United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
When Ronaldo was Martial’s age he’d already scored 49 goals in 49 games for Barcelona and was widely recognised as the best striker in the world.

Martial can’t put away 1v1s against Newcastle
Exactly.

Ronaldo

Like half our squad, bags of talent but £#%&! all application and what appears to be a half arsed attitude.

Honestly would struggle to give a £#%&! if any of them left, de Gea aside. Carrick is the last of the old guard.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

Don't think there's anything wrong with Pogba going to the manager with grievances the players are having with the tactics being employed in games (especially as it's obvious to everyone they're not right)
Better to openly air those grievances with the manager than for them to be left to fester in the dressing room

The problem is Pogba's lack of professionalism on the pitch
You might not be happy with your manager's instructions but you have to be professional enough to carry them out to the best of your ability
He's been sulking recently and that performance mid-week was a disgrace

Can't see this ending well as Jose simply won't change

Starting think modern players just won't buy into Jose's shithouse tactics
They see the progressive attacking football modern coaches at other clubs employ and naturally struggle to buy into the depressing football Jose preaches

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm struggling to give a £#%&! however because they're all snivelling shits who bore the £#%&!ing life out of me every week.
Yep. I remember when Keane for example was haggling over his contract with Edwards. £#%&!ing horrifying the prospect of him leaving Utd.

Todays generation of absolute #@&%!s however, I couldn't give less of a £#%&! if I trued.

Lots of seeth if DDG goes however

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:13 PM
RemisMoses

I said he reminds me of him sometimes ffs. Love a hyperbole dont you lads. His gait physique and the way he beats people from a standing start slow slow and burst reminds of Ronaldo. I didn’t say he was as good (yet!) hope it’s ok have an opinion.

If none of you are worried about losing him fair enough, but I rate the lad. And my kids love him and would be wounded if he left.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Quote:
When Ronaldo was Martial’s age he’d already scored 49 goals in 49 games for Barcelona and was widely recognised as the best striker in the world.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I said he reminds me of him sometimes ffs. Love a hyperbole dont you lads. His gait physique and the way he beats people from a standing start slow slow and burst reminds of Ronaldo. I didn’t say he was as good (yet!) hope it’s ok have an opinion.

If none of you are worried about losing him fair enough, but I rate the lad. And my kids love him and would be wounded if he left.
I know where your coming from mate, it was a comparison made by a few during his first season, unfair to compare anyone with Fat Ronaldo though..

Martial, Shaw, Pogba, Bailly, Lindelof, Rashford, Jones and De Gea should be the players that are the mainstays of the side, allowed to make mistakes and grow into the roles rather than being chopped, changed, dropped and undermined constantly. We should also be finding players of a similar age and profile to fill the other roles and provide alternatives. That's how you build a side, for me.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:32 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:

You come across as big old slapped arse going through HRT. I don’t take a word you say seriously and I doubt many do tbh. You mard c***.

I am sure you would show the players how to do it wouldn’t you your a big soft @#%&! who doesn’t stop whining. You haven’t got the balls of a flea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I know where your coming from mate, it was a comparison made by a few during his first season, unfair to compare anyone with Fat Ronaldo though..

Martial, Shaw, Pogba, Bailly, Lindelof, Rashford, Jones and De Gea should be the players that are the mainstays of the side, allowed to make mistakes and grow into the roles rather than being chopped, changed, dropped and undermined constantly. We should also be finding players of a similar age and profile to fill the other roles and provide alternatives. That's how you build a side, for me.
Thanks pal, they are very cliquey on here aren’t they. Thanks for reading the words in the intent that I wrote them.

Somebody mentioned focus the other day and that says it all, all the talent in the world in a lot of our players but no fire in the belly.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You come across as big old slapped arse going through HRT. I don’t take a word you say seriously and I doubt many do tbh. You mard c***.

I am sure you would show the players how to do it wouldn’t you your a big soft @#%&! who doesn’t stop whining. You haven’t got the balls of a flea.
Wibble.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:53 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Wibble.
Your a knee jerk wet fart of a man, you must know that. I’ll assume your wife has pissed off recently and your just going through a bad spell. Because you are one moody Black dour cloudy c***.

Do you cheer up when we are doing ‘well’ ?

Martial missed a chance against the geordies so he’s shit, that’s very silly.

Unread 23-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Your a knee jerk wet fart of a man, you must know that. I’ll assume your wife has pissed off recently and your just going through a bad spell. Because you are one moody Black dour cloudy c***.

Do you cheer up when we are doing ‘well’ ?

Martial missed a chance against the geordies so he’s shit, that’s very silly.
He's clearly not saying that. What he's saying his maybe Martial lacks the mental steel a top drawer striker has. Newcastle not being the first time he's fluffed easy chances. He can produce world class moments mixed in with utter shit.

He's one of many players who don't have a defined role in the team.

Unread 23-02-2018, 01:13 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's clearly not saying that. What he's saying his maybe Martial lacks the mental steel a top drawer striker has. Newcastle not being the first time he's fluffed easy chances. He can produce world class moments mixed in with utter shit.

He's one of many players who don't have a defined role in the team.

Yes, I know. I love a hyperbole myself tbf

His role was lw and he was getting used to that role before Sanchez f***ed him over yet again. Well Jose rather than Sanchez. I feel like Verruca Salt but its so f***ing unfair and if we let him go for peanuts ill have a big moody and take my ball home.

So he's a young player who's inconsistent that's not front page news is it. Has the lad ever had a run of 10 games on the bounce? I doubt he has.

I think the world of him and Pogba and don't see how we can improve by letting them leave. If its him or them I choose them Jose is even more miserable that the Lesley Hughes lover.

Unread 23-02-2018, 02:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes, I know. I love a hyperbole myself tbf

His role was lw and he was getting used to that role before Sanchez £#%&!ed him over yet again. Well Jose rather than Sanchez. I feel like Verruca Salt but its so £#%&!ing unfair and if we let him go for peanuts ill have a big moody and take my ball home.

So he's a young player who's inconsistent that's not front page news is it. Has the lad ever had a run of 10 games on the bounce? I doubt he has.

I think the world of him and Pogba and don't see how we can improve by letting them leave. If its him or them I choose them Jose is even more miserable that the Lesley Hughes lover.
Agree. People have gone totally down the road of 100% blaming the players now for their individual issues. I agree with Pogba, Smalling and others, but with some it isn't that simple. Young players need to be shown faith; they haven't made it yet so they will usually be confidence players who need trust and some commitment from the manager.

Martial has never really had that from Mourinho. Right from the start there have been suggestions he doesn't fancy him. From the changing of his number (people can dismiss it but try taking Ronaldo's number 7 when he was a year in) to the lack of runs in the side and public chasing of players in his position. Then, when Martial does finally hit some form, he's replaced by someone else and moved.

In 2016 United had a core of exciting young players to build with. Imo, the club's responsibility was to choose a manager who would respect that. Inevitably Mourinho is proving not to have been that guy, which pleased many in the short term but was always likely to be at the cost of the development of those players. He'll get away with it if successful. If not, stunting those player for no gain is hard to take.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:04 PM
RemisMoses

Sorry is the hardest word.. Beep beep vehicle reversing. But there is- has been no conflict honest.

Mourinho says: "You saw the game against Sevilla. It is always more difficult to come from the bench than the start, when a player is starting the game he has a different mentality.
"To come on in minute 15 and get in the pace of the game is not easy and he had a very positive game for us. Sometimes players on the bench take five minutes to be ready. they don'y have strapping, shin pads, shirt. He took 10 seconds and showed the professionalism.
"I think he responded in a very professional way both times he was on the bench. He was on for Huddersfield in the Premier League and he responded in a professional way and against Sevilla he responded the same."

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree. People have gone totally down the road of 100% blaming the players now for their individual issues. I agree with Pogba, Smalling and others, but with some it isn't that simple. Young players need to be shown faith; they haven't made it yet so they will usually be confidence players who need trust and some commitment from the manager.

Martial has never really had that from Mourinho. Right from the start there have been suggestions he doesn't fancy him. From the changing of his number (people can dismiss it but try taking Ronaldo's number 7 when he was a year in) to the lack of runs in the side and public chasing of players in his position. Then, when Martial does finally hit some form, he's replaced by someone else and moved.

In 2016 United had a core of exciting young players to build with. Imo, the club's responsibility was to choose a manager who would respect that. Inevitably Mourinho is proving not to have been that guy, which pleased many in the short term but was always likely to be at the cost of the development of those players. He'll get away with it if successful. If not, stunting those player for no gain is hard to take.

Spot on again imo. Its ok to puff your chest out and say they need to belt up/grow up and do what the manager says but he has ffs. He's really tried and was finally looking at home out on the left. And then Sanchez arrives, I am not blaming Sanchez at all, he's put all the effort in. The blame lays firmly at the managers door.

And as I mentioned i think this is linked to Paul Pogba's situation. Hasn't Pogba said Martial is the best player he's ever trained with. That is some accolade. And I believe all players or people in general want is a FAIR crack of the whip.

All this can be fixed with a bit of humility and a conversation. But I fear it would be like trying to get the missus admit she is wrong

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Wow, he got ready dead quickly....

Didn’t influence the game, keep up with the pace, have a shot on target or any impact, but cheers for putting your shin pads on dead quick...

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Didn’t influence the game, keep up with the pace, have a shot on target or any impact, but cheers for putting your shin pads on dead quick...

The ultimate professional.

Who the £#%&! takes 5 minutes to get ready?!

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

The ultimate professional.

Who the £#%&! takes 5 minutes to get ready?!
Mario Balotelli

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Well worth £80 million a second.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:47 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Nail on the head.. why does he keep on playing players that are not good enough, put in some of the kids, they can not do any worse than the likes of Valencia, Young, Smalling etc.. Surely we have a young right back with potenial that is worth a shot in the team

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Nail on the head.. why does he keep on playing players that are not good enough, put in some of the kids, they can not do any worse than the likes of Valencia, Young, Smalling etc.. Surely we have a young right back with potenial that is worth a shot in the team
He's in South London
Closed Thread