go out to Olympiakos but having a real go, then in the summer we sign a few decent players (Rodriguez, Kroos, and Reus), then start next season by winning the first 4 or 5 games would the biggest Moyes Outers then begin to get behind him or would they still want him to die and just spew doubts and be convinced it is gonna £#%&! up?
B.

Unread 09-03-2014, 12:22 AM
jem

Quote:
the fat girl can do her hair and her nails. she's still a fat girl. dieting will be long and hard. moyes has big bones.

Unread 09-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the fat girl can do her hair and her nails. she's still a fat girl. dieting will be long and hard. moyes has big bones.
That's it, I understand now why I keep getting behind Moyes, why I can't just write him off as a useless @#%&!.

I love me a big boned gal

Unread 09-03-2014, 12:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Today bought him a breather really, nothing more. How long he stays at United will probably be determined by the next three games.

I suspect he's doomed in the long-term anyway, but if he can make it past Olympiacos and avoid defeat in the other two he'll probably survive the summer

Unread 09-03-2014, 12:55 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Today meant nothing, nada. A no pressure game against an awful side isn't any way to judge a Manchester United manager. Let's see how he does against the dippers, city and in the EC. No doubt it'll be back to making it difficult against the first two and he's got no choice with Olympiacos, we've got to go for it.

Unread 09-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
If for

DDG

Raf Smalling Jones Pat

Fellaini Carrick

Mata Rooney Januzaj

RVP
Isn't that today's starting XI?

Unread 09-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe le Pew
Isn't that today's starting XI?
Indeed, that and the variations mentioned should be what we play every chance we get for the rest of the season, we have the first XI and squad to play it and would go some way to get the centre halves, Fellaini, Mata and Kagawa a decent run and some confidence. I think Rooney may actually be the ideal 1 up front tbh with Kagawa/Mata/Januzaj behind. Then you have Nani, Welbeck and even that @#%&! of a @#%&! Young who pre United played very well in an advanced midfield position both wide and centrally. With the players we have such a system is a no brainer and it offers genuine cover for some of our less experienced players.

Unread 09-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Rooney is very effective playing out to in from the left though. That 3 is by no means rigid at all. Number 10 this number 10 £#%&!ing that. It ain't a proper number 10 if it's a part of an attacking unit that is capable of dragging defenders out of position and forcing midfielders to drop back. It's the last 2 years every @#%&!s has started the 10 waffle. The players proving the tradition width would be Raf and a new left back ideally as that attacking free is not 2 wingers with a ten in between. May as well go back to a rigid 4-4-1-1 to fit what you are saying.

Coxy's c**ks

For me a number 10 will always be the deeper of 2 forwards and the main link man between midfield and attack.
Totally agree, in fact I hate the term number 10, unfortunately it some times has to be used to explain certain points to let's say certain individuals.

What I don't understand is your post seems to be having a go at mine whilst agreeing with everything I said!?

Unread 09-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Totally agree, in fact I hate the term number 10, unfortunately it some times has to be used to explain certain points to let's say certain individuals.

What I don't understand is your post seems to be having a go at mine whilst agreeing with everything I said!?
Not a dig at you just venting at the number ten thing, pal.

Remember when Liu said Veron was a number 10.

I am all about technically gifted players given rough zonal instructions/specific responsibilities and letting their natural instinct dictate how they play, we have that quality of player at or disposal and 2 midfielders that can cover our fullbacks bombing forward, one of which thrives on movement ahead of him due to his passing hitch is unreal. Remember how effective and down right deadly Carrick was when he had Roon, Ron and Saha/@#%&!neck in front of him to ping the ball to.

Playing in such a manner makes it so hard for the opposition, you end up with centre halves tearing strips of each other cos some @#%&! has coasted between them each leaving for the other, fullbacks being dragged inside and deep midfielders causing confusion from tracking back then not knowing whether to leave it or not.

We have the players, we have the chance to implement and if he can get the current squad playing to the standard they're capable of he may actually win the dressing room over and have players that are enjoying themselves.
Closed Thread