utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
A fresh, deserved un-ambushed thread.

Brilliant tonight
Something about space.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:45 AM
armchair

what do you mean 'arrived' exactly? He's played better than this a couple of times.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:46 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
what do you mean 'arrived' exactly? He's played better than this a couple of times.
It means he got here.

He's had more to do than tonight before, but I think that's than most comfortable and authoritative he's looked.

Tbf, everyone looks a level above their usual.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:48 AM
armchair

the whole 'finally' thing

nope.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:50 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
the whole 'finally' thing

nope.
Played well. Is getting better all the time. Starting to look the business. Thought I'd start a thread about it.

So you don't like 'arrive' or 'finally'.
Any thoughts on the 'Victor' or 'lindelof'.

£#%&!ing HELL.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:57 AM
utd99

Quote:
Played well. Is getting better all the time. Starting to look the business. Thought I'd start a thread about it.

So you don't like 'arrive' or 'finally'.
Any thoughts on the 'Victor' or 'lindelof'.

£#%&!ing HELL.
Maybe capitalise the surname, and change finally to ‘played’ and arrives to ‘today’.

That should do the trick.

And definitely don’t bring up the ‘M’ word.

Unread 23-12-2018, 02:26 AM
suedeshoes

Clownbones has had a Clownbones here.

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Clownbones has had a Clownbones here.
His (her) name is clownbones?

I always thought it was clownshoes.

Unread 23-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
His (her) name is clownbones?

I always thought it was clownshoes.
It is. Was clearly stated in the FOTY placing table.

Ol' Shoesers has a point. When's the last time anybody saw a United CB bombing forward like that? Good as well!

Unread 23-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Switching Off

Unread 23-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Unread 23-12-2018, 11:38 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It means he got here.

He's had more to do than tonight before, but I think that's than most comfortable and authoritative he's looked.

Tbf, everyone looks a level above their usual.
Agreed. Seems to relish playing on the front foot rather than standing off and inviting the physical battle. Similar to Blind in 15/16, wants to use his anticipation to intercept and win the ball before they even have a chance to get at him.

Could be a positive aspect of the Mou legacy if he can build on this. Much tougher tests ahead.

Unread 23-12-2018, 11:40 AM
AnthonyMartial

Was superbly yesterday

Man of the match and looked quick g

Unread 23-12-2018, 11:42 AM
dunk

I like him, there were glimpses last season that he could be useful. I think the skinhead he had when we first saw him had everyone thinking we were getting a brute when in actuality he’s a footballer. Deffo struggled physically last year and a few times this, but this season he’s been our best CB I’d say, when not being dropped for weeks for a collective bad performance, obvs

Would like to see him and Bailly get a proper go at it with actual full backs beside them.

Unread 23-12-2018, 11:46 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I like him, there were glimpses last season that he could be useful. I think the skinhead he had when we first saw him had everyone thinking we were getting a brute when in actuality he’s a footballer. Deffo struggled physically last year and a few times this, but this season he’s been our best CB I’d say, when not being dropped for weeks for a collective bad performance, obvs

Would like to see him and Bailly get a proper go at it with actual full backs beside them.

Think Bailey could be brilliant in an attacking high line system.

Rate tuanzebe even higher .

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Didn't Bailly and Linda get burned by Brighton? Liked him yesterday but it was Cardiff ffs. Enjoy the momentum but let's not get carried away. If he has another very good 10 games consistently he might warrant an arrived thread.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Looked a player in the world cup too. Mou may well have bought 3 of our back 4 for the next decade, aswell as getting the other one to focus on his football. #legacy

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:41 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Looked a player in the world cup too. Mou may well have bought 3 of our back 4 for the next decade, aswell as getting the other one to focus on his football. #legacy
See Maguire yesterday? Played like he had cloven hooves rather than feet

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:43 PM
jem

he barely featured h1. hard to say he defended well. jones playing the "offiside trap" didn't help him h2. did ok. one thrusting run doesn't make a centre back. soz. would rather have smalling and bailly than this @#%&!. might be ok in a back three. we should never play a back three.
Closed Thread