United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:11 PM
20LEgend1999

I think some people have lost the ability to take any joy from football. Getting excited about beating one of our biggest rivals, while managed by a club legend who clearly loves the club. Having a new signing who has lifted the whole squad and seeing homegrown local players coming through and having a major role in massive matches.

But apparently making fun of the people who wanted the manager sacked in September, despite us now being on track for what most people would have considered our targets back in August (Champions League qualfication and runs in the cup), and enjoying a positive atmostphere around the club is too extreme a reaction. From people who called for our manager to leave 10 games into the season.

Or in this case, THREE GAMES into the season:
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can’t enjoy a game properly seeing what it’s doing to him. He’d be out of his depth with the 2008 squad let alone this set of c***s. It’s going to destroy me watching him week in week out.
The same person is now talking about "hyperbole" and telling United fans to "take it one game at a time".

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
I think some people have lost the ability to take any joy from football. Getting excited about beating one of our biggest rivals, while managed by a club legend who clearly loves the club. Having a new signing who has lifted the whole squad and seeing homegrown local players coming through and having a major role in massive matches.

But apparently making fun of the people who wanted the manager sacked in September, despite us now being on track for what most people would have considered our targets back in August (Champions League qualfication and runs in the cup), and enjoying a positive atmostphere around the club is too extreme a reaction. From people who called for our manager to leave 10 games into the season.

The same person is now talking about "hyperbole" and telling United fans to "take it one game at a time".
Yeah, but the possession stats mate....

Good god...people acting like we MEANT to have that little. We would have liked to retain possession for longer, I'm sure.

Absolute side stat though.

We were better. More shots, more goals, just better.

Double over them, huuuuge £#%&!ing goons. Enjoy it

I'm still buzzing tbh.

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Ouch, Believe with WILDERS LEGS...

Time for the towel ?

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:20 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
You obviously didn’t see my previous post
I don’t have a problem with having less of the ball against a Pep team but only having 28% of the ball at home is too little
Fine this season but playing out from the back under pressure is something Ole needs to improve

We never had that little of the ball against Wenger’s Arsenal under Fergie even if we played counter attack
correct i should not put arsenal in the same bracket as a pep team here is the stats from the champs league final fergie vs pep

Barcelona Team Statistics Manchester United
3 Goals 1
1 1st Half Goals 1
12 Shots on Target 1
4 Shots off Target 2
6 Blocked Shots 1
6 Corners 0
5 Fouls 16
1 Offsides 5
2 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
89.6 Passing Success 79.6
15 Tackles 23
73.3 Tackles Success 73.9
[SIZE="7"]68.4 Possession 31.6
54.7 Territorial Advantage 45.3

are you ok with 31.6 vs 28?

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
correct i should not put arsenal in the same bracket as a pep team here is the stats from the champs league final fergie vs pep

Barcelona Team Statistics Manchester United
3 Goals 1
1 1st Half Goals 1
12 Shots on Target 1
4 Shots off Target 2
6 Blocked Shots 1
6 Corners 0
5 Fouls 16
1 Offsides 5
2 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
89.6 Passing Success 79.6
15 Tackles 23
73.3 Tackles Success 73.9
[SIZE="7"]68.4 Possession 31.6
54.7 Territorial Advantage 45.3

are you ok with 31.6 vs 28?
No
I don’t get it, why are you posting stats from a game we were completely outplayed in and was one of the low points of Fergie’s reign

Of course that wasn’t acceptable as we all agreed at time
We hoped we could learn from it but we never did learn to keep the ball when pressed

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:38 PM
believe

Quote:

People who are saying he’s got us going in the right direction were saying he should walk less than a month ago because he wouldn’t get anything out of the owners glad to see the protest still going strong.

Unread 10-03-2020, 03:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Feel a bit sorry for bellers. Getting absolutely @#%&!ted here.

Unread 10-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Two potential candidates to replace Ole mentioned there, 'Anybody' and 'I honestly couldn’t give a £#%&!'

But yes, we should 'take each game as it comes'. Really.

Unread 10-03-2020, 04:28 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 10-03-2020, 04:42 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
No
I don’t get it, why are you posting stats from a game we were completely outplayed in and was one of the low points of Fergie’s reign

Of course that wasn’t acceptable as we all agreed at time
We hoped we could learn from it but we never did learn to keep the ball when pressed
get this possession means £#%&! all if you do nothing with it.

Unread 10-03-2020, 04:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
get this possession means £#%&! all if you do nothing with it.
Yet you use an example of a team that had the majority of possession and used it to control the game and smash us

Yes of course it matters what you do with the possession but you can’t do anything if you don’t have the ball

There is a reason the best sides over the last 10 years have all been good at playing the ball out from the back and wanted to dominate the game
We’re not going to be successful long term with only 28% of the ball against very good teams

Unread 10-03-2020, 04:54 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Feel a bit sorry for bellers. Getting absolutely @#%&!ted here.
I’ll try and avoid it in future by changing my mind every week like you

Unread 10-03-2020, 05:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
What?

Changing my mind/position re Ole?

Go on? Intrigued with what you think you’ve seen....

Unread 10-03-2020, 05:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
What?

Changing my mind/position re Ole?

Go on? Intrigued with what you think you’ve seen....
Search function currently operating at 109% capacity...

Furious amount of archeology going on.

Unread 10-03-2020, 05:10 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 10-03-2020, 05:11 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Yet you use an example of a team that had the majority of possession and used it to control the game and smash us

Yes of course it matters what you do with the possession but you can’t do anything if you don’t have the ball

There is a reason the best sides over the last 10 years have all been good at playing the ball out from the back and wanted to dominate the game
We’re not going to be successful long term with only 28% of the ball against very good teams
again this is not about all season but how do you beat a team you play twice

Unread 10-03-2020, 05:12 PM
utd99

Tbf Keith has been steadfast from the off. Never once seen him say definitively Ole is the right guy, just that we MUST give him a fair crack.

Unread 10-03-2020, 05:30 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Tbf Keith has been steadfast from the off. Never once seen him say definitively Ole is the right guy, just that we MUST give him a fair crack.
Which was always the sensible position for anyone over the age of 12

Unread 10-03-2020, 06:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Which was always the sensible position for anyone over the age of 12
What about people who are technically older, but think and act like a 12 year old?

Unread 10-03-2020, 06:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
What about people who are technically older, but think and act like a 12 year old?

They just get bumped by Scar.
Closed Thread